spike78 05-Dec-21
Trial153 05-Dec-21
Shawlerbrook 06-Dec-21
Jdawg 06-Dec-21
spike78 06-Dec-21
Squash 07-Dec-21
spike78 08-Dec-21
24-Nov-21
Stopping in to Cabela's to pick up some .17 HMR shells and check on slugs for a 20 gauge I've found the shelves empty. Now that Dick's got out of the hunting line as well, where are we suppose to buy ammo? NY doesn't allow on-line sales for ammo. Most of these on-line sites have ammo but can't ship to NY because of this restriction!!! This is the dumbest law I ever seen....now that Cuomo is out of office, let's repel this stupid law!!!

24-Nov-21
Good luck ! I never I thought I would say this, but the new governor is even worse than Cuomo. You can have ammo shipped to your local ffl dealer or start reloading( if you can find components). NYS is the leader in “dumb” laws.

24-Nov-21
The Ammo dealers are shipping last to NY. I can find everything I want in Ohio, Hornady, Hevi-Shot, 300Blk, 243, 22, 223, anything. Shelves overflowing with ammo. I walked into BPS in Utica and not a single box of anything other than calibers nobody shoots.

I’m sure the suppliers are prioritizing down unfriendly states.

24-Nov-21
I’m pretty sure it is still legal to purchase ammo online in NY. The SAFE Act ammo background check has never been implemented, making it still legal to ship ammo to ny purchaser. But most companies are reluctant to do it. It’s not worth the hassle if NY State pushes back even though they are not violating any law.

24-Nov-21
You are incorrect about being unable to purchase ammo online in NY. Unfortunately many retailers won't ship to NY but there are a number that will. Budsgunshop, Roger's Sporting Goods, Target Sports USA, and BOSS Shotshells are my go-to shops. Order online and a few days later the ammo shows up at my front door.

25-Nov-21
Ditto what Shawlerbrook said. Find a local FFL, but be prepared to pay a lot more!

05-Dec-21
Same here in MA but we do have a couple that will ship here. Hell most won’t even ship muzzleloader and reloading bullets and even brass!

05-Dec-21
There are still several places that will gladly ship to NY residents if you know where to look

06-Dec-21
Trial, any additional outlets to what Overland has listed. I would love to know where to look.

06-Dec-21
Surprisingly I’ve seen more ammo at Walmart’s by far than anywhere else. Having said that, it’s mostly shotgun ammo (not slugs) and rim fire.

06-Dec-21
Congratulations just read NY was voted the least free state in the US!

07-Dec-21
Spike 78, your post is funny, coming from a person from MA. LOL

08-Dec-21
Squash don’t worry we are easily number two or three next to CA lol

21-Dec-21
Bud’s Gun Shop still delivers to your door step unless you basically live in NYC or one of Burroughs.. good luck finding ammo though the popular rounds can be found relatively easy .243, ..308, 06, .270. You get the point..

• Sitka Gear