Blood 24-Nov-21
longbeard 24-Nov-21
nehunter 24-Nov-21
Corax_latrans 24-Nov-21
Gene 25-Nov-21
air leak 26-Nov-21
24-Nov-21

Blood's embedded Photo
He sees me as I’m videoing him. Pretty cool to see.
Blood's embedded Photo
He sees me as I’m videoing him. Pretty cool to see.
I hate that I’m forced to hunt bow-only state land areas during gun season. Why can’t I choose to use my bow anywhere gun is allowed on state land during this time period? Gotta make a push to fix this. On the flip side…..

It forces me to go scout new areas and try to find deer. I did just that Sunday for a brief time in a completely new spot. Marked a couple trees in a funnel area after seeing a bunch of rubs and tracks. Went in early this morning, found my tree and was set up well in advance of legal shooting light.

Right at 6:20am the squirrels started going nuts. Lol. So I kept trying to see what they were barking about….and here comes a beautiful Bobcat. I got a grainy video because of the low light but managed to pull a picture out of it and brighten it up and enhance it. It’s still blurry.

24-Nov-21

Blood's embedded Photo
Picture courtesy of a self timer and phone holder! Solo archery is fun!
Blood's embedded Photo
Picture courtesy of a self timer and phone holder! Solo archery is fun!
About 20 mins later I hear the tell-tale sounds of footsteps and happen to see some movement in the brush. And then more. And then even more. Turns out three mature does and three doe fawns were munching acorns as they browsed my way.

I watched them for a good 15-20 minutes before I got the opportunity to take one. With all those eyes around, it was super tough trying to draw. But I managed to get drawn, picked a spot on the one that offered the best shot and carefully released. Perfect shot and she didn’t go far. I saw her drop in sight.

I’m very grateful I was able to connect. Especially with how difficult this year has been. Good luck to everyone else still sticking with the bow the rest of the season. Shoot straight.

24-Nov-21
Congratulations blood!

24-Nov-21
Blood, nice

24-Nov-21
Congrats! A Beauty !

24-Nov-21
Congratulations Blood, great photo(smiling), and I enjoy the story of how is all comes down. Seeing the bobcat is a thrill also.

24-Nov-21
Fantastic! Nice when the new spot pays off!

24-Nov-21
Congrats Kyle! Way to get it done bud!

24-Nov-21
Congrats Kyle and I agree about using a bow on any state land.

24-Nov-21
Nice doe, congrats!

24-Nov-21
Nice job Blood! Why not just come hunt here in MA? We have bow season until the Saturday after Thanksgiving and you can also use bow during gun season. As CT seems to be declining in deer numbers we seem to be picking up and we are also seeing a lot of huge bucks being taken the last few years! And the best part is besides the WMA public spots we also have non posted grey type areas you can hunt on as well. I barely see any other bow hunters here. Just a thought.

24-Nov-21
Congrats kyle. Sounds like a great hunt. It's hard to smile for a timed selfie.

24-Nov-21
Congrats! Not a bad day!

24-Nov-21
Congrats bud!!!!..figured the cat would've spooked them

24-Nov-21
Thanks everyone! I guess lighting strikes twice. I remembered that I shot a huge doe last year on the Wednesday before thanksgiving as well. I hope the trend continues in the future! I’ve got some butchering to do tomorrow!!

And Spike, I’d go hunt RI I think before MA. I did that years ago and it was phenomenal down by the shoreline. But I’ll gladly come up and try MA!!

24-Nov-21
Way to go Kyle!! A happy thanksgiving hunt for you my friend!! Well done and I agree about being able to use lesser weapons

24-Nov-21
Nice job. Congrats!

24-Nov-21
There is something Profoundly Stupid about prohibiting a lesser weapon during any given season.

That said, I would not dispute the state requiring that you purchase a Firearms season tag to use during the Firearms season.

If an area is bow only anyway, there is no justification for requiring a shotgun tag. On the other hand, if it’s an area which is open to shotgun hunting, then by rights a bowhunter should be willing to purchase a Firearms deer permit to hunt deer in a firearms area during a firearms season, lesser weapon or not.

25-Nov-21
Sounds like a great morning to have been out. Congrats!

26-Nov-21
Congratulations, nice doe!

• Sitka Gear