Nocturnal II 08-Dec-21
MjF 08-Dec-21
RUGER1022 08-Dec-21
Hh76 09-Dec-21
MjF 09-Dec-21
MjF 29-Dec-21
groundhunter50 29-Dec-21
25-Nov-21
Planning on hunting the real late season and I've spent hundereds of dollars over the years on clothes and nothing keeps me warm in the stand in late winter. Curious if anyone has any reccomendations for anything heated.... pants, jacket, socks, whatever.

Also curious if anyone shoots a bow with gloves on. I usually keep handwarmers in my jacket pockets and keep my hands in there, but it's not ideal.

25-Nov-21
Wool base layers have treated me well and I always hunt late season. I always shoot with gloves. I have a thin tight fitting pair that are just dense enough to take the bite off when not in my hand muff. No heated gear for me but lots of guys use the heated vests.

25-Nov-21
I'm looking into the Milwaukee m12 stuff as I already have a ton of batteries, but it looks like they just make jackets. It seems counterproductive to me to wear a jacket that heats as opposed to a base or mid layer that heats?

25-Nov-21
Thanks stringcheese for your input. Wool base layers go a long way for me, but eventually sitting stuck in a tree, the cold always creeps in. I do these ridiculous squats on the stand to try to stay warm, hah

25-Nov-21
No heated gear, but I’ve had a heater body suit for the last 10 years, beat piece of hunting gear I ever bought and could probably could still sell it used for what I paid for it.

25-Nov-21
Yes Vilas, I bought a Actionheat insert, I can put it in different jackets, it’s great and kept me toasty warm. I also bought nice upper and lower base layer recommended from someone on here, and purchased 100% wool sweater. If I didn’t have those items I would sweat terribly and look like the little kid all bundled up in the Christmas Story movie. Look into Actionheat, I don’t like Milwaukee because jackets are to noisy in late season, plus Actionheat has heated hats, gloves, socks, inserts, vests etc. Good luck

25-Nov-21
Yes Vilas, I bought a Actionheat insert, I can put it in different jackets, it’s great and kept me toasty warm. I also bought nice upper and lower base layer recommended from someone on here, and purchased 100% wool sweater. If I didn’t have those items I would sweat terribly and look like the little kid all bundled up in the Christmas Story movie. Look into Actionheat, I don’t like Milwaukee because jackets are to noisy in late season, plus Actionheat has heated hats, gloves, socks, inserts, vests etc. Good luck

25-Nov-21
What company makes the heated body suit? Ten years of life for a product like that is impressive. EDIT: Okay I see now "heater body suit" is actually a body suit , but is not actually heated as you mentioned

25-Nov-21
I use layers of merino wool. No cotton, cotton kills. If you google "heated clothing" you can find some source for battery heated clothing. I am looking at some vests that are made of fleece or some soft material. Some of the Milwaukee or Dewalt stuff is too noisy to use in the late season.

25-Nov-21
I also wear wool for late season, but been thinking of a vest. As far as gloves, I wear a thin pair with handwarmers inside a muff. Toe warmers in boots. If I can keep fingers and toes warm I am alright. I do have a friend that has the milwaukee heated vest and loves it. He too already had extra batteries, thats a plus.

25-Nov-21
Correct, I’ve sat minus 20 in Iowa late muzzleloader and have never been cold in one.

25-Nov-21
Just how long it takes for an order to arrive is probably not good. With the issue of the supply chain and holiday season, the season might be over before you get the product.

25-Nov-21
I have a Milwaukee heated vest and it is awesome. Noise is not an issue at all. It is very thin and easily worn under your outer jacket. I think I even bought some for my brothers a few years ago for Christmas because I like it so much. For hands I have always used a hand muff with no gloves when its cold. I upgraded to a sitka muff a couple years ago and it is superior to the cheaper muffs I had in the past. It is the only piece of sitka I own but it is excellent. With a supersized handwarmer in there your hands will not get cold no matter how cold it is outside.

25-Nov-21
I have a heated vest that I put on as my second layer. Turn it on for maybe the last half hour of a sit. Prior to that, merino wool, wool sweater and always a one piece snow camo insulated suit. Plus, generally in WI it takes really cold temps, and the last half hour of daylight to see deer on public land. I mean -10 daytime temps. Warmer, they just will not move till dark.

25-Nov-21
Looked up the Sitka Muff. Looks awesome. That's not we referred to as muff when I was a kid....

25-Nov-21
That would also keep your hand warm Vilas!!!

25-Nov-21
I’d be concerned on scent control though. :)

25-Nov-21
Live2hunt I also just purchased a heated vest, didn’t have to spend to much on it, they give you an option, battery or no battery.

25-Nov-21
I think warm weather gear, especially battery operated heated body wear, doesn't offer fair chase. I mean after all, if you can sit out there longer, especially when deer are so vulnerable feeding, you have an unfair advantage to kill more deer. Of course I'm being sarcastic, but we will put a spin on anything that offers another hunter an advantage. We will soon vilify any and all people who are taking from what we all want through some sort of advantage. I believe many of you are seeing a downward trend in deer numbers, but it simply has way too many variable to blame just one thing (or ten). Perhaps we hunters are the real culprit? There are certainly adjustments that need to be made, so everyone can enjoy our natural resources, but please consider hunting somewhere else first. Yes, that can be costly, but I haven't hunted on our 80 in Sawyer county in 12 years. Not once! Why? Because I have had deep concerns about what's happening there for quite some time, and long before technology could be blamed. We have been blaming "things" for a long time, and it's probably the blame of one thing all along. We (generalizing here), are not very good at restraint, or adjusting to adversity.

25-Nov-21
I tried the Milwaukee jacket and I could hear it when I drew my bow. Just like some nylon jacket material. Of course not as loud since it is under an outer layer but when it is cold and little to no wind, the sound really carries more. I have had deer spook from sound in the cold when I drew my arrow over the rest, when my knee popped, even the slightest sound can ruin a hunt in the cold.

25-Nov-21
I’ve got the Pnuma heated vest and really like it , got one for my daughter too and she says it much better than the Cabelas one she had , Its a compression fit and wear it over your base layer Easy to reach button on chest to turn on When I get cold I reach in and turn it on high for 5 -10 min Then turn on med, If I get cold turn it back on hi for a little while They go on sale every so often Scheels just had them for 112 Two of brothers just got them too You can look up reviews on it Just my opinion but really like it

25-Nov-21
I have the Sitka Fanatic series. Put a Pnuma heated vest underneath.

25-Nov-21
I too would not recommend the Milwaukee heated jacket for the same reasons Smokey pointed out.

25-Nov-21
I have never needed heated components of any sort with a heater body suit. I have high blood pressure meds cause my fingers and toes to turn terrible cold in not time. Since I bought my HBS from Northern WI to Ontario, never needed anything else.

25-Nov-21
Just returned from Saskatchewan. Hunted dark to dark for a week. Heater body suit. I’ve had mine about three years. Best hunting investment I ever made by far!!

25-Nov-21
Agree with Grape . 1 year an outfitter called & needed 2 hunters to fill a cancelation . Last week of Nov in the far north of SK . I brought my bow & he gave me a Heater body suit to use .

It worked great . Climbed inside , zipped it up & was toasty warm even though the temp was below zero every morning . I laid the bow next to me . When a good Buck started heading my I would unzip the bag & it would fall away from your shoulders. Amazing .

Wore it out on the farm during late season for 20 years .

25-Nov-21
I like the pnuma heated vest and pants. Also use the heater body suit when it really gets cold. I really don't have a problem with the cold anymore

25-Nov-21
Was out today in the wind and cold with all my layers. Toe warmers, insole warmers, hand warmers, hand warmers in pockets, still freaking cold. I could fire a rifle, but no way I could steady a bow.

Lots of reccomendations for the heater body suit! Thanks guys. I think I might give it a try, even though I told myself no more money on gear this year.... I tell myself that every year.

My neighbor has a Milwuakee vest that he said he'd let me try out. Maybe I'll do heated vest + heater body suit.... ready for the arctic!

01-Dec-21
I have the Pnuma heated vest, works great, recommend 2 batteries for the really cold sits.

01-Dec-21
I've got a Milwaukee heated vest that came with a camo hunting jacket. I don't use the jacket all that often, but I love the vest. Gets nice and hot to warm you when you have a chill, and you can back it off to maintain. has heated pockets, too.

Another thing I did was sewed small pocket on the outside of each sleeve of a midlayer sweatshirt. I drop hand warmers in them once I get to my stand, then throw my outer layers over the top. Really keeps my arms warm. I also wear cargo pants under my bibs so I can drop hand warmers in the thigh pockets.

01-Dec-21
I actually got to try my neighbors Milwuakee heated "Axis" jacket last night. It was definitely crunchy and loud, but I think you could get away with it most of the time if you're careful and pay close attention on your draw (always easier said than done). If I owned it, I certainly would only use it when I needed to. A vest might be a better bowhunting option as most of the noise was crunchyness around arms/elbow.

Heater body suit just came in the mail today (woo go SpeeDee!). Super pumped to try it out . Got a stretch fairly cold weather on the horizon early next week (highs in teens, lows single digits), gonna put it to the test! Granted I'll only be sitting for maybe the last 2 hours of light.

05-Dec-21
For you guys looking for socks better than wool or merino wool invest in Alpaca F//H socks

05-Dec-21
MKE Tool also makes a heater muff. Works great. I also have a Cabelas Goose Down muff that works just as good with a couple of handwarmers placed inside.

06-Dec-21
This weather just prompted me to buy a heater bodysuit (black) for my ground blinds lol

06-Dec-21
I have no experience with the heated clothes but I have read the current articles on the BGF and they are decent informational reads. Here are the links.

https://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=494920&messages=24&forum=36

https://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=494857&messages=23&forum=36

08-Dec-21

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
Wow talk about fast, received my Heater Body suit today. I will be hunting out of a ground blind, for those of you that use this suit do you use it with boots on or off?

08-Dec-21

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
Wow talk about fast, received my Heater Body suit today. I will be hunting out of a ground blind, for those of you that use this suit do you use it with boots on or off?

08-Dec-21
Boots off. Easier to get into. Or put plastic bags over boots with snow on them. Take your time putting it on. Gets easier every time. Let us know how you like it.

08-Dec-21
Mjf- please post up what you think about the HBS? I am curious

08-Dec-21
Noc…. I will do that, won’t be until next weekend though, then it’s supposed to be warm out again lol

08-Dec-21
Boots off but keep the boots inside the bag with you .

09-Dec-21
I keep my boots on, unless really wet or muddy. The body suit is one of my best hunting buys. I always tell people it's like having a portable heated shooting house. I do wish it was lighter, though. Maybe someone should come out with a lightweight, packable version?

09-Dec-21
They did not skimp on quality material, very well made, they say never store rolled up, and was concerned about the noise of unzipping the zipper until I read the directions lol, very silent using the thumb and a little pressure method. I usually use a Mr Heater in my blind but anyone that has used them with snow on the top of the blind knows what a pain it is when that snow starts to melt from the heat rising, way too much noise, zippers freeze, etc.

29-Dec-21
This Friday will be a huge test for the Heater Body Suit, excited for the challenge

29-Dec-21
I have used a HBS for a long time, and swear by them. Mine is fall predator camo, which I do not know if they make anymore. I do not find it too heavy, nice on the back shoulder system, easy to carry in and set up. For me, and I am warm blooded, I dress very lite, and only wear a 600 gram boot, even on very cold days.

I simply set up, and tucked in, and I am set. When I did use it in tree stands, I was younger and alot more agile. I had practiced on low level stand at the house, and got it down.

Being on the ground now, its alot simpler. Its really a nice simple system. When I leave, I step out of it, roll it up, back on the back, and I am gone. I have sat in some really cold days with it,, but those were days with little wind, and after the storms, late season, them deer were moving.

• Sitka Gear