vilascounty 26-Nov-21
smokey 26-Nov-21
smokey 26-Nov-21
smokey 26-Nov-21
smokey 26-Nov-21
vilascounty 26-Nov-21
Duke 27-Nov-21
26-Nov-21
Pulled a lot of cams today and was hoping to match up pics with wind direction and look for any pattern. I can't seem to find any source of historical weather information at a very local level;. I can only find it for some weather stations an hour awa on wunderground.com, but nothing truly local.

26-Nov-21
The only data comes from weather stations qnd those are all available. If you want data that's location specific you'll have to put up your own weather stations.

26-Nov-21
Yeah that's what I figured. I'm looking online and it looks like you can get one fairly cheap, pretty good idea, thanks. Might be a fun project this summer, although I hate getting on the roof, lol.

26-Nov-21

smokey's Link
I have had a weather tation at my home for many years and I also was in charge of the weather stations for the CHequamegon before I retired.

I watched stations a lot and compared the weather. If you are lucky enough to have a weather station close to your hunting spot it might help but wind can be different directions and speeds within a short distance. The State and Feds use MESOWEST, link attached. YOu can download some data after selecting a station. I and some other private parties use COCORAHS for rain and snow and WeatherUnderground for all weather. My station at home uploads to Weatherunderground every twenty minutes and you can get data going back a long way. If you do a search in Weatherunderground you might find a close station to your spot. There might be some periods without data since the computers sometimes will drop out.

26-Nov-21

smokey's Link
Link for Weatherunderground.

26-Nov-21
Vilas. If you decide on a station, let me know. It is important to set them up for more accurate data.

I mount mine on a piece of conduit and have it up from my deck, no need to climb a roof.

26-Nov-21

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo
Here is a screen grab from my PC today. The drop-down menus will break down for historical data.

26-Nov-21
Thanks smokey, that's really cool. Will probably wait until the spring or summer for this, but I'll definitely hit you up.

27-Nov-21
You can pull data from weather underground from past days hour by hour for wind, precip., and pressure. -Most are pulled from local airports.

• Sitka Gear