BBB 29-Nov-21
soapdish 29-Nov-21
soapdish 29-Nov-21
soapdish 29-Nov-21
2Wild Bill 29-Nov-21
JohnNWCT 29-Nov-21
N8tureBoy 29-Nov-21
28-Nov-21
So my kids go to my buddies property to build a duck blind today. Late this afternoon I take a ride down with my buddy to see how things are going. We arrive and helped out with putting the final touches on it. This entailed cutting down some grass/brush nearby. We found a fresh rub while doing so. So I throw the grass over the shoulder and put it in the truck bed. Blinds done and we head out. Driving down the road all I smelled was deer piss, thought I was going to vomit. Neither my buddy or other son can smell it. I can only smell it on the side I put the grass on. I'm guessing it got transferred from the grass. I'd bring it with me tomorrow, but it's new private land that I haven't stepped foot on yet and the sweatshirt is grey in color.

28-Nov-21
soap, I'll take your word for it,.....that you know what deer piss smells like I mean. I know what a bull elk smells like, and you can smell that yards away.

29-Nov-21
How is it that you didn't smell it with the grass on your shoulder? You have an opening window in the back window of your truck cab?

29-Nov-21
Bill - I think that's what he's saying, that he could smell it from the side of his shoulder he put the grass on.

29-Nov-21
BBB-correct. New spot looking good so far. Bumped at least 4 deer. I came in at first light. Easy walk in. I'm sitting alongside a rock wall in some thick stuff, over looking a stream bed on the edges of some fields.

29-Nov-21

soapdish's embedded Photo
soapdish's embedded Photo

29-Nov-21
Walked the rest of the property and I feel there are good things to come. I saw a total of 5 deer, picked up 2 Mylars and saw one poacher.

29-Nov-21
I once had a spot on a local road where I too would have the smell reek as I drove by. It turned out to be goats.

Thanks bbb, I missed that detail and focused on the grass being in the back of the truck.

29-Nov-21
There's some real nice ducks marshes that turn into deer areas. Great find!

29-Nov-21
Sounds like a good spot. If the piss smelled like asparagus I would question the kids further about where that were whizzing though

• Sitka Gear