Thornton 05-Jan-22
crestedbutte 05-Jan-22
29-Nov-21

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
"South Draw" Stand
"South Draw" Stand
Old "Bison Wallow" Parking Spot. Nothing will grow in these old wallows.
Old "Bison Wallow" Parking Spot. Nothing will grow in these old wallows.
Got a doe tag in my pocket. So, I am on a doe hunt ya'll! The previous Hunt #6 ended with my Grand Osage WA buck.

Hunt #7 Sat. 11/27/2021 PM

Stand: "South Draw" Hang-on

The pics and videos in this post are the views, set-up and strategy. It was warm and windy but weather forecast called for the wind to die down in last few hours of light and boy did it ever. The deer were up and moving earlier than I expected but I was ready. The posts to come will show the action from the stand!

Nothing like leaving your "leavin's" on your climbing sticks below?

29-Nov-21
Well Jason, did you fill your doe tag? Inquiring minds want to know.

29-Nov-21
Where is your OU flags?

29-Nov-21
Why does double name TX care about an OU flag?

29-Nov-21
Brian....lets just say it was a very busy evening hunt. Had a doe tag in my pocket and it was a buck parade all evening! Go figure.

Dave don't mind "be still"...he means no harm and I believe he is a good guy. He just likes to stir "that pot" as we all do.

Now back to the action from Saturday evening.

This one is tough to see but the buck is moving along the grass at the top of the screen. He had been down on the lower deer trail and climbed the hill so fast I didn't have time to get the bow off the hook with my phone attached and start videoing in time before he got in the grass. He was missing one entire side...but would have been atleast a 10ptr if he had both sides. By missing an entire side he almost guarantee's to live thru the 2021 season. He will be a good'un next year!

29-Nov-21
It’s just a game Dave but yeah don’t mind me...heard I was so ugly when I was born I didn’t get the family’s last name. I’m just a rat looking for some crumbs and Jason here is the only one that will throw me some now and then.

Jason that is some beautiful country and you do great work with your videos.

29-Nov-21
That’s the way it usually works for me. I pass up does early in the season waiting for a buck, then if I get one the does seem to disappear, lol.

29-Nov-21
Deer whisper'r

29-Nov-21
LOL...No kidding....sorry about the whispering. I think I need to raise my voice a little but it is just a natural habit of mine when videoing deer that are around or near me.

30-Nov-21
Yep...the Flinthills prairie is where I recharge my batteries and thanks for the kind words on the video'ing. I enjoy it but hope fooling around with it doesn't cost me a shot at a "giant" someday. However, if it does I suspect I will have video of it to share with you guys.

Anywhooo...I should probably finish my hunt from Sat. So, later that evening I had a few other bucks come by so fast I couldn't get the bow off the hook quick enough to video. So, I decided to do some rattl'in. Why? I have no idea other than I am a hunter, it is late Nov. and seemed like the thing to do....but not exactly the thing to do when you've already filled your buck tag and hunting for a doe.

Well, maybe best to just watch! Keep On A Hunt'in!

01-Dec-21

He looked to be a young up-n-comer 11ptr....maybe 12ptr. Figured I would grunt and rattle some to see if he would swing back by so I could get more footage of him. Now don't laugh at the sound of my rattl'in....as in this particular case if I am going to rattle simultaneously while also video'ing, I have to hold the bow up with I-phone holder in one hand while shaking the horns from where they hang along the tree trunk with the other free hand. Oh the sacrifices we make, right?

He came across the creek and seemed semi-interested but appeared that he wanted to get on down the creek bottom drainage to another fight. Hope he makes it a couple more years and we repeat this meeting in 2023. I sit out gun season....but will be back in another one of my spots once that craziness ends.

That was it for that PM hunt last Saturday. Hope you enjoyed being there with me. Keep On A Hunt'in!

01-Dec-21
Awesome stuff once again...You’re having great sits. Wow I sure hope that one like you said makes it for a couple years...he’s going to be a dandy. Lol I bet he tempts you a little next year if you cross paths with him.

01-Dec-21
Good stuff Jason. I enjoyed the videos.

01-Dec-21
Love the videos!

04-Jan-22
Went out on the afternoon of the 31st with intentions on filling my doe tag. Turned out to be a mission of retrieving all my trail cameras (7) total that have been up since mid-Oct. and before it got dark and the cold front blew in. Well, it was well after dark by the time I hiked to the last one but I did beat the cold front. Below are some of the better bucks and or up-in-comers.

Can't Wait Til This One Gets A Little Older and Off Momma's Teat!

Up in Comer:

Up in Comer:

Young'in With Great Brows but Gimmpy Back Right Leg:

A Stand I Call "The Point" That I Didn't Get To This Year....Uuugghh! Hang-On Stand Is In The Trees Across From Camera:

Left Side Drop-Tine Buck

I Hope We Meet Someday?:

Split-Brow:

Split Brow:

Split Brow:

Left G3 Kicker:

04-Jan-22
Got more where these came from.....Stay Tuned!

04-Jan-22
Pretty friggin awesome, hope they all made ut through. That cam takes good video, and more & more I like the video over pics.

05-Jan-22
Gosh dang you got some good ones coming up...impressive.

05-Jan-22

Boy hidey....I hope most made it through too! Red circle is where my stand is located at "The Point" stand from video's above. This was the first year ever that I didn't make it to this stand for atleast 1 sit.

05-Jan-22
Some nice ones Jason. Hope they all made it through for next year.

05-Jan-22
Nice buck.

05-Jan-22
JT….which one are you specifically talking about?

• Sitka Gear