BC 30-Nov-21
29-Nov-21
I can't be the only one out?

29-Nov-21
I'm watching nature

29-Nov-21
I’m out. Very quiet.

29-Nov-21
I went for a loop ride before work. People everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. Reminds me of the old days…hopefully these guys all shoot like the old guys too. Haha

29-Nov-21
I forgot how bright this shit is.

29-Nov-21
Quiet in Z10. No worries about gun hunters here.

29-Nov-21
Up in zone 8, saw a yote at first light, no other hunters, shots, or deer around me so far

29-Nov-21
BC I think I’m in a similar environment, but I have to say, I’ve heard some shots come out of some incredibly small patches of woods.

29-Nov-21
Was up my tree settled in zone 8 by 515 . Had deer all around me from 525-618 watching 3 nice does feeding 30 yards from my treee . 5 minutes till shooting light . All of a sudden they take off. Like bats out of hell. Turn around and a guy walked in and just sat down 60 yards behind me ! What the hell who in their rite mind would walk in at shooting light

29-Nov-21
Was up my tree settled in zone 8 by 515 . Had deer all around me from 525-618 watching 3 nice does feeding 30 yards from my treee . 5 minutes till shooting light . All of a sudden they take off. Like bats out of hell. Turn around and a guy walked in and just sat down 60 yards behind me ! What the hell who in their rite mind would walk in at shooting light

29-Nov-21
Someone who doesn’t have a stand and wanted to see sign on their way in with the hopes of finding or shooting one on the walk in hahaha. He found em. And you lol. That sucks I hate that.

29-Nov-21
Ugh that’s terrible. If you’re doing shotgun spot and stalk you should be moving no faster than 100 yds per hour.

29-Nov-21
Ugh that’s terrible. If you’re doing shotgun spot and stalk you should be moving no faster than 100 yds per hour.

29-Nov-21
Done for the morning. Very little sign where I usually hunt. No orange or shots though. The usual big drives will be later in the week I expect. Will try for afternoon. Good luck to those still out.

29-Nov-21
Agreed sosso. Kill a bunch like that in PA during rifle. Very slow a goin. Clip my cushion onto my belt and go.

29-Nov-21
Timing is everything. Had to jump at 8:30 to make a morning appointment. On the ground, bow hanging, checking my camera, I catch movement. Here comes a good buck. Mexican standoff, he finally moves off after being a statue for 15 minutes. If I stayed in stand for 5 more minutes I would have been canceling my appointment haha. Gotta love bowhunting.

29-Nov-21

29-Nov-21
Almost BC!

29-Nov-21
Aghhhhhhh! BC!

29-Nov-21
Z0 today. Thought about calling in to work, but my boss was coming in to town for a meeting. lol

maybe tomorrow???

29-Nov-21
Movement on my cameras 930a to now via spypoint, doesn’t look like any bucks though…. If anyone is out hang in there!

29-Nov-21
Lot of guys out in my area of zone 9. First time Ive seen this much pressure in a very long time. Heard a couple of shots where guys had a drive on. Some more shots from another drive later in the morning.

29-Nov-21
Doc I saw a lot more than usual this morning on my drive around the area before work. I was kind of surprised. But the guys weren’t where the should have been…so hopefully the leave those spots for me after work hahaha

29-Nov-21
Z10 AM all had sightings between my father, brother and myself. No bucks other than a spike on his way away from me. Brother had a small doe within 10 feet of him who never knew he was there. She got the pass. Brother and I back out for the evening, the old man is heading out to Z5 Erving to meet up with his battalion of the orange army for the next couple days

29-Nov-21
Volunteered and joined the orange army. For some unknown reason i cant keep deer off me this season. Walked in barely seein light. Didnt go dark cuz id never find my saddle tree. ….2” of snow on the ground. Bear track everywhere. Some deer track. I jumped a ten point in here 6or 7 days ago. Hunted him and drew on him at 30 yds but could not get a shot with the bow. Now i got a firestik. No sooner had i settled into the saddle and i look up and see an ear flick at 70 yds. ……… to be continued….

29-Nov-21
My morning,, described by the txt i sent a buddy...

Thought I was solo... nope, dude just blasted one close enough I heard him rack the shell for shot 2. There was a tree stand just over the hill last year, must have been him.

29-Nov-21
Shoulda went where you was last time…

29-Nov-21
True pi true

29-Nov-21
I hope you greet him cordially

29-Nov-21

Shanation's embedded Photo
Shanation's embedded Photo
Morning started with 4 or 5 does in a field viewable from the parking lot but of course on private. Walked around trying to cut a good track till 930ish. Was planning on sitting a few spots but the fog was terrible. Got on a good track on my way down the mountain. As I'm goin along taking my time, the track jumps off to the left. I'm thinking no way I jumped him, sure enough 30 yards in front of me is a bear bedded down!! Sat there for a few minutes and got some pics. Proceeded on the track. 50 yards up the hill and I see the buck stand. Let one rip but immediately saw a branch in front of me start swaying back and forth. Clean miss. On the walk out a deer jumped 50 yards in front me, gave a couple grunts and slowly walked towards it. Get to where it was and it's standing 40yards to the right. Couldn't get a good look at the head so I let down. All in all it was a good day and I definitely do not miss sitting in a tree for hours on end lol

29-Nov-21
Some serious snow there shane

29-Nov-21
Zone 3 picked up 4 or 5 inches the other day. Drifts in the fields are brutal!

29-Nov-21
Ahhh. I got like 1-2 here in 5/9. Nothin crazy. Suppose to get 6 when we get to PA this Friday. Hopefully it lasts the week for us. If it does, the deer are in trouble

29-Nov-21
Got out in Z9 with my son (15). He overslept so we were late. Almost legal shooting and we’re still creeping in about 100 ft from the tree we were going to hang. He’s in the lead and sees 4 or 5 rumps bounding off 100yds away. After a pause, we creep a few more steps and he briefly sees a buck walk across left to right at about 80yds and out of sight up and over a hill. Tried a couple grunts just in case we could get him back but no luck. All in all a good morning - inching closer to that day it’ll all come together.

29-Nov-21
Got a text “can you get out of work?” In the PM. I didn’t really know if I could but ended up skipping out at 2:40p arriving just after 3p. I went this away, buddy went that away. We walked around a thicket then boom! I heard a shot. I walked away from the shot and saw 2 deer run into thick pines. I backed out and ran 50-60 yards north and sure enough they came by. 1st one had antlers and I stopped it but was a weird shot and he ran. 2nd one was smaller and had antlers. I stopped him too and shot.l quartering away. He ran and I stopped him again and shot. I circled around and saw him sitting peacefully. One last shot to end it quickly. 60 minutes - if you think you have too much going on and can’t get out it’s better to go out for an hour than sit on your couch. VIP treatment as my buddy put my deer in his truck since I forgot my tarp.

29-Nov-21
Nice

30-Nov-21
That’s a great story—congrats!!!

30-Nov-21
Love when a plan comes together Noob!

30-Nov-21
Well, I'll post a picture later today, although it's not going to be a pretty one. I nailed the biggest doe I've ever seen yesterday at sunset. Here's my story...

I was in a call-in meeting for 2 hours. It ended at 3:45PM. By that time I was dressed, car parked, ready to go. I grabbed my bow and hustled to an area where I know a herd of Doe pass through at times. I didn't have time to use my climber because I wasn't going to make it to that area until 4PM. I said "screw it, I'm hunting from the ground!!"

I got to the area and arranged myself between a pine sapling and this triple tree. I was looking east, and expecting them to come from the south. I was there for about 10 minutes before I heard footsteps to my left (I had my camo, my orange, and a facemask - I had also sprinkled a little bit of doe piss immediately around me). I had enough time to connect my release to the string and grip my bow and pull it into my stomach. I closed my eyes, then cracked my left eye as the first of 7 doe came through.

25 yards away the first one broke through the pine saplings and saw me right away. I didn't move a muscle. Finally she kept coming in. I could see the outline of another through my cracked left eye. I decided to close both eyes completely and let them come through...I didn't move a muscle. Every so often I cracked my left eye to survey as best I could. I counted six, all between 8-18 or so yards away crossing infront of me left to right. Finally, I heard one more set of footfalls to my left and I knew this would be the Matriarch. She saw me immediately and stomped. The others stopped moving and all eyes were on me. I kept my eyes closed and just used my ears. She finally started moving. I would occasionally crack my left I and I could see her ~15 yards away and looking directly at me as she walked by. The others took her walking as a sign all was well and they moved on. I saw that she had to pass behind a large oak and I knew that was my only chance to draw, so as soon as her head disappeared behind it, I drew.

She stopped, they all stopped. I was looking through my peep, had the sight aligned, bow was level, this was going to be a good shot. She knew something was up but didn't bolt. She instead turned around coming back left from behind the tree as another doe followed her lead. I took a final second to see that my bubble was level, my green dot was on her, and I let it fly.

Double-lunged her. She went back to where she came and crashed under a fallen tree into some boggy water (not picturesque). Anyhow, I have named her Hermione (Harry Potter - Mud Blood). She's hanging in the garage and I have to go get her checked.

That's my story. I'll post unflattering pictures soon. ~18 yds, from the ground. Based on my successes this year, I fully expect to be skunked next year.

30-Nov-21
So cool Sosso - from the ground, amazing!

30-Nov-21
Sasso. Good work and story. Quick and dead

30-Nov-21
Great story and great job soso !! Thanks for sharing.

30-Nov-21
Awesome sosso!

30-Nov-21
Nice Sosso! Especially from the ground during gun season!

30-Nov-21

Sosso's embedded Photo
Sosso's embedded Photo
I give you….Hermione…yeesh

120 dressed. Turns out she wasn’t that heavy, I was just tired and dragging through mud sucks.

30-Nov-21
Hey 120s a damn good doe!

30-Nov-21
She's purdy

30-Nov-21
Nice work, Sosso!

30-Nov-21
Nice one Sosso!

30-Nov-21
Great hunt. Good job making it happen.

• Sitka Gear