drslyr 01-Dec-21
apache 01-Dec-21
HunterND 01-Dec-21
Lunker 01-Dec-21
hickstick 02-Dec-21
PedalPaddleHunt 02-Dec-21
HunterND 02-Dec-21
01-Dec-21
Anyone on here ever try using battery heated longjohns? They popped up as an add for me the other day. I typically just layer up heavy this time of year but after going light on a long hike in its a lot of moving around in the stand to layer back up. Would be nice to just dress lighter and press a button for a couple hours of warmth on a morning site but I also don’t want to spend $150 to find out they dont work and freeze my butt off.

01-Dec-21
I've not. I've got some friends with heated vests though, they claim it's game changing. Makes sense, keep the core warm and circulating blood could help keep the extremities warm. They have the Milwaukee heated vest, and wear it as the mid layer over a base, with their outer layer jacket the "normal" for them outer layer.

Another friend swears by the battery heated socks, LOVES em.

So I'd suspect it works in longjohns, but no one I know uses em.

01-Dec-21
I have a vest that has eight inside pockets, four on the back and two on each side, that hold hand warmers. Works awesome. I never hunt without it if it's below 32 degrees. If I only sit for two or three hours I put hand warmers in a zip lock bag and I can get two of three sits out of them. Years ago my wife made me something similar with an old hunting shirt but this is store bought and form fitting so there's very little bulk.

01-Dec-21

Les's embedded Photo
Les's embedded Photo
DIY duct tape suicide bomber hand warmer base layer is how we roll.

01-Dec-21
That's funny Les. Practical but funny. I use Hothands body warmers. They have one side that is adhesive lined that i stick on my thermals over my kidneys. As Will said, it really helps keeing the core warm. Couple that with hand warmers insid a muff I'm really comfortable. As far as heated thermals, I'm sure they work. The reviews seem to be positive.

01-Dec-21

ARLOW's embedded Photo
ARLOW's embedded Photo
If you dont have a heated vest, these are the bomb!

01-Dec-21
yup.. I have used those peel and stick chem heaters. I just bought one of those Elements rechargeable handwarmers and used it saturday...worked awesome....I also use the peel and stick toe warmers too.

I just ordered a Ororo heated vest....but it wont get here probably til next week.

the problem I Have this time of year is the wind....with no leaf cover, even a small breeze feels like it just whips through. I have a set of Cabela's berber fleece with 4most...but its so damn bulky I hate wearing it.

01-Dec-21
Bought a heated vest this year and it is awesome.

01-Dec-21
Just looked at the Milwaukie vest today at Home Depot it was a shade under 250 with the vest charger and 2 batteries. For those who own the MILWAUKEE VEST ONLY. How do you like it. How long do the batteries last? Is it worth the money?

01-Dec-21
Drslyr get it. I have the jacket and love it

01-Dec-21
Ok im taking your word for it. For a guy who aint retired and has no income thats a lot money

01-Dec-21
save your self the 250. get get the arris heated vest 8 heat panels including neck warm 120.$ i have 2 if you wanna try one let me know

01-Dec-21
I have an Ororo heated vest and it is very nice, even without the heated aspect. But that Arris looks solid and has more heat zones. I also have mobile warming socks and a mobile warming base layer shirt, both can be controlled with an app on my phone. Happy with all of them, although some days Im more worried about getting electrocuted by stepping in puddle than I am worried about falling out of a stand.

01-Dec-21
Wait. You regulate the heat in your socks and shirt from an app on your phone ?

02-Dec-21
just got notification that my vest shipped and is due to be here tomorrow....hopefully will get to test it out Saturday.

02-Dec-21
Never used the Milwaukee vest hunting, but used one at work. Don't bother with it anymore. Found ot to provide very little warmth.

02-Dec-21
Yes I do. Still gets chilly sometimes, but its pretty good.

• Sitka Gear