bigwoodsbucks22 01-Dec-21
arch2112 01-Dec-21
Public land hunter 01-Dec-21
Jebediah 01-Dec-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 01-Dec-21
Jebediah 01-Dec-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 01-Dec-21
01-Dec-21
Somewhere on here I read that a bullet from a muzzleloader is especially prone to deflection. I got to thinking, and I don’t understand. Why is ML bullet especially prone to deflection?

01-Dec-21
I'm curious to hear the answer but my understanding is because it is big, heavy, and slow. I was talking to Timmy bolduc of woodman and recently and he said he would never shoot thru brush with the muzz but definitely would with a rifle. He said that was pretty much the she did the whole crew there at BWB.

01-Dec-21

arch2112's Link
I've read many theories and people have tried to test which type of bullet is best. It was believed that slower moving heavier bullets would deflect less than faster bullets with a better balistic coefficient. Chuck sums it up.

01-Dec-21
Agreed. Tests and science shows slower, heavier bullets deflect less. Hence the old stories of "brush guns" like the .35 remington . Can't argue physics. Same with arrows and penitration. Its harder to deflect and stop a Mack truck than a fast Miata.

01-Dec-21
Interesting, thank you. Here’s another question: how do you dispose of IMR Whitehots?

01-Dec-21
Umm you give them to me Jeb hahaha

01-Dec-21
I know a guy who has a few that fell in the mud…

01-Dec-21
Ahh. Mud. Ya…squish em in the mud hahaha

• Sitka Gear