Blood 01-Dec-21
BBB 01-Dec-21
BBB 01-Dec-21
Thisismyhandle 01-Dec-21
Dr. Williams 02-Dec-21
BBB 02-Dec-21
01-Dec-21

BBB's Link
I was just on the Ct hunting map site and it's showing several areas as permit required now, like Durham Meadow, when it never was in the past, so someone tell me if I'm seeing things.

01-Dec-21
You’re seeing things. My map shows it still as a bow only area.

01-Dec-21
You’re seeing things. My map shows it still as a bow only area.

01-Dec-21

Blood's embedded Photo
See if you know where this is from that hell hole.
Blood's embedded Photo
See if you know where this is from that hell hole.
Yup. No idea where you’re seeing that. Click on the area on your phone, then click on the banner, turn your phone sideways and you’ll see what is available to hunt.

And bring your kayak or boat to hunt Durham meadows with a bow. It’s all swamp except where they stock pheasants. Been there. Done that.

01-Dec-21
I tried getting into Durham meadows last year. In multiple spots. Definitely need a kayak, at minimum chest waders.

01-Dec-21

BBB's embedded Photo
BBB's embedded Photo

BBB's Link
I just clicked on the map again for Durham, see the link below and picture

01-Dec-21
Is my internet bringing me to the twilight zone?

01-Dec-21
It is.

01-Dec-21
It is.

01-Dec-21
You’re not seeing all the way to the right on that chart. You’ll see Yes or No if it’s permitted or not.

Bottle one or two of Malbec tonight?

01-Dec-21
Damn Blood!!! I never had to click on the box that popped up and expanded that up before! Now I had to expand it to see what you're talking about. I was thinking there's no where I can hunt now that's bow only!! Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

01-Dec-21
No wine tonight, but I will open one for tomorrow night now. I have to celebrate finding new spots to hunt :)

01-Dec-21
Wait………………………………..you didn’t know there’s bow only areas?

02-Dec-21

Dr. Williams's embedded Photo
Dr. Williams's embedded Photo
Durham Meadows is part of that Saturday pheasant stocking program where permits are required for the morning or afternoon shoots.

02-Dec-21
This - that was my attempt at making fun of myself for not knowing how to open the legend for each map to show the yes/no donations. I've been hunting bow only areas for a few years now as a way to keep hunting during the gun season.

Doc - another piece of info I wasn't aware of, that there are state lands for pheasant that have morning and afternoon permits. Bristol F&G went to that before I quit the club to reduce hunter pressure and the orange wave at 7am horn. Thanks for that info.

• Sitka Gear