Huntskifishcook 02-Dec-21
Big Dog 02-Dec-21
Bowhunt3138 02-Dec-21
Will 02-Dec-21
hickstick 02-Dec-21
ARLOW 02-Dec-21
Big Dog 03-Dec-21
02-Dec-21
Getting my old compound restrung, tuned, etc. Figure while I'm at it, I might replace the cheap hostage 'biscuit' style that's on there. Only other modern compound I've owned had a QAD ultra....what's everyone opinion about fall away rests vs biscuits and what ate some good brands??

02-Dec-21
Can of worms thread. I have the ultra and have had no issues. It has been flawless. And I shoot rage and am not afraid to take a 40 yrd shot. Have and do practice well beyond that. My FMJ s consume the target. Work is slow tonite

02-Dec-21
By the by r u gonna rethink your camo choice as well ? Rhetorical question. I all ready know the answer

02-Dec-21
Fall away, just because that’s all I’ve ever had. Shoot what works for you.

02-Dec-21
Never had an issue with the QAD

02-Dec-21
QAD Ultra HDX

02-Dec-21
Family members shoot both biscuit and drop away. We don't usually shoot much beyond 25yds and some love the simplicity of biscuit. With that said , if longer shots were the norm, think fall away but understand there are more moving parts. I remember a vid of Tom Miranda shooting a polar bear using a biscuit rest in that type of cold. Bows are a short range weapon.

02-Dec-21
I’ve had good results with my QAD drop away. Never a problem. On the other hand, I shot a WB for years prior without any issues either. Both good options but I think the drop away is better choice if you’re reaching out to 30 yards or more. Inside of 20, both are fine.

02-Dec-21
I have shot them all but have to say that I find the accuracy from the biscuit to be very comparable to any fall away rest. Here's the thing ---I never have to worry about when I am away on a hunt is the biscuit failing, getting tangled in brush, falling bow etc. Their rock solid and almost impervious to damage. A comfort when your not near any bow shop etc.

02-Dec-21
Thanks guys. And no, Lunk. Lol. This is just a freezer filling thing for me. It hasn't changed the way deer see. :)

I can't explain it, I've just never enjoyed shooting a compound. I guess I look at them the way most look at a crossbow. They look like a PIA to deal with, but I'm sure that extra range is nice. Lol

02-Dec-21
QAD worked great for me for a few years. A couple years back it froze the week before the season, so switched to a biscuit and have used it since. I also like the biscuit for moving around on the ground, which I have been doing much more the past couple years. It prevents the arrow from bouncing around when maneuvering through thick cover awkwardly.

02-Dec-21
The ineluctable parting shot at the compound. I was waiting for it and Hickstick never disappoints, LOL

02-Dec-21
Lmao BD x 2

02-Dec-21
Hick, they both work great. I went from a limb driver to a hostage version of biscuit and have stayed, though I admit I think of changing almost yearly. I dont know why, it works for me just fine! I just like to tinker I think.

That said, unless your bristles are toast, that hostage will work fine as far out as you want to shoot.

02-Dec-21
I'm nothing if not consistent dog. lol

#stickbowsarebetter #stick&stringelitist

02-Dec-21
QAD all day long

03-Dec-21
Hickstick, I shot trad for more years than I'll admit. The bows are light , sleek and things of beauty . I understand why you enjoy them. But as your body makes its deal with time even you may end up lugging around a cross bow the size of a small harp. Wait for it ,LOL.

• Sitka Gear