Huntskifishcook 02-Dec-21
BAT 02-Dec-21
FromTheGroundUp 02-Dec-21
Lunker 02-Dec-21
BC 02-Dec-21
Lunker 02-Dec-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 02-Dec-21
02-Dec-21
A little sprinkle today . But with a very light wind I’ve never really seen a very light rain bother deer at all . I’m giving it a go this morning at one of my doe factory’s : trying for a big old doe

02-Dec-21
Wow I guess everyone’s scared of the rain . Watched a doe feeding around 100 yards no shot . She slowly fed off to my left

02-Dec-21
Wow I guess everyone’s scared of the rain . Watched a doe feeding around 100 yards no shot . She slowly fed off to my left

02-Dec-21
I got in just before day break came face to face with a nice doe she looked as surprised as I did. Gave me the scream and off she went. Been quiet even since but feels good to be out.

02-Dec-21
Needed a rest day, will be out tomorrow

02-Dec-21

arch2112's embedded Photo
arch2112's embedded Photo
Of course I’m on the road working.

02-Dec-21
Z0

Have fun folks.

02-Dec-21
z0 for am... hoping to get out last couple of hours after work behind house.

02-Dec-21
Z0 for me today….

BUT GOOD NEWS, PA 2021 is back on. Stayin with our friends son. Who doesn’t really have the room but we’re gonna make it work! He couldn’t see us not coming down and having to hunt all week without us as it’s such tradition and fun to be there. Not even just the killing but hanging in the barn bullsh*ting and breaking stones. Packing up tonight and leaving tomorrow.

02-Dec-21
Z0 for me today….

BUT GOOD NEWS, PA 2021 is back on. Stayin with our friends son. Who doesn’t really have the room but we’re gonna make it work! He couldn’t see us not coming down and having to hunt all week without us as it’s such tradition and fun to be there. Not even just the killing but hanging in the barn bullsh*ting and breaking stones. Packing up tonight and leaving tomorrow.

02-Dec-21
Made it home to get the last hour in stand. Bumped a deer heading into the woods 50 yards in. No clue what it was so thick. Settled in now. Good luck.

02-Dec-21
Had a buck 80 yards out but wouldn’t stop and too much junk in the way. Dang.

02-Dec-21
Fun regardless Arch, glad you got out.

MAPA - that's super!

02-Dec-21
Got out this morning before work from dark to 8:30. Nothing doing. Area was swarming on Monday. Today no one when I arrived and only 2 cars when I left. Will hunt the same short window tomorrow morning.

02-Dec-21
From the ground just curious no malice intended. I always wondered about this. Anyone please chime in but what do you guys do if one comes in at 815 slowly. Or you shoot one at 815.? Do you call in sick ? I just could never fathom how you could leave the stand around prime time. Just curious

02-Dec-21
Another skunking for me tonight. Last night a coughing fit blew my chances at prime time. Real rut going on for me, and not the good kind.

02-Dec-21
Lunker, yes, I would pick days to hunt before work that I could be later if needed. But yes, did call in sick a couple times, buck fever is a kind of sick, right……

02-Dec-21
Lunker - no malice taken! I’m lucky enough to have the flexibility that I can stay if the situation calls for it. I do worry about screwing up someone else’s hunt by leaving early so I try to ease myself out best I can.

02-Dec-21
Good on you bud. My bud used to have a stand close to some other guy and the guy would always come in late and leave early. My buddy would get so annoyed it became funny. We would joke and say he was afraid of the dark

02-Dec-21
Lunk, when I was working for a living I used to take vacation time in one hour or two or three increments, depending on how long I wanted to sit. I could hunt until 9 or 10. If I killed one I'd just call in.

02-Dec-21
I get that now. I just can't do that. If the system breaks down we break down.

02-Dec-21
I tried that once…then I had to call all my jobs that were scheduled for me that day and tell em why I couldn’t go and do the job…. Not worth it lol

• Sitka Gear