JayD 02-Dec-21
Anglinscreek 02-Dec-21
JayD 02-Dec-21
Jack Whitmrie jr 02-Dec-21
JayD 02-Dec-21
Babysaph 02-Dec-21
Jack Whitmrie jr 02-Dec-21
02-Dec-21
https://wvmetronews.com/2021/12/01/w-va-bowhunters-association-raises-concern-over-crossbow-harvest-figures/

02-Dec-21
Very interesting. I feel if Rusty Reed, president of West Virginia Bowhunters Association, feels we might be killing too many bucks before they rut the logical answer is to lower the buck limit for archery.

Unfortunately, I feel the WVBA only wants the limit lowered or season shortened for crossbows and not their self.

And Rusty Reed does have a point. We do not have the same deer herd as in previous years. I agree we need to look at harvest data and weapon type. However, I firmly feel we need to do it as hunters and not just ask another group of hunters to do it for us.

02-Dec-21
“Unfortunately, I feel the WVBA only wants the limit lowered or season shortened for crossbows and not their self.”

Just trying to clear this up - my take is that you are saying we are killing too many bucks before the rut - no matter the weapon used. So not only crossbow season should be shorten but bow season as well???

02-Dec-21
Jayd,

You really need to be way more conservative on your take of what others are saying. Trying to mold what others say to fit your argument is very unbecoming and routine.

When you read my post, I didn't say a single word about myself wanting the season reduced.

So you can take your rally cry, of Boothe wanting to shorten bow season and put it back in your pocket.

02-Dec-21
I did no such thing - I asked for you to clear up what you were saying there - I told you how I read what you posted and asked for clarity. Get over yourself!

02-Dec-21
The article states the concern from the bowhunters association. I have those same concerns, because the crossbow kill surpassed the archery kill within 3 years. All other forms of equipment that is more efficient has a shorter season. Let's be honest the crossbow is a much more efficient weapon.

02-Dec-21
No beef from me on that Jack. I am glad that it’s a separate season and if the DNR feels it needs to be shorten then they can and it won’t affect archery season. Again I think wv got this right.

02-Dec-21
I don’t think shortening the crossbow season will happen. Those guys would have a fit.

02-Dec-21
The biologist will be the guys who are the determining factor and should be. We just need the data broke out for crossbow and for vertical bow.

• Sitka Gear