WapitiBob 02-Jan-22
jimss 17-Jan-22
7mm08 16-Feb-22
7mm08 16-Feb-22
wyobullshooter 16-Feb-22
wyobullshooter 16-Feb-22
Jordan 29-Aug-22
03-Dec-21
I haven't really gotten a straight answer on what the regs really read. I am purchasing a 2nd home in WY. Will keep our home in Neb. We be dividing my time between both places. Plan on getting a WY drivers license. Does anyone know what all parameters I have to meet to be a full resident of WY?

03-Dec-21

wyobullshooter's Link
This link will tell you what you need to know. Since you’re keeping your home in Nebraska and splitting time between the two states, I’d say you will not be able to claim residency for hunting/fishing purposes. Don’t just take my word for it though, I’d highly recommend calling Wyo G&F and talk to someone in law enforcement.

04-Dec-21
From the link above: "To qualify for any resident game and fish license, preference point, permit or tag, a person shall be domiciled and shall physically reside in Wyoming for one (1) full year (365 consecutive days) immediately preceding the date the person applies for or purchases the license, preference point, permit or tag and the person shall not have claimed residency elsewhere for any other purpose (including, but not limited to, voting, payment of income taxes, purchase of resident hunting, fishing or trapping licenses, etc.) during that one (1) year period."

You need to live here for an entire year before you qualify as a resident.

05-Dec-21
In my opinion according to how the regulation reads, since you will not be living at your wyoming residence full time you will not be able to claim WY residency for hunting and fishing purposes.

05-Dec-21
So after you live in Wyo for a year can you still be a resident if you live part time in Wyo?

06-Dec-21
No jimss, the regs address snow birds and I believe the time limit out of state is 180 days .

Right from the website: What is Domicile? Domicile means: "That place where a person has his true, fixed and permanent home to which, whenever a person is temporarily absent, the person has the intention of returning."

Having a mailing address, owning property or a business, or being employed in Wyoming shall not alone prove Wyoming residency or domicile.

Domicile is established when the person demonstrates that he or she:

• Physically resides in Wyoming • Has abandoned domicile in other states • Has made his or her permanent residence in Wyoming • Is not residing in Wyoming for a special or temporary purpose

06-Dec-21
Sivart, dot the I's and cross the t's because Wyoming will check on your status.

07-Dec-21
My understanding is the perm vs temp thing is 6 months plus 1 day in WY

Lots of people have addresses in other states. Snow birds have to be gone less than 6 months. Many leave for multiple months in winter

14-Dec-21
How do they check on your status?

15-Dec-21
^^^^ I can’t tell you the process they utilize to verify residency, but I can tell you this. I know of a few guys that got stationed here as far back as the early ’80’s that we’re cited because they purchased resident licenses before they met the 90 day requirement. I’d guess they’ve got it down to an art in this day and age. Not only is it a violation of G&F regulations, it’s also a violation of state statutes. They do take it seriously, as well they should.

17-Dec-21
A simple check by your name will turn up lots of info for a GW. And don't be surprised if a resident tipped them off.

17-Dec-21
wytex, I'm guessing that's how quite a few get caught (resident tip off)!!

18-Dec-21
Drivers license...has info as to when you apply for it and if your previous license was in another state.

30-Dec-21
Read how this guy got caught.

https://pinedaleroundup.com/article/utah-man-charged-with-using-resident-game-licenses-for-years

02-Jan-22
Make WY your home, drivers license, taxes, all of it, then spend just under 6 months in Neb and you'll be fine. If you still work in Neb you will need to do so as a non resident. You can't be a resident in 2 states, but you can be a non resident in all 50.

17-Jan-22
I would think if you buy Wyo res hunting licenses you better not buy res hunting licenses also in Nebraska or other states plus Wyo. I'm sure it's fairly easy for the WG&F to check out taxes, hunting/fishing licenses, driver's licenses, cell phone calls and locations, etc. I think in the Pinedale case above the guy could loose his hunting license? If so, he may not be able to hunt in multiple states across the Western US if found guilty. I would certainly make sure you are doing everything right or your plan may back-fire.

I wonder how many nonres will test the system and buy dirt cheap property with a trailer house if 90/10 ever happens in Wyo?

16-Feb-22
Keep in mind it is 2022. Wardens have computers in there vehicles much like police officers. As easy as punching a few keys. And, BTW, it is a year, not six months plus a day.

16-Feb-22
Keep in mind it is 2022. Wardens have computers in there vehicles much like police officers. As easy as punching a few keys. And, BTW, it is a year, not six months plus a day.

16-Feb-22
“And, BTW, it is a year, not six months plus a day.”

Depends on what you’re referring to. To establish residency you must reside here for 365 consecutive days immediately prior to applying for a license and/ or points. Once you have established residency, you can temporarily reside in another state(s) for a maximum of 179 aggregate days as long as you do not claim residency elsewhere. There are a few exceptions.

16-Feb-22
Double post

29-Aug-22
Own real estate and other registered property in WY, register to vote in WY, register your vehicles in WY and license them there, get a WY driver's license, pay utilities in WY, have a job in WY maybe, then wait 365 days and you should be good. WY may have a domicile affidavit you can file. I recall they had one or something like it in FL. Is anyone in WY govt going to know if you physically lived all 365 days in WY? LOL..... Prolly not but the best evidence is your good word plus the aforementioned documentation all at least obtained 365 days prior to seeking any permit or such from WY G&F I suspect.

• Sitka Gear