Corax_latrans 06-Dec-21
Big Dog 07-Dec-21
Garbanzo 07-Dec-21
Big Dog 07-Dec-21
BBB 07-Dec-21
03-Dec-21

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Look at this guy’s stomach. Been like that for a week .

03-Dec-21

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo

03-Dec-21
As my dad used to say, “they’re tougher than a Hemlock knot”

03-Dec-21
WOW! This picture and the one with the buck missing his backstrap on one side are amazing.

03-Dec-21
They are unbelievabley tough.

03-Dec-21
Dang - they are tough animals. Wonder how happen. Jump over fence, poor shot. Etc. hope he makes it -

04-Dec-21
coyotes? Steve, that's an amazing pic.

04-Dec-21
I’m going to guess not coyotes because you would think he would be torn up in a lot more different places if that were the cause.

Could have been gored by another buck or got hung up on a fence post or a snag of some sort, maybe? It looks like the hide was pulled away considerably, so I would think that would probably rule out a low hit with an arrow… Though maybe a slug??

04-Dec-21
Corax, your thought of hung up (barbed wire ?) sounds about right. If the wound was deeper he could have eviscerated.

04-Dec-21
Be a good one to harvest, already pre-gutted.

04-Dec-21
I shot a deer with a muzzleloader and hit it way low right about there and it literally dropped its guts on the ground barely had to gut it.

05-Dec-21
Spike , I've seen deer eviscerate if tracked far enough after a low arrow hit.

05-Dec-21

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
This Deer hung around the house till March. Haven't seen it or don't recognize it because the arrow fell out.

05-Dec-21
That’s one hell of a hickey she’s got there….

And is it just the angle, or is she a tri-pod??

Shouldn’t be that hard to recognize!

06-Dec-21
Dang

06-Dec-21
Some years back I found a fawn with an arrow in the same location, in the last Nehunter picture. The aluminum shaft was snapped two inches behind the broadhead lodged in the spine and the hole which was created in the flesh as the animal moved was at least four inches around, raw and bloody. Probably infection killed it sometime after taking the arrow.

06-Dec-21
If you watch the Callie Cronicles or other tracking dog videos, you'll be amazed at how far a deer can travel with a severe wound. In one such video, Shane recommended asking a tracker how long to wait on a wounded deer, because they have experienced all types of shots and some hunters who push the deer without waiting the proper amount of time. On one video a hunter had a gut shot deer with a bow and he waited 2 hours and began tracking. He pushed that deer over a half mile away and if not for the dog never would have found it.

06-Dec-21

Dr. Williams's embedded Photo
Dr. Williams's embedded Photo

Dr. Williams's Link

06-Dec-21
Next time you visit your local Deer processing place ask to see the "collection" of things they find inside Deer.

Quite impressive collection from my buddy who cuts Suburban Deer. Not to start a debate but almost all are mechanical BH's.

One Buck last week came in with #7 shot in hindquarter, at least 30 pellets 1/8" into meat.

06-Dec-21
Wow, can't believe the arrow picture in the ribs with the bone grown around it.

06-Dec-21
I have some pictures. Of a buck that was shot down in back of the shoulder and the bh was sticking out . I have pictures of the deer for weeks . The arrow slowly moved down and one day now more arrow . It was over 3 weeks. There tough !!!

06-Dec-21
I saw a black bear skeleton - that sucker had either been shot or hit by a car, and there was a knot of bone the size of a racquetball in the middle of its humerus. Didn’t heal straight, but it sure did heal, eventually….. Poor beast.

07-Dec-21
I have so much respect for the animals we hunt. When it's freezing with snow blowing horizontally they are out there enduring what Mother Nature throws at them while we complain about a draft around a window.

07-Dec-21
heard of a case where the arrow was in the deer's skull and had the bone grow into it. The guy who harvested it said the deer acted a bit loopy. A deer biologist determined the depth of penetration and placement of the arrow effectively gave the deer a lobotomy.

07-Dec-21
a strong VP candidate

07-Dec-21

BBB's Link
Big D - you're selling him short. Democrat Presidential candidate all the way.

• Sitka Gear