ARLOW 06-Dec-21
05-Dec-21

sams's embedded Photo
sams's embedded Photo
sams's embedded Photo
sams's embedded Photo
sams's embedded Photo
sams's embedded Photo
I'm still walking on air this morning after a great day yesterday. The day started with my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. She worked her butt off preparing for this day and did an awesome job. Standing in front of a crowd and reading a foreign language written in funny looking letters isn't easy, especially for a generally reserved young women.

After a celebratory brunch with family and friends I asked if she wanted to join me for a quick afternoon hunt. She was excited for the opportunity to join me and we headed to get set up to watch an oak covered hill side on the edge of a marsh.

We were shirt on time and headed out in street clothes. We even played with the puppy on the way out the door. I'm usually a scent control nut, but new we were going to only walk in about 30yards and wind would be good. We were set up by 3:45 and the woods just felt alive. There was also no sign of other hunter being in there recently so I was feeling good about out chances.

About 4:15 I heard them for the first time. We glassed for them and finally spotted them through the oaks at 80yds. They were in a reasonably open spot so I put the scope on the big doe in the lead. They were still working towards us and acting very relaxed, so with the wind stable and in our favor I decided to let them work in closer.

As they came our way I told Leah to plug her ears and wait. When the doe got to 40 yards and stepped clear I stopped her with a quick maahhh. The Omega spoke and she bounded about 40 yards and crashed for good.

My daughter did an awesome job. I managed to forget headlamps in our rush to get out, so she held the cell phone flashlight while I field dressed. She was a huge help on the drag out and I have no problem saying she did half the work. There wasn't even any hesitation about grabbing the deer by the leg and helping muscle it into the truck.

I'm a very proud papa today. This smile might even make it through the whole day Monday.

Sam

05-Dec-21
Mozel Tov!!!! For more than one reason!

Bat Mitzvah prep is no joke! Congratulations to her, that’s a huge accomplishment!

Grats in the deer too! Does are the tastiest!!

05-Dec-21
Oy vay thats awesome. Great young lady. Congrats

05-Dec-21
Congrats!

05-Dec-21
A day you all won't soon forget! Congrats!

05-Dec-21
Now that’s a memory you’ll never forget . Congrats buddy

05-Dec-21
Now that’s a memory you’ll never forget . Congrats buddy

05-Dec-21
Sams, That memory will last forever in each of you. Congratulations all around.

05-Dec-21
Great day!

05-Dec-21
Nice!

05-Dec-21
What a great day and a wonderful memory to enjoy for years to come. Congratulations.

05-Dec-21
Very nice all the way around. Good for you on your deer and God bless your daughter on this important occasion in her life. You are both blessed.

05-Dec-21
Cheers!!!

05-Dec-21
Sams, that's unforgettable : a Bat Mitzvah and a deer in the same day. It's very rare to see pics of a young lady holding a deer and a Torah. Bless you all.

05-Dec-21
What an amazing day. Congratulations to both of you .

05-Dec-21
Awesome. Good job getting her involved. We need the youth!

06-Dec-21
Awesome! Congrats!!!! That is a great day!

06-Dec-21
Great day all around! Congrats!

06-Dec-21
Thank you guys for all the kind words. I don't think either of us will forget this special day.

The funniest thing was when my father found out I shot it with the Omega he responded "muzzle tov".

06-Dec-21
That's awesome ! Way better than my comment !

06-Dec-21
Clever man

06-Dec-21
Awesome job!

• Sitka Gear