BBB 02-Jan-22
Brian M. 02-Jan-22
SILVERADO 02-Jan-22
Peregrine 02-Jan-22
extreme 04-Jan-22
Hunter3 13-Jan-22
Sgt. York 13-Jan-22
07-Dec-21
So we have approx 3 weeks left and the kill reports on this site appear to be light this year. I'm curious how many of us got a deer, so if you were successful post a reply, otherwise just view the results with no post on this thread.

07-Dec-21
I've hunted 1-3 times each week since the end of September, needed a little break. I haven't been out in 2 weeks. That will change today or tomorrow.

I'm retired, where's the fire??

Passed up a half dozen young deer, the same doe with yearlings, twice. Also, a decent 2 1/2 year old 8, that was at 40-42 yards. That is just beyond my comfort zone.

Missed a turkey at 25 yards.

There were only a few days when I didn't see at least one deer.

I consider this to be a successful season.

Warning.. those young deer back in September, aren't so young anymore.. :)

07-Dec-21
I filled some of my tags bow tags . 2 deer.

07-Dec-21

Swamp_Donkey's embedded Photo
Swamp_Donkey's embedded Photo
Now I'm out trying to end the story on this guy... I shot right over him at 15 yards about two weeks ago. He's just now starting to show back up, only nighttime pictures through. Any advice?

07-Dec-21

deer_testicles's embedded Photo
deer_testicles's embedded Photo
Just shot a nice 3.5 yr old buck a few days ago with my bow. Second hunt ever for him and he came cruising in and I smoked him at about 15 yards. Biggest buck yet!

07-Dec-21
Pretty good season. 10 pt 11 pt 153# Doe Newfoundland Moose

07-Dec-21

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
8 pointer on 10/31 and 8 pointer on 11/4 I am a blessed hunter this season.

07-Dec-21
Yes 1 doe archery and a buck - with gun. -

07-Dec-21
2 bow deer so far Congratulations to everyone on their successful seasons so far

07-Dec-21
"I'm curious how many of us got a deer, so if you were successful post a reply, otherwise just view the results with no post on this thread."

WAIT A MINUTE! AREN'T YOU THE GUY THAT POSTED A COUPLE OF MONTHS BACK THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET A DEER TO HAVE A "SUCCESSFUL HUNT"?

By the way, unless I hit a deer with my vehicle, I won't be getting one this year.

07-Dec-21

DeerDan's embedded Photo
DeerDan's embedded Photo
DeerDan's embedded Photo
DeerDan's embedded Photo
It's been one of the best years I've had in a long time. I saw some good bucks and was able to get a couple nice ones. Good luck everyone!

07-Dec-21
One 7 ptr only went 3 times pasted a broken 8 and a spike 2nd day and a skipper the third day . Still have till end of Jan. Waiting for a big one to daylight, his a half hour late .

07-Dec-21
Bill - If stop and think about what this thread is about - "Harvest Numbers"-, (therefore success is defined as "harvesting" a deer and NOT what Bob Maguda thinks success is), then you would know what a successful hunt equates to in this thread. The other thread would be titled "BBB Successful Hunt Count".

07-Dec-21
I was able to get a 6 point and a doe with the bow. The season was another “worst yet” with sightings. I keep wondering how it can get worse…..but each year gets worse. Maybe because I expect to see multiple deer each time out. Maybe I’m crazy. I did pass two does and another 6 point. But otherwise my sightings averaged less than 1 deer per sit this year.

I have to think that gun harvest numbers will crush archery numbers when everything settles after January.

07-Dec-21
Doe with recurve. Doe with longbow. YOY doe with shotgun. Buck with recurve.

07-Dec-21
No deer in Connecticut as of yet. One buck in New York. I hunted more in November than I didn’t.

08-Dec-21
For some reason I have hunted less, shot right under one a couple weeks back. I have yet to shoot one.

08-Dec-21
None in CT, myself and daughter 1 each in NY.

08-Dec-21
Two in freezer. One shot by me and one by my son. Saw more deer than usual early in season. Way less than usual over the past month.

02-Jan-22

SILVERADO's embedded Photo

02-Jan-22

Didn’t get out 25% of what I normally do, between bad weather, lack of interest or other obligations and huge lack of mature deer at my locations. I was however able to connect with one of the oldest bucks, I had on my property this season. A nice 6.5 year old which we had nicknamed Longbrow. Had pics of him for 3 seasons. Not the largest rack buck that I have taken, but it feels good to know that I took a mature warrior off my property. I passed several youngsters that had a larger rack, just hope they make it until next season. upon butchering of Longbrow, it showed that He had been shot this year in the front shoulder(puss still oozing) and once in the back hind quarter (an old healed over wound) he also had a broken back foot , that had healed. He was truly a deer to be admired no matter what his rack size. I’m glad that I will be able to display this warrior on my wall.

02-Jan-22

02-Jan-22

Here is a picture of him in 2018. Notice his rack only increased and changed very slightly in 3 years.

02-Jan-22
I was so happy when you took him. He’s a nice one. You’ve shown great discipline and QDM on passing up so many bucks. Congrats!!

02-Jan-22
Thank you Tall 1, appreciate that.

02-Jan-22
Silver - what a great buck and kudos on waiting him out, very hard to do. When did you get him and what's the story? It's interesting that he was hit before, just shows how hard it was to get him.

02-Jan-22
Nice. Was he shot by bow or gun? The old wound I mean. Hope his flesh isn't as tough as his will to live.

02-Jan-22
Brian and BBB all bow wounds. I got him 12/23 afternoon hunt

02-Jan-22
One doe harvested with the bow in NY.

I was barely able to hunt all season except for the past two weeks, during which I hunted almost every day.

I saw a ton of deer but almost never within range with two exceptions.

One doe and one small buck (between a spike and a fork) came within range, but both spotted me. The buck caught my draw when he was 10 yards broadside. If he had hesitated for a few more seconds before bolting I would have him in the freezer right now.

I realized that you have to be both lucky and skilled. This season I didn't have a lot of luck on my side and had to rely on skill.

Next season I will go into it expecting only my skill to bring home a deer.

I still have a month but the season is over for my best hunting spots.

04-Jan-22
I spent 42 days in the woods and some of those days both morning and afternoon. I had three opportunities and took two Nice bucks. I saw deer probably 25% of the time. Overall a great year.

13-Jan-22
This year's personal harvest was down compared to previous years, 1 doe. The focus was on larger bucks. Majority of the buck activity was nocturnal, but I did have a couple of opportunities but they were out of my comfort range. It was a challenging year but a success.

13-Jan-22
1 mature doe in CT, 120# on the hook. One with the gun in NC.

• Sitka Gear