Proline 08-Dec-21
Will 09-Dec-21
Jimbo 09-Dec-21
07-Dec-21

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Sister in law in a St Paul MN suburb sent me a pic of the buck that walked through the marsh behind her house... wonder if the neighbors are cool with hunting? Ha ha ha!

07-Dec-21
Will she let me hunt it ;)

08-Dec-21
beauty.. always the way it goes...

08-Dec-21
Damn Will that's a good looking sister n law lol

08-Dec-21
These damn things are all over the place in our town. Its awful. Worse than squirrels. The kids carved pumpkins for halloween. They were eaten the first night. To add insult to injury, the deer also took a crap in the yard. Almost backed into one the other morning getting out of the driveway. We had six bucks that formed a gang a month ago. They hung around town screwing with the traffic. I have a large grill guard on order for the Sequoia . The only question I have for you guys is........... should I screw a dozen expandables or fixed blades on the grill guard? Which is better?

08-Dec-21
Peter, my Grandfather had a Farm in Luck WI. It's where he "taught me to hunt". He had me come out to the deck with him one morning, open up a Tab (soda), and wait for legal hunting light. He then pointed out across the corner of a bean field to a Brontosaurus with Antlers (about 150 yds out), shot it with his .308 and then told me to "get the tractor". ....thanks for the lesson Gramps.

Anyhow, he stopped "hunting" because he noticed he was getting way more with the car every year (he had a large 1970 something avocado green Cadillac 4 door...it was a monster).

08-Dec-21
Also, why does there appear to be so many giants elsewhere? Is it just because of farmland? Because we can shoot spikes?

08-Dec-21
Sosso - based on the online submissions in a few MA oriented hunting groups on "facebook", this is a banner year. Honestly dont ever remember this many big deer being shot, it's astonishing.

Pete... Plenty of energy for mechanicals on the front of a Sequoia. But, to be save, consider just putting a corn or wheat harvester on there - leave NO doubt...

You guys make me think of my the late uncle of my wife. He lived on the farm of his life long care taker (he was a priest). She still lives there - we visit every year. It's over a thousand acres of corn, soybeans, timber and rolling terrain in west central MN. He'd ask if I got a deer. I'd say yes, I got one. And he always thought I sucked at hunting (may or may not be true), as he'd just follow it up with: "there are so many, you should just rifle hunt. I just sit on the deck opening morning and am all done by 9."

Those midwesterners (and apparently mountain state folks) just have no idea how good they have it... (sorry Pete, you're a new transplant, so you dont count in my "census")

08-Dec-21
That right Will lot of deer out there. But sittin on ur deck ain’t huntin :-)

09-Dec-21
It would feel weird Pro. I used to hunt an area in CT that was almost like that. One stand, you would be about level with a house's kitchen window, and you could watch the people eating breakfast, while waiting on deer to come through. It was weird. Fun to see so many deer though, and full of unique challenges.

09-Dec-21
I like the hunting shows in the midwest where they go into a heated elevated ground blind on the edge of a field and sit in recliners waiting to flip up a window and shoot a buck. Something tells me there aren't many "saddle" debates in those blinds. ;o)

• Sitka Gear