Lunker 13-Dec-21
Will 15-Dec-21
Huntskifishcook 15-Dec-21
Will 15-Dec-21
Jebediah 15-Dec-21
Jebediah 15-Dec-21
Will 15-Dec-21
07-Dec-21
Found a potentially great tree step. It’s a company called “hangn30,” worth checking it out. I have no affiliation.

13-Dec-21

Jebediah's embedded Photo
Jebediah's embedded Photo
Ok, they arrived, and I think they could be the solution. Just from yard-testing, they seem to handle side-pressure pretty well. I think this is because 1) the slot for the strap is out maybe 3/4 inch from the tree (pulling the step into the tree), and 2) the bottom of each step is flared out (maybe a couple inches wider than the top). Time will tell how they do out in the woods, but I’m pretty optimistic.

13-Dec-21
Are they ceramic?

13-Dec-21
Kydex

13-Dec-21
That straps gotta go

13-Dec-21
Hold up, Jeb, they are essentially a plastic like material? Light and all... but with my weight on it, that sorta wig's me out a bit. Do they seem flexy or anything? Really curious how they hold up for you.

13-Dec-21
Has a certain amount of flex to it, but seems fairly sturdy. Kydex is pretty tough. I think this material is 1/4 inch think. Maybe a hair less.

13-Dec-21
Will. You don't get wigged out driving your Subaru. That's all plastic. I know I know just kidding safe car and all that. It was funnier in my head. Ya know will with his berkinstiens and wool Sox with Sandler driving his Subaru. With a kilt ! I'm sorry

13-Dec-21
Oops I meant to hit deleete

15-Dec-21
Lunk, thats hilarious.... but I USED to have a Subaru, loved it too. Ive had a Tacoma since 2010. So now I use that to hide my Birkenstock with alpaca sock wearing reality from other hunters...

Bahhhh! Ha ha ha!

15-Dec-21
Lunk, I love my Subaru! Great gas mileage and killer in the snow. I've really pushed the limits on back roads during snowstorms to see when it loses control, and I couldn't get it to a point where control was totally lost.

Also, I've been using bullman steps, which are plastic, on an OCB buckle for a few years and it has worked great.

15-Dec-21
Sorry Jeb, derailment coming: HSFC - Sub's are insanely good in the snow. Easily the best driving rig I've driven in the snow for sure. The crazy part was some of the "roads" err... trails... that I drove it a few times. Probably not what they were intended for, but did amazingly well.

15-Dec-21
Ha that’s ok. I pioneered the derailment technique on here.

15-Dec-21
Well, the first woods-test for these steps is ongoing. They have already beat every other strap-step I’ve tried, hands down. The question remaining is whether they’ll match my screw-in steps, and become a permanent part of the system. Time will tell.

15-Dec-21
Very cool Jeb. Lighter than a normal ring too, good to hear.

• Sitka Gear