Contributors to this thread:
Stonegirl 20-Dec-21
Stonegirl 20-Dec-21
Stonegirl 24-Dec-21
Jegs.mi 26-Dec-21
Stonegirl 27-Dec-21
Jegs.mi 27-Dec-21
20-Dec-21
Im seeing significant less Does in my unit on public and private land. I think the unrestricted licenses in my unit along with late antlerless firearm was too much Doe conservation. Next season or few after might be action-less. DNR should've not had Late Antlerless Firearm.

20-Dec-21
I should add that it has sounded like a war zone from October to late December. I'm pretty sure a lot of private land owners capitalized on doe harvests. People are constantly target practicing or driving game, or both. I'm just not seeing hardly any does left. Been one small deer thats just old enough to have lost its spots. Its keeps hanging next to the road every week. I remember hearing from a deer breeder speak, that does carry on those big antler genes. Food is crucial, but doe management shouldn't be over done.

24-Dec-21
I finally saw more than three does in my area yesterday. At least seven. I sped up after I slowed down for a couple and about four other ones ran out in front of me. Not sure if my eight point is still around. Guess I'll try to take a doe. Maybe get my first buck next season.

26-Dec-21
I have seen good numbers in the units I hunt. But the increased pressure has alot of them moving at night. I keep one spot to one hunt a week to have a go to. Good luck nice weather for late archery.

27-Dec-21
Yes, been seeing them on private. I was worried for a bit. There was a lot of firepower around me for several weeks before firearm opener. I'm sure they are baiting all year too. But the deer need public for Michigan winter coverage.

27-Dec-21
They are pretty good at getting by. Were you able to get your deer this year?

• Sitka Gear