MjF 28-Apr-22
Hoot 29-Apr-22
Beerbobber31 29-Apr-22
>>>--arrow1--> 02-May-22
Novembermadman 28-May-22
Novembermadman 28-May-22
Novembermadman 28-May-22
21-Dec-21
The area I hunt in SE MN is thick with coyotes. Years ago, I killed one while sneaking through a cornfield on Fort Campbell, KY. Other than that experience, I have no understanding of how to purposely hunt for coyotes. If anyone is willing to share some of their secrets of how to thin them out a bit - I am all ears.

21-Dec-21
We do large groups and dogs if needed. Our goal is to kill as many as possible. For the lone hunter calling seems to be it. Trapping if you know how. Plenty of guys on here to help you out. Ruger does calling quite a bit. I'm sure he will chime in on this. Some guys here are hunting them at night with special scopes.

22-Dec-21
Buy a thermal and an Icotec caller..... you will never hunt at night again with a spotlight. It's getting close to that time of year to do some serious predator eradication. They will be out looking for a mate shortly and acting stupid. Easier to kill then ever....if you see one there's a very good chance there will be another nearby. If you have the time, running a trap line or snares is a great way to take some of them out.

22-Dec-21

Live2Hunt's embedded Photo
Live2Hunt's embedded Photo
Trapping is the only way to do damage to the yote population. My good friend has 40 from this past November.

22-Dec-21
Live2Hunt - that is a remarkable picture. A couple of years ago, my brother shot a deer that the coyotes started eating within the hour wait time after the shot.

22-Dec-21
They kill alot of fawns. Some estimates in Iowa Michigan and Wisconsin they say up to 40-60 percent the first few weeks after they are born

22-Dec-21
Could anyone enlighten me on identifying coyotes vs wolves based on the sounds they make at night? This is just out of pure curiosity. I often hear canine sounds at night and I know there are both wolves and coyotes in the area, but don't know which animals make which sounds as a group. I tried listening to some youtube videos but am still confused

22-Dec-21
Heard both tonite as I walked through the big timber along a Marsh. How to describe it !!

The Coyote howls sound like they are in a hurry & are a little higher pitch.

The Wolves are a deeper, longer ,Mournfull cry . At least that's the way I hear it .

When Wolves Howl i get the willies .

22-Dec-21
Thanks, Ruger. I'll keep those descriptions in mind the next time I hear them. I always ty to record the noises on my phone but it is not good at picking up noises that are off in the distance!

22-Dec-21
Trapped 5 so far on a 15 acre piece and 10 on a 40 acre property.

22-Dec-21
GoJakesGo - great job getting it done. Trapping is not something I considered before but I will going forward.

23-Dec-21
Do it all RD.... traps, snares, shooting them. Kill every damn one of them!

23-Dec-21
Ten on a 40 wow. Good going.

23-Dec-21
Ruger, I don't care how "tough" someone claims to be. A deep wolf howl when you are in the big woods by yourself can send tingles up your spine. Especially if it's close and nearing dark.

23-Dec-21
A wolf howl definitely "goes through you!" The closer it is, the more through you it goes.

23-Dec-21
It will certainly make you leave your stand before dark. I never thought I would carry a side arm or have too but it has come to that.

23-Dec-21
You're not just helping the land you hunt, you're helping the area. The deep snowfall we got earlier helped a lot! The 40 acres we trap has a pipeline going across it. It's a natural walking pass for them and they'll follow it for miles. Pipelines, Xmas tree plantations, nurseries, farmers who leave a few rows of crop for wind breaks, and large raspberry/blueberry growers are target properties to ask permission. These are usually good spots for grouse, mice and rabbits and deer and not simply deer hunting properties. When it snows, simply drive the utv down the pipeline or tree row and yotes will walk the tire tracks same as they do any deer runway. Hay bale in the center of a snow covered field works good as well. Drive the edge of the field, then make. "x" in the field by driving from corner-corner. Drop a straw/hay bale on the "x" and set cable restraints in the tire tracks 50' from the bale.

23-Dec-21
If you have a deer down and wait to look for it and the Wolves find it first your gonna have problems. Like a few others on here did

23-Dec-21
We were gonna Coyote hunt this Sunday but we would have to wear orange. That would give the yotes plenty to see and wouldn't probably work. Also concerned about pushing deer to doe hunters in the area. We will wait. Need snow bad

23-Dec-21
I had them cut loose by me one night in Clark Cnt Forest. Had a doe out in front of me at the time, she did not like it. Yes, totally different sound than the yipping of Yotes.

23-Dec-21
I had them cut loose by me one night in Clark Cnt Forest. Had a doe out in front of me at the time, she did not like it. Yes, totally different sound than the yipping of Yotes.

23-Dec-21
I've heard putting old Christmas trees out in a field like that will attract them also Jakes..... they can't resist marking the spot by peeing on the tree and that's a great place to set your traps. I hadn't heard of setting snares in the tire tracks and I'm going to have to try that. I've made temporary trails in deep snow through the woods before and they have taken those over. That works like a charm for snaring coyotes.

24-Dec-21
When setting restraints on tire tracks in the snow or dirt, create a change over route for them by putting an obstruction in one of the tracks they need to walk around. Hardest part for me is getting my not so slim body out of the truck or UTV and staying inside the tire track so I don't tip them off.

03-Jan-22
There are 5 fewer Coyotes in Columbia county as of today. We 11 of us hunted Sat and Sun all day. Tough to find any fresh track. Layer of ice in most places. So we put the dogs in a ATV path. When they hit a fresh track it was on. Should have killed several more but having to wear orange didn't help. We did get a assist from a Dodge Ram. Last time that one will cross that road. In one place we got three they were running together. It's a start.

03-Jan-22
You want to get serious on yotes, cable set ups,,,, the rest is good, but more recreational, not for production

04-Jan-22

Novembermadman 's embedded Photo
Good job Trickle.... take em out any way you can. This one took a .22-250 round right in the mouth!

08-Jan-22
So my buddy called me and shared a video of his 9 year old son calling in Turkey's. The kid watches so many videos and has gotten good at the calling.

He now want his pop to take him yote hunting. Is there a "yotes for dummies" video that they can watch and possibly be successful emulating the video?

09-Jan-22
18 of us yesterday all day hunt with dogs. 2 Coyotes. 11 this Morning hunted till 10 disbanded then until next weekend. Nothing today but I think we saw a Wolf. The dogs refused to track it which most hounds won't run Wolves unless specifically trained to do so. They according to the Owner are fearful of them unless brought up to do so or are coaxed into trailing then. These hounds are used for Coyote only. I saw one tuck it's tail and pull off the track. I caught a glimpse of it moving thru a Tamarack edge the way it loped was different than a Coyote. Columbia, Sauk county line.

11-Jan-22

Wasn't shot by me but by a guy I know south of LaCrosse. Beautiful coyote.....

11-Jan-22
That sure is a pretty coyote!

11-Jan-22
Nice coyote November.

30-Jan-22

One less family of coyote pups to worry about after last night...... good sized female takes a snow nap!

30-Jan-22
Kill em all!

30-Jan-22
Wife and I went for quick snowshoe hike this evening. Found dead wolf along the logging road. Should have checked to see if it was male, but suspect fighting over female given time of year. Could have been the weather though, couple mornings were getting pretty close to -30 last week. Not the first dead one I have seen but first intact one.

30-Jan-22
Caught the Sunrise this morning . Calling Yotes in the morning is luck of the draw . If the Yote didn't eat that nite , he's coming in . It's the only time I use a Rabbit call . A young one raced in & I whacked him .

When I got back to the Jeep I was having coffee when a guy stopped to b s & look at the Yote. He wanted one for his sons room . I showed him How to Tube it , slid it on one of my boards & gave it to him . Gave him 2 Calls & a few lessons .

He's meeting me with his son Tues nite for a short hunt. He's a Newbe to hunting . He has no rifle , he's bringing a shotgun . I'll give him a few 00 Buck rounds .

We need to recruit as many hunters as we can .

31-Jan-22
What calls are working for you now? I have yotes on all my trailcams at night and lately even during the day but they won't respond to rabbit squeels or to male/female coyote and yips.

31-Jan-22
I'm in the same boat Milwroad. The one I shot the other night was coming to some cow carcasses my neighbor had in his field after butchering so no call used. It's been hit or miss with calling lately. I have had some luck with one of the calls on my Icotec called "jack knife".

31-Jan-22
I was XC skiing today eastern SawyerCo. The ski trail had bloody piss here and there. I guess that means it's breeding time.

01-Feb-22
Millwood, The 1st 2 weeks of Feb I use the Challenge call . Your basicly telling the Yotes your there to screw their women & take over the pack . Hit it just right & the whole pack comes in .

End of Feb I use the distressed Deer call . Food can br hard to come by in late winter . A big meal sounds pretty good to them .

NOTE : I have called in 6 Wolves over the years . I think , sometimes they are hard to tell . 1 came in to an Injured Fawn call , the other 5 came into the challenge call . Be carefull.

01-Feb-22
Thanks, I'll try that.

03-Feb-22

Quickdraw's embedded Photo
My buddies and I killed 5 last weekend. We called in 10 total. Lots of shooting. What a riot.

03-Feb-22

03-Feb-22

03-Feb-22

03-Feb-22
Thanks for posting pictures, looks like a fun time. Wish more would post on there so called kills.

03-Feb-22
Great job Quickdraw.... keep hammering the coyotes!

03-Feb-22
MJF , there is a bunch of us on this site that don't post certain kill pictures on any sites at all . The anti's take our kill pictures & use them on their anti hunting material campaigns .

I'll post Deer pics , the average person in this state has hit a deer with the vehicle, had their garden eaten to pieces & their flowers munched up . The lady down the street with a huge for profit garden has asked me to hunt off her back deck . Kill them all she says . Their not a problem .

Show them a dead Coyote picture & it reminds them of their favorite dog . It's a touching subject for a lot of people . Only 1 person in the neighborhood knows I hunt Yotes . My trapper buddy quietly traps & ships his pelts to a good overseas buyer .

Times are changing . 2 years ago I shot 2 geese on our river . Took pictures & posted them on our neighborhood internet site . Caught hell from several neighbors .Comments like " why would you kill an animal that's smart enough to Mate for life ? " OK .

Times are changing & we need to adjust . If you would like a few pics I'll send them to you .

03-Feb-22
What is the preferred rifle, gun, etc. for Yotes. Haven't gone after them in 25 years and can't remember what I used then. What is the smallest caliber that can be used as well? Thanks

03-Feb-22
Good job! Keep putting them down.

03-Feb-22

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Library, when pelts were worth $ 130 we used 22 magnums or reduced loads in a .243 . Now I use .223 or 22-250 . Now that prices are way down I tell some of my customers to use their Deer rifles . They don't get enough practice with them .

03-Feb-22
Slowly hunters are giving in to the antis. Post a picture of a dead deer but not a coyote, that doesn’t make sense to me.

03-Feb-22
When it comes to hunting I refuse to tip toe through the tulips just because someone’s feelings might get butt hurt.

03-Feb-22
I believe this quote was from Tim Wells -----No picture of hunting is going to win non hunters over. Nor am I looking to.

03-Feb-22
So Ruger..... You won't post hunting pics on a hunting forum but you post dead goose pics on a non hunting social media? Let's go Brandon!

03-Feb-22
The Geese were 2 years ago . Times are changing . I'm just throwing stuff out there for discussion. Just my opinion. I have seen how people have judged hunters for the last 60 years . It's getting a little worse every decade . Just my opinion.

03-Feb-22
I have been hunting coyotes for years. I was serious as hell for a few years. Trapping everyday all winter long. I will say this.. It is far easier to obtain permission to kill coyotes vs kill deer from a person that does not hunt. Posting dead pictures of coyotes is not that big of a deal. City folks understand coyotes but kill a wolf and everyone in the non hunting community loses their minds. I have permission to hunt a solid 100 private parcels for coyotes. Only 2 of those parcels allow me to hunt whitetails. Thats something to think about.

04-Feb-22
To each there own... Makes no sense to me to try and appease them in any way.

04-Feb-22
The biggest thing to avoid is the blood. Nothing worse that a photo of a deer with it's bloody tongue hanging out and bloody body wounds. Same with Coyotes or anything. Avoid bloody snow too. Don't mean this to side with any anti hunting sentiment etc. it is just not a good look. Being a hunter myself I don't like that look either. Disrespectful of the quarry maybe?

04-Feb-22
Even if there’s some blood in a photo there’s ways you can clean it up (photo shop) before you post it. Years ago before hunters caved in to posting dead animal pictures people in general were accustomed to seeing pictures on a regular basis, it was no big deal, but now because of hunters giving up and a extremely well thought out anti plan that’s working, we are slowly consistently loosing the battle.

04-Feb-22
We live in a world where people are offended by syrup bottles, sports teams, designated bathrooms, and gender. It's time to stop trying to passify all the loons.....

05-Feb-22
Amen retro.

16-Feb-22
The Coyote death count stands at 33 as of today the 16th. That is still below the last few years. Still going at it strong. Wonder how many fawns won't be on the menu. Hoping we can hit our pre season goal of 75. Sauk and Columbia counties.

16-Feb-22

This came in this morning to my injured Deer call . At 1st I thought it was a wolf . Walked around smelling the Deer tracks. Got very close but I decided not to shoot . Tall & lanky about 6 1/2 feet nose to tail.

I know guys say you can shoot the mixed breeds but I'm 300 yards from a farm . Don't want to shoot a pet .

16-Feb-22
Trickle rut…. Have you ever hunted big woods coyotes? As in thousands of acres of forest, if so is there a difference.

16-Feb-22
No mjf we do not. We should and have talked about it some. We concentrate mostly in the nearby areas that we bowhunt. I can't think of the last time a landowner denied us permission. Even a lady who works for the state allowed us on her 60 to go thru. We have so much land and so many Coyotes nobody really wants to go north get a room etc when it's right in front of us.

16-Feb-22
Good thought there Ruger, that may not have ended well.

16-Feb-22
Ruger, Thats not a mixed breed. Its a domestic dog! What on earth would ever give you the idea its a mixed breed? Beyond silly....

16-Feb-22
Good call Ruger. Appears to be a dog. Prob from that farm. Might wanna inform them if it is their dog that running loose it could get in trouble not a good idea especially if Wolves are around.

16-Feb-22

Better safe then sorry Ruger, you did the right thing. Problem I have using a thermal is a dog and a coyote don't look all that different. If I have ANY doubt at all I don't shoot. Neighbor has a husky and the only way you can tell the difference is that thing keeps its tail upward and curved all the time. He's gotten better at putting it on a leash when I hunt around there. This is the result from tonight. Young male and a miss on another one. I can't figure out what my problem is...I can flatten a coyote at 200+yds with my setup and flat out miss at 60!!!!!

17-Feb-22
Don't feel bad November. A few days ago I shot 5 times at a running Coyote with a 12 gauge Magnum #4 buck in a open field no less. I did blow up the snow behind it quite well and was witnessed by a fellow hunter which I won't live down for awhile. How far you ask? 30 yards to start and 60 to finish. Yes it was hauling and each shot the faster it went. We did get it as it ran into the lap of a poster head on so all isn't lost. Not one of my best markmenship days.

17-Feb-22
Ps. I think i may leave the auto loader home and go back to the 870 pump. Little less shooting and more aiming and follow thru

17-Feb-22
That so called mix breed sleeps on someone's couch every night lol

17-Feb-22
Hitting a running coyote is no easy task Trickle..... I don't care if you are using a shotgun or a rifle. I can't even use that as my excuse, at least not on my first shot. Standing broadside at about 60 yds but slightly downhill. I'm going to look at the video of the whole incident and see what happened. My guess is I shot over him again bc of the downhill angle. I did a really good job of cussing myself out all the way back to the truck!!!

17-Feb-22
Talked to the Dnr & they said there's a few mixed breeds out there . Anything can happen when loves in the air . He also mentioned that several dog breeders offer 1/2 wolf -1/2 Germain shepherds for sale .

The pic I took doesn't show the face that had a long pointed nose & silver eyes that made me wonder if it was a Wolf .

A Canadian guide said it could be an old male that's losing weight & was kicked out of the pack .

17-Feb-22
They can still sell and breed Wolf Hybrids? Wowza. Better let homeowners insurance know that lol...

17-Feb-22

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
IMO - Looks to be a german shepherd. Looks like he may have a callus that dogs get from laying on hard surface, something I've never seen on a wolf or coyote.

17-Feb-22
Looks like he was wagging his tail lol

18-Feb-22
WTH really? I guess I thought the picture of the pet dog with the idea that a hunter considered shooting it with the idea that it might be a wolf hybrid was a joke. It now seems like it's not a joke? So let me get this straight, a guy does not post pictures of dead animals with blood due to being worried about what the anti's might think, but posting pics of a dog that a hunter thought about shooting as a wolf hybrid wont bother the anti's? There should be no doubt why the anti's are slowly taking over, and why many people think that some people really shouldn't be allowed to own guns or be allowed to hunt. Even though the dnr apparently said there are some wolf hybrids out there, I'm highly guessing they didn't see that pic because that is clearly someone's dog and I can't imagine they wouldn't have made that very clear. It's probably good more people don't read the Wisconsin forum.

18-Feb-22
Apparently wolves are out there putting the moves on all domestic dogs. Anybody know of someone who's dog has been knocked up by a wolf?

18-Feb-22
Again you had to see it's head to understand why I even posted this . I knew I was going to catch some flack for that post from the same 2 or 3 guys as usual .

6 years ago a trucker on hwy 51 in Lincoln city had a Wolf pack run across the road at 5 AM . He hit one & kept going . A local businessman behind him stopped & threw it in his truck . A warden came to his business , looked at it & said he would take it to a regional office . 2 days later they called & told him it was 1/2 wolf & 1/2 St Bernard. The warden said tho not common Mutt / Wolves are out there .

I know the guy I'll call him today & see if he still has a picture he can send me .

18-Feb-22
Interesting, I’ve heard rumors of this before, I will contact my wolf biologist friend this evening and see what he has to say.

18-Feb-22
So I take it the St Bernard was the male

18-Feb-22
Genetically speaking science wise all domestic dogs share 98.06 percent Wolf genes. It is that small 1.94 percent genetic difference that seperates a chiwauwa from a great Dane. New genetic tests also reveal that decedent dogs from Wolves actually accured from Euro- Asiatic Wolves not North American wild canids. This is new studies from the relatively new genetic available science since the advent of DNA miocindrial testing. So your lap dog and the Wolf are extremely close in DNA

18-Feb-22
This explains why dogs and or Wolves and Coyotes can breed worldwide and produce viable offspring whereas horses and Donkeys can breed and produce offspring which are Mules but are not viable. Mules cannot produce viable offspring (sterile) sharing no miocindrial DNA.

18-Feb-22
Contacted the guy , he had pictures & will text me some when he gets back from AZ .

18-Feb-22
So his response was when asked if he personally knew any wolves to breed with dogs. His response “Not personally, but it does happen, based on genetics”. He also added "All wolves in the region have dog genes, about 10% if I remember correctly. Clearly, there has been wolf/dog breeding, but I don't think anyone has documented it in the state recently.

18-Feb-22
In eastern Canada and eastern US they have what they call coy wolves. Part coyote part wolf. They explain it by saying the Wolf population got so low they bred with Coyotes. Google Coywolf

18-Feb-22
So are the Coy wolves legal to kill or are they protected?

19-Feb-22
MjF - I was wondering the same thing and also how many wolves are purebred that only a DNA test would tell.

19-Feb-22
As far I can tell yes Coywolves can be hunted in the eastern states. It's fuzzy in alot of areas though. In Canada they have Wolf/Coyote tags in eastern provinces. It appears that that designation is for Wolf and Coyote tags including Coywolf. All that is needed is a small game license and tags. Center-fire rifles and shotguns with a solid ball and shot not smaller than #2 allowed

20-Feb-22
We got 4 more.

20-Feb-22

Keep shooting fellas.... another female taken out of my area tonight.

21-Feb-22

Little buggers are tough if you don't hit them right! While I can't confirm it, I am pretty sure this is one I hit last spring in that area.

21-Feb-22
And how do you rotate pics on this dang site?

21-Feb-22
Novembermadman, Look in your post at the green bar. It says "Image Tools". Select that and there will be some tools saying rotate.

21-Feb-22

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo

21-Feb-22
Smokey, I have tried that with mine and it still wont work, I gave up.

21-Feb-22
What source are you guy using for photos that give you trouble? Memory card, phone transfer, screen capture?

21-Feb-22
I-Phone. I used to be able to adjust with the edit image thingy, but it does nothing now.

21-Feb-22
I'm using an IPhone as well and transferring pics.. When I click on the green bar to edit I don't even get the "image tools" menu to pop up. Gives me the option to edit the text or add additional photos on my phone and nothing else.

22-Feb-22
How are you holding your phone when taking the photos? Horizontal or Vertical? Maybe try to transfer from phone to computer then edit in computer to change photo before sending it to Bowsite.

27-Feb-22
We the group are up to 44 Coyotes as of today. Yesterday we got one full of mange. No hair from the tail to the middle of the rib cage. Left it lay right there. Hopefully they spread it around and it finds the Wolves too.

15-Mar-22
With spring here the cranes and geese, ducks etc moving north snow gone we have ended our Coyote pursuit. We had a goal of 75 which wasn't out of possibility and did take 56. If myself and a few other guys could hit what we shoot at I think the count would have hit 75 but hey we tried. Two we left lay with mange didn't even get within five feet. The vet told me how deadly and contagious it is and we hope the dogs didn't contract it or we dragged it home on our boots to our pets. I sure would have liked to take it up to Bayfield for their cousins but some pets may also have gotten it. Hoping it spreads naturally North. All in all a good year. Saw very few fox. Some Wolves in Sauk county. Not as much deer sign but in the cattails there was alot of beds and trails used to go to crop fields. Saw 5-6 trail cameras and one guy Mooned one for the cross gun wounding (3) hunter that he knows hunts that. That's 56 fawn eaters and pup makers gone. So not bad.

16-Mar-22
Yes, you saved a ton of fawns for sure...good job! I've been out but haven't had very good luck. I'll admit my ignorance on ballistics up front because I'm NOT a gun guy (only have a rifle for coyote hunting). I decided to switch it up with my gun and go with 75gr hollowpoint bullets. With the twist in my barrel the heavier bullets were tumbling through the air and hitting the target sideways and sometimes missing the entire target at 100 yds. Needless to say I'm back to the 50gr VMax bullets and dialed in. I had no idea the bullet weight combined with barrel twist would do that to a bullet. There, now the rest of you can learn from my mistake, make sure the bullet is setup for your barrel. You are welcome!!

16-Mar-22
Trickle congrats on killing those coyotes. I use to hunt them, but with three kids I just didn't have the time to do it efficiently, however I've trapped a few when I lived in Northern Wl.

16-Mar-22
Tough year for me , stuck at 5 six weeks ago because of snow issues , Deep & multi layers . But it melting & compacting plus I can use the snowmobile trails now that thew are shut down.

The factories put a twist in the barrel that is user friendly to a certain wt & speed of the bullet. Example. 22-250 52 grain . .223 55 gr . 270 130 gr , 280 140 gr , & so forth . To go higher or lower on wt will impact performance at longer ranges .

The younger grandkids us AR's for Deer gun season with 70 grain expansion bullets in stead of the 55 gr fmj's but I limit them to 75 yards & it works just fine .

17-Mar-22
I don't have ballistic excuses with a 12 gauge mag and buckshot. We don't use rifles. Too many people and alot of times would have to hold off shooting toward a road etc. Our rules are no buck over #2, pick up all casings and no littering. If you litter your out. Found out this year to make sure to check any road culverts before leaving a area. They hide in those so keep that in mind.

17-Mar-22
Good job Trickle, ,,,,,,,,,,, I helped my friend on his trap line, 17 total............... time for beaver and otter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I went on some dog hunts, but mostly just handeled the radio and truck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I love them dogs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, All our guys shoot shotguns......................................

17-Mar-22
My 16" .223/5.56 with a 1:7 will not shoot 55gr. smaller than 8" groups at 50 yds. So far 75gr. - 77gr. have me at about 1.25" at 100 yds. I think the faster twist was tearing the jackets apart on the 55 gr.

17-Mar-22
Helgermite , what brand gun ?

29-Mar-22

#5, #6 and #7 for the year!

29-Mar-22
Just watched Tim Wells last night shooting them from his bedroom window with a 30 cal pellet gun at night. He has quite the setup and things he does.

29-Mar-22
Trickle

I know a hound hunter that has a pair of Jack Russell Terrier's that he uses for getting coyotes out of culverts. They’re like little buzz saws and the yote doesn’t waste much time getting out of the culvert.

30-Mar-22
The tenacity and fearlessness of a Rat, Jack Russel, or Cairn Terrier is astounding.

30-Mar-22
Trickle, I second to what you said about Jack Russels. My friend had one that climbed a huge oak and killed a small raccoon at his home.

06-Apr-22
Novembermadman still out there getting it done absolutely awesome and great pic! Keep up the good work!

06-Apr-22
I shot a raccoon this pm, on my property.... I kill them like mice..... all ground nest stealers should be cut down, coons, skunks, possums...... so why do we have a raccoon question, on the WCC issue,,,, you should be able to kill them year round, anywhere

Why are bobcats a big deal here, where in MI, you can get 2 tags to trap, as a resident a year?

10-Apr-22

Here is something every coyote hunter absolutely has to have. I have called in so many coyotes with just this simple Prinos mouse squeaker.

10-Apr-22

#8 and #9

10-Apr-22

#10 and #11. Went out with a buddy of mine last night and just getting home at 6AM now. He shot 3 others so 7 was our total tonight. 6 of the 7 were shot within about 500 yards of each other. That landowner will be ecstatic with that news!!

10-Apr-22
Randy, that is a nice gun setup right there.

10-Apr-22
AR in 22-250 caliber shooting 50 Gr VMax bullets topped out with a Pulsar XP 38 Trail thermal scope and suppressed. I know one of those dogs was in the 300 yd range and it dropped him like he'd been hit by a semi. My buddy is shooting same caliber but isn't suppressed...my ears are still ringing from his gun barking next to me......

11-Apr-22
I have to laugh every time I see a mouse squeaker. I was hunting yotes one night, got in, set up, waited for things to calm down. I first pulled out the mouse squeaker and hit it a few times. Then????? the gizmo that makes the squeak sound popped out of the end of it, LOL. No more squeaker that hunt!! BTW, great job on the yotes, what is your best call?

11-Apr-22
Great point NOV , the Squeaker is critical. In fact if conditions are proper I start my calling with the Squeaker if I think there's a Yote close to me . When I switch to a bigger call I put the Squeaker under my boot so I can stop the dog without moving.

11-Apr-22
The squeaker is awesome!! The other night I was calling to two yotes about 400yds away in a field and boom, two others pop up over the hill about 150yds away. Roger, I do the same thing. Start with the squeaker and wait a few minutes. If nothing shows I get after it with the Icotec. That thing is LOUD when the volume is turned up. I had a Foxpro but it didn't compare to the Icotec so I sold it. Both have remote control which is something else I wouldn't do without.

27-Apr-22

Stacking them up the last two weeks and giving my fawns a chance at life. Four more after last night's haul and 17 on the year!! Get out there fellas......

27-Apr-22

27-Apr-22

27-Apr-22
Wow Randy, I need you to come over and clean up at my place. Great work!!!!!

27-Apr-22
Are you on the west coast of WI? I could probably lend a hand some night if you are. I'm in LaCrosse.

27-Apr-22
Nothing better than a rotting Coyote belly up. Good work

28-Apr-22
I have to say, November has done better calling in WI than I've ever heard. Most times they seem to be tough to call in WI for some reason. Great job. You can really put the hurt on them trapping, my buddy had 50 last fall in around a month of trapping.

28-Apr-22
It's a whole different world when you can see at night with a thermal. There is definitely an overabundance of coyotes in Buffalo Cty. I've been at this for three years now and shot 18 the first year, last year I shot another 18 and so far this year I'm at 17 and not even half the year is over. I honestly don't know how ANY fawn survives up there on some of the farms I hunt. You have coyotes cruising along all night long from this direction and then from that direction with their paths crossing each other. Some nights all I do is stand in a wide open field and scan. When I see a coyote enter the field I try and call them in with the mouse squeaker. If that doesn't work I hit the Icotec. If that doesn't work I try and cut the distance using the contour of the field to get within range to hammer them. I probably should learn how to trap but I don't have the ability to check the traps every day. I think that would be the best way of eliminating the bastards. I'm just a part time coyote hunter getting out there when I can. Those traps are working 24/7. I need to retire asap and go yote hunting every night of the year. I have no doubt I could kill 100 dogs a year if I had the time!

28-Apr-22
We have dog hunters in my area that kill over 100 coyotes in some years. They will tell you the more they kill, the more there is next year...lol

28-Apr-22
Novembermadman, do you have wolves in your area if so can you tell the difference with the thermo between a coyote and wolf?

28-Apr-22
Do not have wolves here MJF...at least not yet!! Not sure how a wolf will look in the thermal if I ever see one. Might not be a good outcome for the wolf!!

28-Apr-22
I could be wrong, as it's only hearsay, but coyote problems can be controlled by wolves as the wolves kill/drive out the yotes. Soooo, we should trap a bunch of the wolves and relocate South of Eau Claire!!!

28-Apr-22
It's a lose, lose situation for the deer, period. 30-35 years ago you never saw or heard coyotes. What you would see were red fox and plenty of deer. It isn't a coincidence that the fox are nearly non existent now and the deer aren't what they used to be. With fur prices in the tank and nobody doing anything to curb the predator numbers I'm doing what I can in my little ecosystem around where I hunt. My personal belief is if you kill as many coyotes as you can right now before they have pups and the fawns start dropping is the best time to do any good at all. I'm not saying if you shoot one during deer season it doesn't help because anyone you kill helps. My point is it helps the local deer herd the most right now if you kill one in your area. I killed a pair the other night running together. The female had teets that were swollen and ready to be nursed on. You think that won't make a difference in my area?

28-Apr-22
Live2Hunt…. Not true… although they will kill them if opportunity but as far as driving them out of an area it’s not happening, if that were the case these coyotes up here would have no where to go but to southern counties. I see and hear more and more coyotes every year.

28-Apr-22
Wolves do not drive all the coyotes out. Thats definitely a wives tale... November, it can't hurt to take them out. I'm just relaying what these guys told me. These guys have been killing boat loads of them for as long as I can remember. Just doesn't seem to ever put a dent in them. I read some time ago that if the population dips, they produce a higher percentage of females in the litters. I have no idea if there's any truth to that...just what I read.

28-Apr-22

I couldn't tell you either retro.... all I know is if there is nothing to keep them in check then the deer hunting is only going to continue to get worse and worse. I have seen that happen first hand on my place. Half the things we read I wonder if it's some tree hugger writing it to keep us from killing coyotes. So are we to believe that once there are enough coyotes they will just stop breeding all together? (That's a rhetorical question!!) I lived in the Phoenix area for a while. Guess where the coyotes would go looking for a meal when the jackrabbits were getting low? You guessed it, into people's backyards to pick off their cats and dogs! Every year it was on the news at some point. They could jump a 6' high fence with a cat in their mouth and make it look easy. If I had a small dog and it got lost where I coyote hunt I'd put $100 on it that dog wouldn't make it 24 hours out there. That big male I shot the other night had some serious fangs on him. I'm not so sure even a medium sized dog could defend itself against something like him.

28-Apr-22
I agree. Most people have no idea how many coyotes live in town. It's ALOT!!! If more city people put cameras up in there yards, they would be surprised at what goes bump in the night... Bird feeders draw everything in.

28-Apr-22
Spot on.... and they are getting more bold every year bc they are used to nothing happening living so close to people. One night I was talking to a farmer while I was getting my gun out of the case. I started scanning his farmyard and I coyote went running out from behind his barn. Unfortunately I missed him... hitting a running coyote is tough!

28-Apr-22
I agree, people would be astonished at the amount of critters living in town, many are culvert dwellers.

29-Apr-22
We have found dead coyotes around bear baits and elsewhere. I'm sure wolves were the culprit. I've seen wolves chasing coyotes and closing the distance rather quickly.

29-Apr-22
Here’s what not to do. I’ve never hunted coyotes, but my son wanted to try. We didn’t have a call, but his plan was to use my Dewalt radio, and play coyote calls off YouTube from his phone. Was a good idea, until the ads in his phone popped up, and echoed everywhere. I felt bad for him, but couldn’t stop laughing.

02-May-22

>>>--arrow1-->'s embedded Photo
>>>--arrow1-->'s embedded Photo
While calling turkeys.

28-May-22

Definitely NOT a coyote kill because they would eat the ribs and probably the entire fawn carcass, and they would more then likely carry the entire carcass back to the den and devour there, not in the middle of the snowmobile trail. I'm thinking an eagle or an owl or maybe even a raccoon. Anyway, that's how my night started. Have any of you found any fawns with the meat cleaned off the bone like this?

28-May-22

....and this is how my night ended!! Three more to add to my total...up to 20 dead yotes for the year.

28-May-22

Big male here... the other two were females.

• Sitka Gear