Anglinscreek 23-Dec-21
Nyati 23-Dec-21
babysaph 24-Dec-21
Paul Dickey 26-Dec-21
Jack Whitmrie jr 26-Dec-21
Babysaph 27-Dec-21
Babysaph 27-Dec-21
23-Dec-21
I'm sure it has been discussed here in all these years but. What do you like hunting best mornings or evenings for whitetail deer? I'll go first , I will trade 1 good morning for 10 evening sets. I hunt wooded mountains with no farm fields for miles.

23-Dec-21
Reasons I like mornings over evenings Don't have to track, dress/butcher, pack deer in dark

Evenings deer are moving out of bedding into feeding areas, sometimes do it right at twilight and I spook deer getting out of stand.

Mornings deer are coming back on ridges and thermals move currents uphill away from the deer as they move back to bedding areas.

Sometimes during rut I hunt until 1-2PM and head to the house to get ready for next morning.

23-Dec-21
I agree, Jack and for all the reasons you listed. Over the years, I've taken waaaay more bucks in the morning than evening.

23-Dec-21
Early season is evenings.

Rut is all day with a love of mornings.

Late season is evenings. Back to food sources and by then I'm tired of getting up early.

23-Dec-21
October, evenings. I hunt over food plots.

November, closer to rut I like mornings better, but last couple hours of daylight is good too.

December, evenings

24-Dec-21
I have killed more in the evenings but agree with all that you guys said. I get lazier in the later season. I even got two hours in this evening.

26-Dec-21
Evening hunts truth be known, cuts into Jack’s nap time. It’s a toss up getting to watch the sun come up or set

26-Dec-21
I never shy away from a nap :)

27-Dec-21
Me either Jack. Love a good nap. in November it’s hunt mornings Lunch, nap and hunt evenings

27-Dec-21
Me either Jack. Love a good nap. in November it’s hunt mornings Lunch, nap and hunt evenings

• Sitka Gear