Pat Lefemine 18-Jan-22
Zbone 18-Jan-22
molsonarcher 16-Feb-22
Old Reb 16-Feb-22
Pat Lefemine 21-Feb-22
01-Jan-22

Old Reb's embedded Photo
Old Reb's embedded Photo
My son found a shed antler this morning while walking back to check a trail camera. The base is still pink so it has probably been dropped in the last day or so. Anyone still doe hunting needs to check the deer's head close for raw pedicals before shooting or they might end up shooting a future good buck.

01-Jan-22
I got a cell cam picture yesterday of a shed buck.

02-Jan-22
Yeah, me too. One of my biggest bucks vanished on 12/27 and I suspect he shed early. At least I hope so. I kept a feeder going to inventory my survivors and he was a 3x a night visitor until after Christmas. I doubt a bowhunter killed him. Last year he shed the first week of January. I hope he's still alive. He'll be a mid 150's 8 next year.

02-Jan-22
Pat - had talked to a couple deerfarmers confirm if in the same health will shed within a few days of the same date year after year... From what I gather the whole antler shedding process is perplexed, seems many or most shed the other side within in a day or two, but have seen a couple carry one side for weeks, even over a month...

04-Jan-22
My big 8 showed up tonight so he’s alive and still carrying both horns. I was happy to see him. I guess he just went on a little Christmas vacation.

05-Jan-22
A buddy of mine killed a "big doe" the other morning...until he got up to it and rolled it over. He was bummed out to say the least.

06-Jan-22
Yeah, I won’t shoot anything in late season without glassing it and making sure there’s no doubt. I only goofed up once during a late January hunt in Connecticut where a 3.5 walked in with a fawn. It was a shooter buck the following year too. Stupid.

06-Jan-22
Last year late season all I had were shots at shed bucks I think.

Hoping for better luck this year.

I never really look for sheds but do find a few each year just being out and about.

18-Jan-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
One of my mature survivors the night before last.

18-Jan-22

Then last night I get this. Same buck

18-Jan-22

And another photo where his lopsided head is bothering him. Pretty cool pics!

18-Jan-22
Way cool Pat, thanks for sharing... Glad he made it through all the firestick seasons... Would be cool to be able to identify him when he sheds the other side, how long it takes... With the pix you're receiving that may be possible... He'll be a real dandy next fall... Cool to have an animal like that to look forward too...

16-Feb-22
Everyone still holding both sides here.

16-Feb-22
My son found one while we were rabbit hunting Saturday. Deliberate searching hasn't been successful. The snow is slowly melting away here in Huron County so maybe our success will improve. It seems like the ones I find is when I stumble across them while in the woods for another reason.

21-Feb-22

Got a few in my bean field

• Sitka Gear