onX Maps
Trail Cam's Banned
Utah
Contributors to this thread:
BULELK1 05-Jan-22
Dikndirt 11-Feb-22
05-Jan-22
Looks like it's back to hunting skills and woodman ship with No more silly baiting and Trail cam use.

I never used either anyways, so it doesn't affect me or my success rate nor wallet$$.

31st of July they are illegal......

It really surprised me some of the guys that have posted on other sites with true anger and fear of future lack of harvest success.

Good luck, Robb

11-Feb-22
Robb, you and I have a lot in common but I disagree with you on the trail cam issue. The problem with the ban on trail cams is the fact that we were blindsided by the DWR and the Wildlife Board. The original proposal was to ban the use of cellular or real time cams and SD card cams were to be allowed. Then out of the blue the matter was revisited at the last WB meeting and brought to a vote. The ban wasn’t a complete ban but a season was put on the use of cameras. I know you have stated you don’t use cameras and that is fine. I guess what is most troubling to me is the fact that we are losing freedoms slowly but surely and methods of hunting are being legislated by people who really are not educated or qualified to do so. I am really alarmed at the divisions in our ranks… I like to look at the big picture and technology is here and it is not going away because some don’t like it or feel that it is not fair chase. I am definitely against the long range guns that can kill out to a mile away but I will not call for a ban on them simply because I don’t use them. If data proves that they are a threat to the sport I will support limitations but data on trail cams has not been established to prove they are harming the resource and I am getting tired of the government overreach. Respectfully, Jim

• Sitka Gear