Contributors to this thread:
Bow4em 05-Jan-22
Bandicooter 09-Jan-22
MD4723 01-Jul-22
Bow4em 16-Aug-22
Bow4em 16-Aug-22
Thorin 09-Jan-23
05-Jan-22
Anyone on here want to plan a CO archery elk hunt for 2023? I’m in northern Virginia and don’t want to do the mountains alone for obvious reasons.

09-Jan-22
I used to hunt Colorado elk alone. Had a close call when a hundred-foot snag fell right after I walked by it. Missed me by 30 yards but gave me pause. They wouldn't have found me for days if at all. Good luck finding a partner. Try "Hunting Virginia" Facebook page. It's very active as opposed to the Virginia Bowsite page.

01-Jul-22
Howdy - I am new to the site, and to VA; just saw this post... I moved here from CO, and have elk hunted out there. Heading back in Nov for rifle season, but I could be interested in 2023 archery elk. Regardless, I'd be glad to help share what I know if that would help.

16-Aug-22
@md4723 sent you a message give me a shout

16-Aug-22
@md4723 sent you a message give me a shout

09-Jan-23
Good morning, I'm currently researching the licensing procedure for CO. I have a property to stay at in Durango, CO. It's an elk management area so that may be limited but there are many abundant species. Apparently that region borders the desert but gets the most rain in CO. Never been there but my buddy told me to "bring it". Would most likely be a September archery hunt. He is an avid outdoorsman but does not hunt. Just sent me a pic of bighorn sheep from his hike the other day. Would plan around the full moon to add to the spectacular adventure that I am planning. A successful hunt would be a bonus.

• Sitka Gear