JayD 19-Jan-22
Nyati 19-Jan-22
babysaph 19-Jan-22
babysaph 19-Jan-22
Jack Whitmrie jr 19-Jan-22
babysaph 20-Jan-22
Jack Whitmrie jr 21-Jan-22
16-Jan-22
Have heard from several people that DNR Director McDaniel has resigned and his last day is the end of this month.

17-Jan-22
That's interesting

17-Jan-22
Yes, he is leaving. A year later than he had planned to. He agreed to stay for 4 years when he accepted the position. He was planning on leaving last year but I understand the Governor asked him for 1 more year which he agreed to. Because of Covid some of the State park contacts and improvements were delayed because of supply chain issues and he wanted to see them thru .

17-Jan-22
Any idea of a replacement?

17-Jan-22
I think they are still in the interviewing process

18-Jan-22
He told me he wanted more time with his family - good for him and wish him well…..

19-Jan-22
There’s an article in Metronews about McDaniels leaving .

There were rumors going around that he was fired , let go , etc. if that were the case the Governor would not be keeping him in the background in an advisory role .

I don’t understand why people start these rumors some peoples only way to try to elevate themselves is to try and put other people down and spread false rumors about them . It’s sad

19-Jan-22
Hadn’t heard anything about those rumors - just heard he was leaving.

I reached out to him and he msg me back saying he was wanting to spend more time with family. Can’t blame the guy for that at all. I liked some of the stuff he has done and not so happy about some things - but who is going to make everyone happy?

Sounds like he wants to do some more fishing - that sounds pretty good to me!

19-Jan-22
Yes, he had ordered a special fishing boat to be ready for last year but Covid pushed it back and it finally got delivered last month . I’m glad for him

19-Jan-22
Heck yea. Nothing like retirement.

19-Jan-22
Heck yea. Nothing like retirement.

19-Jan-22
Good for him, like all people in high positions I don't always agree with their decisions. Heck I don't even agree with some of my decisions. Anyhow hope he enjoys retirement!

20-Jan-22
I don't agree with people always in low positions either. LOL

21-Jan-22
Me neither JR

• Sitka Gear