BBB 23-Jan-22
jdee 24-Jan-22
smarba 24-Jan-22
bad bob 07-Mar-22
Flyfishfreak 21-Mar-22
BBB 31-Mar-22
Flyfishfreak 01-Apr-22
23-Jan-22
I was watching a Youtube video and the 3 hunters were confronted by a guy who said he was security of the Lee Ranch owner who leases the state land they were hunting and they needed to leave because the Ranch has the hunting rights?? Turns out they checked with the game warden and NM does not lease hunting, just grazing to ranchers. My question is - has anyone else run into this problem? I hunted NM years ago and didn't know this problem existed.

24-Jan-22
I’ve run into state land that was closed to hunting by the state but never by someone leasing it. Most state land I’ve hunted have all had state signs with phone numbers to call if you have any questions.

24-Jan-22
Read thread on main Bowsite forum, it's been beaten to death. In this case the security guy was blowing smoke and couldn't legally kick the hunters off. NM State Land Office website has maps that show any State land that is closed to hunting. Most is open as part of the NMDGF access agreement (for which NMDGF pays). Some areas are not open to hunting for various reasons.

07-Mar-22
im a nm resident...it would be fun if some asshole tried to run me off state land...know the rules

21-Mar-22
Land owners always get away with this . Unit 32 land owners land lock so much public land that during the barbary sheep hunts its gotten so bad that I personally wont even put in for that area any longer. You have to call sheriffs dept or state police , and theyn must wait and hope they show up , they do and say its a land issue and must be taken up with the land office. By that time , the hunt has been disrupted and the land owner wins knowing you wont wait or go thru the trouble , and even if the land office states land owner cannot lock public right of way , again the hunt has passed. Its all horse schit and they know it and are not afraid and law enforcement cannot really do much else.... this unit 9 ordeal with the Floyd Lee has been ongoing for years , another rancher that every year gets away with doing this ...

31-Mar-22
Wow! I wouldn't let a landowner run me off state land. I'd make sure to find ways in and out of the area and remain undetected. And when I put an arrow in something, drag it under their noses. In CT we have a problem with NYC people that call the cops if they see you walking on the side of the road wearing camo.

01-Apr-22
BBB, thos same NYC people are here in the west these days as well me friend.

• Sitka Gear