Jims 29-Jan-22
WYelkhunter 31-Jan-22
Ron Niziolek 07-Feb-22
Jims 12-Feb-22
ultimag 06-Nov-22
WYelkhunter 26-Jan-23
ultimag 25-Apr-23
29-Jan-22
Well it's that time of year when 90/10 in Wyo raises it's ugly face. To add drama to the mix Wyo outfitters and landowners joined forces at the last task force meeting in regard to creating a new pool of outfitter tags. The new word is that Wyo outfitters are requesting to split the 10% of limited elk, deer, and antelope tags taken from nonres and split between res and new set aside outfitter tags.

It was evident from the first task force meeting that outfitters had something up their sleeves when they had little to no complaints in regard to 90/10 allocations for Big 5 species. Now 90/10 or 90-5-5 is in the works for elk, deer, and antelope.

This would be similar to what happened in New Mexico several years ago when outfitters suddenly glommed onto a chunk of public draw nonres tags. If you are a DIY/OYO nonresident hunter you may want to keep tabs on this. It's the DIY nonresident that would take a big hit in the head!

31-Jan-22
I don't mind giving Residents a larger slice of the tags But please don't give any tags to Outfitters. They are already subsidized enough. In my opinion they should do a way with the law that non-residents should be required to have a guide in Wilderness.

07-Feb-22
I don't believe anything should change. When nonresidents have made the investment of their $ and time, the department should not change the rules.

12-Feb-22
Here's another tid-bit of information. I doubt if many Wyo res or nonres are aware that landowner tags are taken off the top of the pile of tags before they even start allocating limited draw tags? What surprised me is there is no quota on these tags and as it current stand every limited tag could go to landowners! I really believe this is a major flaw in the Wyo elk, deer, and antelope program.

Another giant flaw is that if a hunter buys 200+ acres of land that meets the requirements they automatically can purchase these tags each and every year! IThere has been talk to increase the acres to be eligible but this will only mean that rich landowners will buy land and be able to "acquire" tags!

What may fix this flaw? 1) Place a cap on landowner tags available and 2) require all landowner tags to be available in the draw similar to every other limited tag in Wyo!

What this change would mean to DIY public Wyo res and nonres hunters? This would offer them more opportunity to draw high demand limited tags.

There is no wonder that landowner tags aren't shown in the WG&F draw odds stats. They clearly aren't there. In fact, it's nearly impossible to get landowner tag numbers unless you actively contact the WG&F and request this information.

06-Nov-22
jms your like a Timex watch take a license and just keep right on ticken

26-Jan-23
jims....

there is no way all tags could go to landowners the way the system is now. And yes the landowner tags should come off the quota, thats how they manage the animals and numbers of hunters. Every landowner that wants to hunt should be allowed to hunt each and every year. Our land is what supports the wildlife a majority of the time in all areas.

25-Apr-23
Jms why don't you worry about colorado ,let wyoming residance worry about wyoming

• Sitka Gear