onX Maps
What parts of Wyoming DONT have grizzly?
Wyoming
Contributors to this thread:
Shaft2Long 03-Feb-22
Rob in VT 04-Feb-22
Shaft2Long 06-Feb-22
Traveler 04-Mar-22
Old trad guy 09-Apr-22
Jordan 29-Aug-22
wytex 11-Oct-22
DonVathome 18-Oct-22
03-Feb-22
Im trying to look this up. I'm getting a great education on identification from WY. g&f, they've got a map where the colors don't match the key. Lots of stuff about Idaho and Montana. I'd just like to know what parts are kind of outside the grizzly range. I'll take a look at a map and kind of move out from the Yellowstone area but I know, or at least I think, they've been expanding their range in a lot of areas.

Thanks.

04-Feb-22

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Greater Yellowstone area and down the Wind River and Wyoming Range is their range. There have been reports of sightings in the Bighorns, but if they are there it’s not many.

06-Feb-22
Thank you.

04-Mar-22
They are everywhere in Western WY - https://www.wyomingnews.com/rocketminer/news/local/grizzly-bear-sighting-verified-near-viva-naughton-reservoir/article_3fb19163-bc9d-5141-8992-874ca08af0fb.html

09-Apr-22
I've lived and hunted a lot in grizzly country. Cody, where I live is very densely populated with bears. They do very much effect bowhunting and keep you on your toes. In our area we see grizzlies about every 2nd day of hunting and meat must be packed out (usually with horses) that day or it is often claimed by bears. The crosshatched area in NW Wyo is quite accurate. From Jackson and Pinedale south the populations are less dense. If you don't want to deal with bears stay away from Dubois, Cody, Thermopolis and Meeteetse areas. Dan

29-Aug-22
I visited with a local at a bar in Centennial, he lived over in Ryan Park. He said his step son is a wildlife officer and would not confirm or deny that grizz were in the Snowy Range. Reminds me of the 80's and the MO Dept. of Conservation denying cougars were in MO despite all the pics folks kept sending in to them of cats in their yards, their horse feed, etc. Much like elk, grizz is where you find 'em......or them find you.

11-Oct-22
No confirmed grizz in Snowies but sighting have been reported for years actually. No need to worry about them over here. They have been sighted south of the Snowies in CO too.

18-Oct-22
I have been around the Cody area and there are a lot. More then I expected.

• Sitka Gear