Contributors to this thread:
KAD 27-Feb-22
awh302 28-Feb-22
petedrummond 01-Mar-22
KAD 02-Mar-22
KAD 02-Mar-22
KAD 02-Mar-22
27-Feb-22
So curious others thoughts on this. Have a property we’re looking at that checks all the boxes-great location, hunting setup is perfect, build site for cabin, etc.

Catch is the property was annexed 30 years ago, and is in city limits. Closest house is 2 miles away. BUT city ordinance says no hunting “unless otherwise permitted by law” and no discharge of firearms unless permit granted by sheriff, revocable at any time.

I dont gun hunt, but I’m thinking more about resale than anything.

I’ve talked to local game warden and he confirmed, state law trumps local law when it comes to hunting. So if you dont shoot gun within x feet of house/roadway, etc you are legal to hunt (gun and archery).

Have any others dealt with city limits hunting and ever had any grief about it? Like I said this property is nowhere near the “city” where it’s located, but I also want to have a marketable property if in the future I need to sell.

28-Feb-22
I would consider that a bow hunting only spot. I don’t know they layout but shooting a gun within city limits is generally not allowed.

I bow hunt in an unincorporated part of town without any issues.

01-Mar-22
What city? And do not base investment decisions based on advice from game wardens,cops or your cousin Eddie.

02-Mar-22
Small city in Bureau county. We’ve decided it’s too much risk. It’s legal till it’s not. And when it’s not the value tanks.

02-Mar-22
Small city in Bureau county. We’ve decided it’s too much risk. It’s legal till it’s not. And when it’s not the value tanks.

02-Mar-22

• Sitka Gear