Buckstop723 07-Mar-22
kstout 09-Mar-22
Buckstop723 10-Mar-22
BRIBOWl 22-Jul-23
Groundhunter 15-Aug-23
six 29-Sep-23
Swamp_Donkey 02-Oct-23
07-Mar-22
I'm collecting data in many states on public land deer hunting.

Has your overall mature deer sightings on public land gotten better or worse in the last ten years?

Do hunters on public land in your state hunt meat or antlers?

What could your state do to make deer hunting public land better?

- I know little about this state. I am eager to get feedback here. I have read that Michigan has a ton of deer hunters.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

09-Mar-22
For the last 3 years it has been better because of a 4 on a side APR. The NRC rescinded the APR for next year, so I expect the number of older buck sightings will drop. The hunters in my area predominantly hunt for antlers with no APR. they will pass up countless does to shoot any antlered buck. I think, because of hunting pressure, the only improvement that would work would be to continue with the APR.

10-Mar-22
Thanks for the feedback. Our deer hunting on public land in South Carolina has gotten a lot better. Most hunt on a lease and pressure mature deer off their land driving 4wheelers in and out so much. The deer are actually reaching maturity on public land now. Thanks for you feedback.

22-Jul-23
Deer hunting public land is getting worse where I hunt end of story.

15-Aug-23
Where in MI, It's a big state?

29-Sep-23
I really enjoy public land hunting again. With the current APR's we have more and larger bucks. It really nice knowing you will most likely see and possibly get a shot at a more mature buck. I really hope MI keeps APR's.

02-Oct-23
six, I agree.

• Sitka Gear