sbschindler 18-Jul-23
hobbes 21-Jul-23
JMG 24-Jul-23
hobbes 27-Jul-23
JMG 27-Jul-23
Harleywriter 05-Sep-23
10-Mar-22

JMG's Link
Randy Newberg, Hunter, has a very good and interesting series of podcasts regarding corner crossing. Well worth the time and effort to listen what has been presented. I highly recommend everyone listen all the podcasts in this series (in order). To date, there are only 2 podcasts now, but a 3rd and maybe a 4th podcast is to come.

10-Mar-22

JMG's Link
Volume 14, Wyoming Law Review, page 19. Refer to the discussion in podcast 2.

24-Mar-22
both podcasts that talk about corner crossing is well worth the listen,

26-Apr-23
Corner crossing in montana,is illegal and you will be prosecuted for it

26-Apr-23
Do we actually have examples of folks being prosecuted in Montana for corner crossing?

Has it been tested in court in Montana?

26-Apr-23
Good question ... not that I am aware of.

You would have to find someone willing to challenge the issue in the court system and that ultimately may be "costly". So, I bet most (if not all) just plead guilty or come to a plea agreement that meets in the middle.

06-May-23
Rough country trust me montana will prosecute you. and. Yes its been tested by a shed hunter the shed hunter LOST

14-Jul-23

JMG's Link
BLM to recognize corner crossing as a means.

Pretty big news ... BLM to implement ... wow!

18-Jul-23
now what will the forest service do ???

21-Jul-23
How does BLM "implement" corner crossing? What is there to implement? BLM and FS aren't the problem, it's the private landowners that own the other two corners.

24-Jul-23
I believe a better message is that BLM recognizes corner crossing as a means to access BLM land and they will not interfere or prevent the public from utilizing this method to gain access.

27-Jul-23
That would have been a better statement from them. That still doesn't prevent private landowners from filing charges and the state from prosecuting. I hope like heck it works out in our favor but I'm not holding my breath.

27-Jul-23
A lot remains to be seen. It will depend heavily on the County Attorney and the "good ole boy network". BUT ... if a case were to go to trial and trial was decided in favor of "corner crossing" ... that would set precedent.

05-Sep-23
I expect access issues of every kind will persist long after I’m gone but one thing is you better have a strong case because the ruling will be hard to overturn. Probably get settled by Supremes.

• Sitka Gear