groundhunter50 12-May-22
groundhunter50 14-May-22
retro 14-May-22
groundhunter50 14-May-22
RUGER1022 23-Jun-22
groundhunter50 23-Jun-22
RUGER1022 24-Jun-22
20-Mar-22
Had another great time today...If most of these guys and gals, had to be salesmen in their lives,, they would have starved,,,,,, First off , most buyers are not going to pay you for retail on your old ammo, you dug out of the garage,,,,,

My friend had a table today, trying to unload 308 and 30.06 Remmington 'core lockt at 50.00 a box.... l lowered the price to 25.00,,,, put up a sign for those who are walking by, CAN READ IT,,,,,,, guess what,,,, I sold all of his 40 boxes within an hour....

Another tip, guns do not sell themselves,,,,, geesh I can not tell you enough about the old aholes, who will not give you the time of day, but want top dollar for their stuff,,, Earth to Mars, this stuff, is not going to sell itself....

I got a Colt Diamond Back, 38 vent rib, marked 650.00 for 400.00 at the end of the day

20-Mar-22
Heck of a deal Mike , a clean Colt diamondback in 38 is bringing over a grand .

20-Mar-22
Thanks Glenn,, not really, top price is 850 and it has to be pretty nice,,,,, /this gun was a little rough, barrel and some cylinder spots, but I have the time to clean it up,,,,, I will sell it to you for 1150.00 ha ha,,,,,,,,,,, See you in Antigo,,,,

21-Mar-22
Yeah Glenn, your right, guess I can throw Blue Book out, gun is very rough, field grade with holster wear and cylinder wear, going to need some work........... Forget guns at the shows, have to look at estate sales,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Prices have been nuts for a long time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, alot like trad bows

21-Mar-22
Mike I only use the Blue book to confirm production numbers, years , make & rare variations of the model. Example , S& W model 29's are worth 600 to 3000 depending on the variations.

The Blue book Prices are obsolete the day it's printed but is a great reference book . My Bluebook is 15 years old .

I do a pretty fair job of touch up my self. I put a S&W finish on a smith. Ruger finish on a Ruger & so on .

04-Apr-22

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
3 day show in Antigo . Bought a nice 35 lb Shakespeare recurve for 45 bucks . Ammo prices are slowly going down . Handguns are strong . Shotguns were soft .

One guy had 5 Wolf pelts for 500 each . Didn't sell any . A good looking lady in her 60's bought a 2200 dollar Winchester from Me . She told me she buys a winchester at every show for her collection . I asked her if she was single . She said , " Yes but don't get your hopes up " winked & walked away . Geez .

The hands in the Pic belong to Groundhunter . He spent a few hours with me . Had a fun time & decided we will get together and do some Trout fishing this summer .

04-Apr-22
Ruger, you need to work on your lines again!!!

06-Apr-22
It was a nice show. Glenn has nice stuff, and he knows what he is talking about. Ammo is coming down, and I thought it was high at that show. Some guys think they have gold,,,, 42.00 for a box of 410 is not happening for me.......... This weekend going to hit a Sportsmen Rummage Sale, in Beaver Dam and the big gun show, in Fond du lac.

07-Apr-22
Followed up on a gunshow lead . Drove to Caddot & purchased a Winchester Model 92 saddle ring carbine . Made in 1918 , condition 97 % . Spectacular piece .

Oh , caliber is 25 20 . A famous deer cartridge in WI for what reason ?

07-Apr-22
Glenn, I believe the Jordan Buck was shot with a 25 20, they are small.

07-Apr-22
GH are you putting up a table in Fond du Lac? I am going down there this weekend after staying at home the past two years because of covid. I will look you up if you are there.

07-Apr-22
Correct Live , a small 85 grain bullet that should be used for small game only . Had a few bullet holes in it when it went down .

07-Apr-22
Raspy no I am not.... but I will have a shirt on, that says Beast Gear,,,,,, I will be there all day on Sunday

08-Apr-22
Thanks GH. I will look for you.

09-Apr-22

Bowtech007's embedded Photo
Bowtech007's embedded Photo

09-Apr-22
I spent the morning at the FDL gun show. Not as many people as I expected. I got a bargain on 2 bags of 10 gauge wads for my homemade turkey loads. Gun prices are still high.

09-Apr-22
The Beaver Dam show was great.... I bought a 3 person tent, never used, for my elk hunt this year, solo for 5.00/ I bought a solo single blade elk saw, out of Idaho for 5.00. I bought Bear Razorheads, I found at the table,,,, all original greenies, with sleeves, and inserts, and also inserts if you need them for those without screw ins, for 10.00,,,, I gt 410 ammo for 18 a box,,,, plus too much fun....tried to deal on an assault rifle, no deal,,,,, will go to Fond du lac tomorow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lots of compounds and arrows going cheap, these guys have all moved on to crossbows

10-Apr-22
Really good show at Fond du lac.... Offered, 100 dollars on a left hand Herters, they stood firm at 250, their nuts. At the end of the day, bought 20 gauge 1oz loads for 12.00, that were 20 all day. Stay late at shows, people packing up, some good deals. My friend and I had eyed a Savage 99 in 308, at 650, earlier, and that was a good price, we got it for 550.00,,,,,,,,,,,,, Okay for all of you xbow haters, I bought a Ravin R10, 12 bolts, broadheads, and airplane approved with wheels case..... I will not say what I got it for, but I will make close to 500.00 on it, I can assure you. sat there all weekend..................................... trad arrows continue to be over priced, at gun shows.

Knives are ridiculous,,,,, every guy who has a Case etc, which are all copies of the Marble design, sit on them, for what they are,,,,,, Buy knives at auctions, or rummage sales................... Never saw a knife sold all day..............

Sold a pos handgun today for 300.00,,,,,,,,,,,,, Have to take it to a gun shop tomorrow, and going to use it for an AR order, that Ruger put me on to,,,,,,,, lots of fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Raspy, had my shirt on, but never saw you,,,,,, gave donations to the AM Vets, Fond du Lac High School trap team, and the USMC, selling poppies

10-Apr-22
Also some of the gun show people should get a grip... I am buying, when they come in, 20 gauge 1oz loads from 12.99 to 14.99,,,,,,,,,,,,, go to a gun show, and they are asking 20 to 25 dollars..............

Knives,,,, way over priced. Most of the guys selling their knives, will go to their graves with them. Knife prices peaked 15 years ago..,, The young guys use replaceable blades, and maybe one fixed.............. All the 100 to 125 Case etc, fixed blades are worth about 45 to 75.00............

My Knife of Alaska, is a better knife and steel, than Marble ever produced....... And I own several Marbles,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

10-Apr-22
GH. I never made it back Sunday. Had to change out the John Deere rider from snow blower to lawnmower. Then the wife invited the whole family over to eat and I had to fire up the grill. I saw the same Ravin R10 seller on Saturday. I don't remember his price he had on it. Maybe we will meet up at another gun show down the line.

11-Apr-22
GH, for me if that thing was free I would have thought about taking it to throw it in the dump, lol. Hell, I would have paid them 5.00 to get it and throw it in the dump.

11-Apr-22
Opportunity to make money, I dont pass.... anyway, the guy I sell it too, will be well over 65,,,,, ha ha ha

17-Apr-22
A good friend is going to a gun auction near Oconto April 23 put on by Yoap & Yoap Auction. No idea if the allow online bidding but I am trying to get a better handle on the guns they are listing. Read 350 guns.

17-Apr-22
Sounds like a good one. I will be at the Beaver Dam show, at the Dodge County Fairgrounds.............

17-Apr-22
I am going to try to make it there. It is at the Yoap & Yoap auction building on hwy 141, just north of hwy 22 in Lena.

18-Apr-22
Big show in Baraboo, on Sunday, might head out there also. Have no idea if its worth the drive, anyone goes to that?

23-Apr-22
Anyone make it to the youp & youp gun auction in Lena today? I had to help my son with 400' of wood fence today and did not make it there. Wondering if it was any good.

23-Apr-22
I went to the Beaver Dam show today, in the cow barns at the fair grounds. A farmer show, and it was small, but great. One guy was getting transferred to Tenn, and sold a solid 2 years old setter, for 300.00................ 'dog had over 500 birds from training etc killed over it, with papers, a steal........ I bought alot of 20 gauge 1oz, for grouse, and closests of 410 that came out,,,,,,,

scored on a great holster for my 4 inch 357. Recrurve bows were still well over priced, as was, traps, skins, and antlers...................... Stores are getting ammo, so the prices of 308 and 30.06 are cheaper at the stores.

Looks like though the Biden Admin, is going to administer a new surplus tax on ammo on June 25th, so if your not a Dan Durkin fan, and need ammo, you might want to get some.

Not going to Baraboo tomorrow,,,, going to save the gas money and go to a show in Iowa next weekend.

these farmer shows are more fun. then the general shows,,,,,, I mean when you can sell a dog, on a walk thru, you got to love it

10-May-22
A fellow just called . He's in town cleaning up his father's estate . He was referred to me . He wants to sell a bunch of Traps . 218 total . Traps are not my thing , I know nothing about them .

He wants to sell them all , No cherry picking . If your interested Message me & I will give you the contact info .

11-May-22

Picked up some treasures today to finish off a Gunshow deal . This beauty is a 1966 Bear Tiger Cat. A M O 62 , 45 lbs at 28 inches. New string .

If interested send me a message.

12-May-22
Filled up the Jeep with a bunch of " hunting stuff " at a garage sale . Told the guy that I would shop his bow around for him .

Matthew's legacy, 60 lb , LH , nice site & rest . Hard case , arrows , like new . 75 bucks .

Yea I'm a Lefty but I already have a Legacy, an Outback , 3 recurves, & a long bow.

12-May-22
Several asked . 28 inch draw .

12-May-22
I need lefty recurves,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, going to hit Horicon Saturday, for gun show..... too hot to hunt turkeys.... suppose to cool down Sunday...........................

14-May-22
Went to the Horicon gun show today. Saw a table, and the guy, had 11 broadheads, in the original box, these were the original Magnus broadheads, out of Otis Kansas, a large cutting 2 blade, with bear bleeder blades, permanately on the head....... 140 grains, because I never go to a show, without a grain scaler, and light optics etc,,,,,,,,,,,, could not reach a deal, too rich for my blood............................... He had alot of arrows, I made an offer for bulk, all of them,,,,, again, way over priced.....................

However found one guy, dumping all of his hunting stuff..... I got a brand new Black Hole block target, for 5.00, a 40.00 value........................One young guy, bought a summit climber SD, and I looked at it, very nice condition,,,, 65.00,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bows that were there, way over priced..........................

14-May-22
If those were the old Magnus 2 blades with 1.5 inch cut I would have been bugging you to buy them.....

14-May-22
They were, but not for what he was asking, I am not cheap, but I am not nuts,,,,, Beaver Dam on Wed nite will be another show, if he is there, since he is a local, I will try again.......

23-Jun-22

Hit a garage sale this AM . Bought a Hoyt kids bow , 18 arrows, a nice leather quiver. A nice summit climber . A GI Joe HV in mint condition with the solders , 2 early Tonka metal dump trucks in New condition , several Folding knives , And a TREK 700 road bike in nice shape . Paid $ 53 .00 for all .

23-Jun-22
Ruger you are the king on this site.. nice score... Today I picked up a Parker Thunderhawk, crossbow,, 10 bolts,, and hand cranker,,,,, Value about 500.00, including illuminated scope in both red and green...................... It might get traded on a 243, on Sat morning, have not seen the gun yet, but I will let you know,,,,,, lots of good deals out there, even if Biden is the President, ha ha

24-Jun-22

Very nice leather Quiver.

• Sitka Gear