TonyBear 18-May-22
Whocares 19-May-22
RD 20-May-22
TonyBear 20-May-22
arlone 01-Jun-22
RD 01-Jun-22
Dale06 05-Jun-22
23-Mar-22
Turkey hunting season is 3 weeks away, everybody ready?

24-Mar-22
Yup, got my calls out. Patched my double bull blind. Have been shooting my bow, a lot. And bought license.

24-Mar-22
Sure am! Just loaded the crappie reels with new fishing line!

26-Mar-22
Looks like it might be snow again in the early season. My maple trees are not producing sap yet. Limited gobbling so far in the woods. its gotta warm up and stay warm.

The killer combo for crappies last year was the smaller fake minnows on a small jig. You can cast them farther and the fish couldn't pull them off during the light bite.

28-Mar-22
Haven't bought a "real" crappie minnow in 20 years, not since GULP came along anyway..

29-Mar-22

TonyBear's embedded Photo
Hopefully have an opportunity like this soon...

08-Apr-22
Put up a blind this morning near Taylor’s Falls, it was cold and dreary with a light covering of snow from last night. We need lots of warm weather.

09-Apr-22
Just got in from scouting and things are looking good! 4 days.

10-Apr-22

Set up a couple of blinds, found some roosting areas and birds...

Now if the weather would just cooperate

12-Apr-22
Haven't put out a blind yet. Guess I'm waiting for some nice weather, so will wait for this new wet/cold system to pass by and maybe get busy? I have been shooting every day, but that's all year. Got a new to me bow this winter and the name on it is "Lucky", so have no doubts about this spring! Good luck to everybody and be safe out there.

13-Apr-22
Wet,wet wet and windy first day. 5 jakes came in to the decoys at 7am, 5 jakes left. Weather is supposed to be worse tomorrow and Friday, windier and colder, so might wait a couple days.

13-Apr-22
I was out before sun up at Taylor’s Falls. Sat till 1pm, with occasional showers and it was cool. Never saw or heard a turkey.

13-Apr-22
Dale 06 Did you see much in the fields along Hwy 95 on the way back??

13-Apr-22
I saw zero, but it was mid day, 1-2 pm when I drove back and it was cool and misty. I don’t think they were moving much today.

14-Apr-22
I did see a big long beard all fanned out strutting this morning, in Victoria, 200 yards from my house.

14-Apr-22
I went out this morning and nearly froze to death, reminded me of my Air Force days when the 35-50 mph winds ripping through the trees sounded like B-52's taking off!

15-Apr-22
I haven't seen much around here in the normal spots. Thinking they knew the big blast was coming and are holed up in the thick pines.

16-Apr-22
Sat in a blind and a friend was also in a blind this morning, both near Taylor’s Falls. It was quite cold, mid 20s. Neither of us saw a bird or heard one.

17-Apr-22
Kids came home for Easter so I didn't go, trail camera showed 2 longbeards walking by my blind at 7:09! Tomorrow is another day!

17-Apr-22
Good luck tmw, RD.

18-Apr-22
Thanks, should have happened but nothing to show but feathers, no blood. Shot high, lots of wind and snow showers.

19-Apr-22
Beautiful morning, birds were really active, saw 2 jakes and 6 Gobblers, 5 hens playing hard to get. One would drop down and wait for the gobbler to get to her then jump up and run and drop feet from him. Really comical! I had laying down hen under a 1/2 strut jake and the only thing would come in were hens. 2 gobblers were coming at same time when they started fighting so that ended that. All in all a good morning, gobbling quit at 12:30.

23-Apr-22

Here are 4 toms out about 75-80 yards. I had to be very patient and only called lightly 2 times since I had deer right outside the blind.

23-Apr-22

Nice big one at 22 yds. The rest of the flock was to my left all behind the fencerow brush. 25# 1 inch spurs a new PBR.

Only down side was a shot gun not a bow as my injured elbow from the fall this winter just hasn't been stable enough. Maybe get a video of my son shooting his this weekend.

23-Apr-22
Way to go Tony! The last 2 days have been terrible windy, today I slept in. Monday is supposed to be really cold but less wind we'll see what happens.

23-Apr-22
Way to go Tony! The last 2 days have been terrible windy, today I slept in. Monday is supposed to be really cold but less wind we'll see what happens.

24-Apr-22
Tried in the wind today with my son, lots of tweetybirds, 3 cranes up close but no turkeys.

24-Apr-22
Hunted near Taylor’s falls this morn. Saw five hens and one long beard. They stayed 200 yards from me and had zero interest in my decoys or calling. I quit at 10 am before the wind carried me away.

24-Apr-22
Duplicate, sorry

26-Apr-22
Congrats Tony!

27-Apr-22
Still fighting the WIND! Haven't had a gobbler close since Thursday and they were jakes. Between the wind and cold it's getting hard to get up and go, today was supposed to be calm but 20mph isn't calm. Froze again maybe tomorrow since the rain isn't supposed to come until afternoon. Seems like they're still grouped up, maybe the cold and clouds?

18-May-22
Gonna try and get out the last season with my son. Warmer now and hens will be with their brood or clutch?

19-May-22
Have fun and good luck.

20-May-22
Things have gotten really slow, no close encounters for a week and yesterday I was feeling really bad so I went to the ER and found out it covid so I'm probably done for this year. They gave me an infusion that is supposed to work quickly so hopefully I'll be ok.

20-May-22
The pandy visited my house a couple of weeks ago. I ended up off work for 11 days, proxvid seemed to help. My wife however had a bad reaction to it and we ended up in the ER the same evening a tornado went over the hospital. She had some IV treatment for the incredible pain but then bounced back.

Son missed a nice tom last night after all that rain.

01-Jun-22
Last Wed. May 25 in rain, wind and 50 degrees I had a Jake come by the blind to take a look at my one Montana hen decoy and I finally shot straight after missing two Toms earlier in the season. Not much to brag about at 15 pounds with about a 4 inch beard and only nubbins for spurs, but it will fit in an oven bag just fine! Used a Cascade Mountain "Hyak", 48# @ 28" and same cedar arrow with an Anderson "Hummer" head that I shot a Jake last spring, a doe last fall, but this time it ended up in 3 pieces!

01-Jun-22
Good Going arlone! Should eat good! Since I got the covid on the 17th Ihaven't been out, always super tired and or coughing. My wife tested positive last Thursday and so we're in the same boat. I was supposed to be in Ont. this week bear hunting but had to stay home. I did have 3 opportunities early in the season and that's all a guy can ask for.

05-Jun-22
Congrats on the jake. I also arrowed a jake, several weeks ago. It was the only shot opportunity in about ten mornings of hunting.

• Sitka Gear