Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Great night
Great night
Pic taken just before I shot the far left dog
Pic taken just before I shot the far left dog
With the coyote season coming to an end I was hoping for a strong finish and got it last night. Neighbor gave me a cow back in October but it froze up fast and got buried in snow. This past week the coyotes got on it hard. Big dogs too. 44,42,32. Going back out tonight for the last day of the coyote season (another stupid NY hunting season).

27-Mar-22
Good luck Pat, and you are correct, another stupid, non-biological or scientifically based hunting season.

27-Mar-22
It's amazing how big they get!

With less hunters and places to hunt in NYS, the yotes have cart Blanche access to the critters... thanks for your valiant effort Pat, something needs to change as they are a pest acuned to the likes of rodents.

28-Mar-22
Got one more last night but it was a really big one at 50lbs.

NY is the only state with a coyote season. Figures.

28-Mar-22
I shot 6 this past winter from my house window. I’ve concluded there are more coyotes in my area than deer. Went to my camp Saturday in the core of WMU 6N , still plenty of snow, and every deer track I saw had a coyote track following it. With low fur price there needs to be, Open season and bounty . They are a invasive species in NY and should be treated as such.

29-Mar-22
So many trappers have quit with the low fur prices I think the number of coyotes is exploding. I know of a couple of houndsmen who took 51 this year , almost all in just Genesee county.

31-Mar-22

It turned out to be an excellent last two days of the season! The shack in the background was delivered last fall. Electric heat, TV, and queen bed inside. 65 yards from two dead cows. I'm getting soft in my old age, we used to sleep out in unheated shooting houses at -20. This is better!

01-Apr-22
Way to go Pat, I have 25 acres in 9h and that shack would be perfect on my property... nice and cozy, I would need to heat with wood but that's OK cuz most are hardwood trees on prop. Coyotes are around but I've had red fox dens every year since I bought in '97... sometimes the yotes kill the pups than next season mom puts den closer to my house.

06-Apr-22
Great pics Pat. Good job!

08-Jun-22
Great work Pat! The yots are getting out of control. I hear them all night and see them constantly out of season during spring gobbler. Are you doing any calling or simply sitting over the dead cows? I really would like to put a dent in my coyote population.

11-Jun-22
I called one night last year and a young male ran in. Killed him. But that’s the only time I called. Camping all night on the cows are much more effective. I think I got 9 last year. Every kill helps.

• Sitka Gear