xtroutx 13-Apr-22
Drop Tine 27-May-22
Trickle rut 27-May-22
MjF 27-May-22
Drop Tine 27-May-22
MjF 29-May-22
Drop Tine 29-May-22
11-Apr-22
Health is important, take care of yourselves. Had a heart attack tonight while playing basketball, going to have a stint put in. I’m ok

11-Apr-22
WOW! You dodged the bullet on that one. You were probably with folks who could help and that was good. Good luck with everything. Hope all goes well.

11-Apr-22
Get well soon. Good that you got the health care in time.

11-Apr-22
Mjf,,,, Take care !! >>>---->

11-Apr-22
Wow MJF, thats scary! Glad you are okay.

11-Apr-22
MJF Take care, Prayers sent.

11-Apr-22
I wish you the best MJF.

11-Apr-22
God Bless,,,, Prayers sent.................... hang in there brother, you will be fine

11-Apr-22
Luckley you were close to people and did not have to get out of the woods first somewhere. Glad your OK and it was not a bad heart attack.

11-Apr-22
My prescription---more hunting and fishing

11-Apr-22
Listen to your body, I had signs weeks ago that something was wrong.

11-Apr-22
Good luck MjF with your speedy recovery. Just play H.O.R.S.E. for awhile

11-Apr-22
Good luck recover fast

11-Apr-22
Take care Mike and hope you have a speedy recovery

11-Apr-22
Good luck on your recovery. What signs did you have a few weeks ago? What signs did you have while playing bball?

11-Apr-22
Keep us posted, I’m glad you got help! Prayers sent

11-Apr-22
Glad you’re going to be ok.

11-Apr-22
80% blockage and stent is in place, all done, going home tomorrow

11-Apr-22
Glad to hear procedure went well, best for a speedy recovery.

11-Apr-22
Glad everything is going good now. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

11-Apr-22
Glad to hear the procedure is done and will be home soon. We’ll be back to chasing big bucks before you know it. Getting older is a reminder to hunt smarter and enjoy each hunt. I’m guilty of pushing myself physically too hard sometimes.

11-Apr-22
Glad your OK Mike. A Doctor friend of mine likes to make this statement . " after age 50 your biological purpose is gone . Medical science & dumb luck keep you alive " .

Had the big one 14 years ago carrying a Turkey , shotgun ,& backpack across a cornfield on a 80 degree day . Had 5 bypasses the next day .

Gang , get those yearly physicals .

11-Apr-22
Prayers to a quick recovery.

11-Apr-22
Great news Mike. Hope all goes well for your recovery. I had a friend a couple of years ago that had a heart attack. Count his lucky stars there was someone there. They called med flight. On the way to the hospital he flat lined eleven times. He had a clogged artery and a stent was put in he's doing great now, back bowhunting and fishing.

11-Apr-22
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

HF43

11-Apr-22
Glad all turned out OK. Hope whatever recovery you have is short and complete.

11-Apr-22
Good luck, glad to hear a positive outcome so far.

11-Apr-22
Living ain't easy, and dying is even harder, but living good is the hardest. I'm sure most of us could use a bit of a life change, and sharing your scary experience might help someone rethink what they might be doing wrong, or what they could do better. I'm glad to hear you are able to send the message, and hope you have a great recovery. I know every time I hear someone go through this sort of event, they analyze intently what they could do differently. I hope you find your way. Glad to have you here Mike!

11-Apr-22
Glad you are OK, speedy recovery

12-Apr-22
MjF, what were some of the signs you saw?

12-Apr-22
On and off pain in right arm, heart burn but different feeling but still thought it was heart burn, jaw also was uncomfortable at times, neck also felt funny. I was in the middle of a basketball game when I had my heart attack, chest felt heavy. If your having strange symptoms don’t hesitate to go, funny thing was all my test came out good until they ran the enzyme blood test, it was very high meaning my heart had damage, until then that’s when they new it was a heart attack

12-Apr-22
Wow, do what the doctors say for recovery. Does your employer provide health care?

12-Apr-22
Jeff, Insurance is through my wife “government”. So we have good insurance

12-Apr-22
I spent Monday morning in the ER. My BP spiked to 206 over 104. Blood tests came back good for no heart attack or kidney damage. so now they are working on dosages with my meds to get a handle on it. No explanation as to why all of a sudden it happened. Lucky not to stroke out.

Take care of your selves boys

On another note, every nurse and Dr. I saw were traveling kind and only there on a temporary bases. Thank god at least they were there. First time I’ve had a I V started by the aid of ultrasound. I have deep veins that are hard to feel and find. She got it on the first jab. :)

13-Apr-22
Drop Tine I had two traveling nurses, one to draw blood and one doing the Echo Cardiogram, they are so short-handed, it is not uncommon for 16hr shifts, many retired or simply found other jobs when Covid hit. Everyone was awesome, not one complaint

13-Apr-22
I have been lucky enough to have married a nurse. She is retiring this July1. She started in her field back in 1974. She has seen a lot of changes from the 70s to the present. We were married back in 1975 and she deserves to rest. God bless the nurses and doctors.

13-Apr-22
Good luck. Don’t let it slow you down.

13-Apr-22
DT..I hope they get it under control for you. High blood pressure is nothing to mess with. Good luck to you.

27-May-22
Thanks xtroutx, blood pressure is back on track 120’s /70’s

MJF, how’s things going for you?

27-May-22
Good to hear your health is improving. Godspeed

27-May-22
Thanks DT for your concern. As of right now I’m sick, sore throat and extremely fatigued, slept 11 hours yesterday, prior to this I’m always tired it doesn’t seem to go away, I’m back to playing basketball but it’s not the same, I’m forcing myself to get to the gym, I felt better right after the attack, I don’t know if my body took more of a hit than I thought, is it the meds? I don’t know, very frustrating and concerning. On a brighter note met up with another bowsiter this morning we took down two stands that got stranded last December and I put up a few trail cameras over some scrapes.

27-May-22
Meds can mess you up I experienced that with my BP meds until they got it correct and don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself and don’t feel trapped taking medications or dosages that make you feel like crap if that is the case.

I hope you feel better soon!

29-May-22
Covid positive, what else can go wrong

29-May-22
If you are within the first five days of symptoms call your doctor and check on the oral treatment they have now. I hear it works good.

• Sitka Gear