Muddyboots 27-Apr-22
ixsolracxi 27-Apr-22
Stevencraig 27-Apr-22
Stevencraig 27-Apr-22
ABQ_Chica 28-Apr-22
bad bob 05-May-22
bad bob 05-May-22
26-Apr-22
picked up a muzzle loader tag for the valles caldera looking for a guide for 5 days thanks for any info

26-Apr-22
picked up a muzzle loader tag for the valles caldera looking for a guide for 5 days thanks for any info

26-Apr-22
To help find elk or field judge?

27-Apr-22
Can't help you about a guide. Unless you are totally new to any hunting, you should be able to find an elk on your own. That place is loaded and the bulls should still be bugling.

27-Apr-22
Definitely don't need a guide on the caldera.

27-Apr-22
Frito, i recommend you call Extreme Pursuit Outfitters, Ray Cortez.

27-Apr-22
Frito, i recommend you call Extreme Pursuit Outfitters, Ray Cortez.

28-Apr-22
Congrats! That's a great tag to draw. I'm not 100% sure, but you might be limited to outfitters approved by the Caldera. Their list is at https://www.nps.gov/vall/planyourvisit/hunting-guides.htm.

05-May-22
definantly need a guide in 6b...nm resident been there twice on muzzle...IF you want a big bull dont go in there by yourself...you gotta know where the water is and where they have been taken in the past...you will NEVER draw that tag again...elk hunting in 6b is still hunting...you can go in there and get excited about a 290-300 bull but you can do much better with an experienced guide..ive hunted for 50 years in nm...i killed a 338 and coulda killed a bigger one but couldnt keep my finger of the trigger.. i went with eddie ortega, nm hunters.google him up...he is the real deal

05-May-22
my guide with eddie ortega was the former director of vc...you cant do better than that...not to make anyone puke but i drew 16d rifle in nm...going with bud womack of quality outfitters out of datil...hunted 16b unsucessfully with him 8 years ago in a tuff area...hes the real deal too...ive hunted from the yukon to mexico and all parts in between...spent hours on the computer, maybe you can benefit from my experience

• Sitka Gear