KHunter 13-Aug-22
KHunter 13-Aug-22
Oryx35 14-Aug-22
Moche 15-Aug-22
Moche 15-Aug-22
02-May-22

KHunter's embedded Photo
KHunter's embedded Photo
Well, I was beyond lucky to pull the lone NR archery antelope tag for unit 16. Guess it was about 1% draw odds. Crawling after lope is a favorite. Have arrowed a few spot and stalk in CO, UT and WY. They got the best o me in AZ and NV but still had a great hunt. Photo is a UT lope I decoyed in...

Looking forward to this hunt!

If anyone with a bit of experience bowhunting pronghorn in unit 16 would be willing to share a few insights I should consider as I start planning for the hunt, please feel free to msg me.

Thanks!

KHunter Kirby Wynn

02-May-22
Congrats! I've been trying to draw that tag as a resident for years. A good buddy killed a B&C pronghorn out there with a rifle a few years ago.

One piece of advice is to watch where you camp and drive. A hard rain turns all of the low lying areas into truck eating gumbo.

06-May-22

KHunter's embedded Photo
KHunter's embedded Photo
thanks!

Willing to try most anything when it comes to chasing pronghorn, preferably not in a blind.

30-May-22
I have hunted it twice from blinds and stalk. Wear snake chaps and watch where you crawl. I had some scary close encounters with parrie rattlers. I held out for 84 plus and went home empty. Pm me for info

05-Aug-22
Headed in today. Should be fun!

06-Aug-22
Good luck! Post up results when you're back!

09-Aug-22
How did the Hunt go. I will be out there in two weeks for the rifle hunt.

11-Aug-22
If you get service. See lots of goats in collins park and by the satellite dishes— VLA or whatever, hard to miss

12-Aug-22
Daughter killed her first one out of Collins Park last year. will check it out. know the country (all 16) well, hunted the first Elk hunt ever done there and have killed many a Bull, Bucks and antelope, opening day for me can not come soo enough.

13-Aug-22
Had a great hunt and hunted 16D and E for the most part. And of course that included Collins and most all the 16E country including VLA area. Did not kill but had lots of stalks and was holding out for a whopper for the most part. Tons of pics and vids and stories of the hunt I share on a different, far more active hunting forum HT.

Moche, glad you know the unit so well. Good for you. But not willing to offer a shred of relevant info pertaining to the purpose of the thread after killing all those critters since the down of time? Located a few giants that are still out there, should be a piece of cake with a rifle.

13-Aug-22
bowsite handling of photos bites.

13-Aug-22

KHunter's embedded Photo
KHunter's embedded Photo
One of many stalks. Me on the right. Was working great with a bethedecoy outfit and a doe decoy till another hunter blew it up.

14-Aug-22
Tough hunt. Thanks for posting up the recap.

15-Aug-22
Sorry you did not harvest. lots of country to cover in three days and like you only looking for a toad. Always seems like when you got a stock going someone else shows up. happens more times than not.

15-Aug-22
KHunter, really have not been back in the unit since last year. having hunted it so much I have seen animals most everywhere so could not give you relevant info that would not be very old. sometimes knowing it so well is a curse as I never know where to start so I just start at the VLA and Move west than south. The larger bucks seem to be in the Timber but with three days that is hard to do unless you just get lucky. Glad you made some good memories.

• Sitka Gear