Two Feathers 15-May-22
Pasquinell 15-May-22
groundhunter50 15-May-22
retro 15-May-22
Two Feathers 15-May-22
groundhunter50 15-May-22
dupontcheesepy12 02-Jun-22
05-May-22
Last week, I got sold my crossbow that I bought 3 years ago and went back to a compound bow. At 70 YO, I couldn't smoothly pull back the minimum poundage, so I thought the x bow would be the solution. It was for awhile, but then I discovered that many new compounds have a wide range of adjustable draw weight for youths to seniors. I am now the proud owner of a new Mathews compound, set to 45#. Love it and I am shooting more with no stress.

05-May-22
Congratulations, enjoy the journey!

05-May-22
Puts the fun back in to archery, good for you.

05-May-22
Tuesday I stopped by Appletree Archery in Manitowoc. The prices on their new Mathews compounds ranged from about $350 to $900 plus. If anyone is interested Appletree Archery is "for sale".

05-May-22
Congrats on the new bow!!!!

05-May-22
Always fun getting new stuff. My Hoyt Carbon Spyder is set at 48 pounds, it has 75 percent let off, and is a dream to shoot....... After selling alot of my heavy recurves and long bows, I have a new recurve coming, out of Arkansas. As a left hander, to find a stick, that you like, to shoot, is tough............... Used trad bows are way over priced in my opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am looking forward, to getting a new bow also...............

05-May-22
Good going Vilas. I'm 1 year behind you in age and last year bought the Bowtech Solution SS. Maxed out at #52 lbs and shoots smooth as silk. No need for a string rifle here. Shot placement is everything and always has been regardless of poundage.

05-May-22
I have a Mission Hype bow which is adjustable from about 20"-30" (in 1 inch increments) and something like 20lb-70lb. Only tool needed to adjust everything is just a hex wrench. The shop in Rhinelander set me up with it as my very first bow and I'm glad they did.

Very nice to be able to easily adjust length and weight when you're just getting started, working your way through some shoulder pain, etc.

05-May-22
Congrats. Getting a new bow can be exciting and almost an adventure. You learn about it, how it handles, how it shoots, how you need to set it up, and then what you can and cannot do with it. It's fun. I always learn a lot from a new bow and then there's the sense of satisfaction when you realize you've got it where you want it and it performs to your level. Good for you Vilas,....I, and it seems a number of others on this forum, wish you the best with your new bow. Enjoy, enjoy.

06-May-22
Congrats on your new bow. Hope you enjoy it and the challenges it brings. Have fun.

06-May-22
Vilas, good luck and welcome back to bowhunting.

06-May-22
73 yrs. olds and still shooting my 53# longbow! Been shooting my trad gear for 63 yrs. and loving it!

06-May-22
There you go bobbinhood, they just do not understand what bowhunting is about, I am just several years behind you and still enjoying 'the bow' that was given to us, but the barn door was open since the 70s and no going back for the 99%ers, just got worst with the x-bow and airbow that is coming.

06-May-22
Welcome to bow and arrow hunting, best of luck.

07-May-22
Vilas..good deal to stick with it. I ended up getting a V3 that had been a staff bow so it cost quite a bit less. I turn 70 in October and i am looking forward to the archery season. I got a bunch of help from the staff at A1 in Hudson and I really appreciated it.

09-May-22
Thank you everyone for the very nice comments. This is my 4th bow purchased from West Towne Archery. The are very helpful and very patient to work with. My former 3 bows were all traded in for what I felt was a fair price, especially since I didn't have to deal with on-line critics or low-ballers.

15-May-22
I looked at some new bows yesterday. Hoyt had the most expensive @ $1,800. Some of the Matthews I picked up I was surprised by how light they were. My mentee got his Matthews Mission bow his grandfather gave him rebuilt from a 29" draw to 25 1/2" draw, new arrows, sighted in and ready to hunt. Both are lefties. Must be genetic.

I'm in the market for a new bow, my last new bow. I've decided on a Shrew Classic Hunter II Siberian Tiger longbow 52" and pulling 40 or 45 lbs. I mentioned it to my wife yesterday so it looks like a go. Now I have to put in an order and wait a half a year or more for it to be built.

15-May-22
Two Feathers - did you hear that Ron passed away?

15-May-22
Tom,,,, try calling Northern Outfitters, in Iron Mountain MI, on hwy 2. That guy has hunted with Ron for the last 30 years. He carries Schrew bows, and may have something for you............. Guy has a nice trad shop, as part of his buisness

15-May-22
Aren't the Shrew line of bows made by Bodnik bows? I thought they were for some time now. I could be wrong....

15-May-22
Pasquinell, Yes I did. It was big news on the Leatherwall.

retro, yes the Shrew line is made by Bodnik bows in Germany and have been for awhile. Henry Bodnik distributes in Europe and a fellow in Indiana distributes in USA.

Mike I checked out Northern Outfitters and they have zero bows.

15-May-22
Okay,, it was just a thought..............

02-Jun-22
Bought a Pse drive, 60 lb. Limbs, good to 80 yards, can be cranked down to 40lbs. And my grave.

• Sitka Gear