bghunter 15-May-22
groundhunter50 15-May-22
groundhunter50 15-May-22
bghunter 15-May-22
retro 15-May-22
bghunter 15-May-22
skookumjt 18-May-22
14-May-22
So I tried reaching out to the DNR and was on hold for forever.

If I draw a tag, which I should with 12 points, and can't go due to possible medical issues can you turn the tag back in and not lose the points?

14-May-22
I always thought you lost your points.

14-May-22
I wasn't sure, I know some states you can turn them back in and not lose points. I just hate to burn 12 points and not go.

Of course I won't know about surgery till well after the deadline for bobcat. Ugh

14-May-22
Why apply and wait I believe one can still buy tags over the counter in Mn. The season limit at one time was 5.

14-May-22
Wis its all about money, its a big game animal... MI resident trappers get 2 tags..... 12 years of points, you could have drawn twice already................... pretty good odds.....

Easy to check, just ask the DNR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I have the feeling you will lose them, if you draw, and do not use them,,,,,,,,,,, just call their customer service number, pretty easy to find out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck, with all, and your health

14-May-22
Didn't know a bobcat was considered big game?

14-May-22
I don't know but I would be really surprised if they let you. Good luck...

14-May-22
Well if its not considered big game, why is there a need for points?

14-May-22
I've known hunters that had surgeries and got their bear points back. I can't believe a bobcat tag would be any different.

14-May-22
I believe you can change your selection for the tag either way up to a certain number of hours before the draw. I just don’t remember the number.

15-May-22
Thanks guys. I will try calling them again and hope I don't get put on hold for forever and can actually talk to someone.

Thanks for well wishes on health. It would be another corneal transplant this time the right eye. They are just not sure yet and won't know until Sept or Oct.

15-May-22
I call them alot, never waited much. they answer 7am to 10pm 7 days a week, what number are you calling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nice service they give. Wish their centers were open, but what can you do.........................

15-May-22
Here, hope this helps....... I just called the DNR, was on hold for 3 minutes. I asked your question directly as you stated. The service rep Casey, said, no problem. If you draw a tag, for the period you want, and are unable to hunt, due to medical reasons, they will assist you with a medical form, that your doctor can sign, and return to them, That way you will not lose any points for the future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Just call them when this happens, hopefully it will not. good luck

15-May-22
Your the best Thank you for the help.

15-May-22
That's good news....

15-May-22
Looks like I can now apply and hopefully add a Bobact to my MT Lion

18-May-22
Or you can just go into your GoWild account and change your application to be for a point only and you won't have to worry about it. Depending on your zone/time, you won't draw with 12 in some places.

• Sitka Gear