Moultrie Mobile
SW Michigan Turkey
Michigan
Contributors to this thread:
Zim 16-May-22
Zim 16-May-22
16-May-22
Looking for some guidance on how the Michigan turkey draw works and leftover tags. I read everything in the proclamations but was still a bit confused. I normally hunt IL, IN & WI every year, but the populations at my 2 WI public properties collapsed in the last 3 years. Used to be great, but no more. Didn’t want to pay Michigan’s high nonresident fees, but I live so close by in NW Indiana my travel cost would be minimal. I actually travel the entire state of Michigan now for work, and could get most my expenses covered, but if I could find some public in the SW corner could drive from home for day hunts. Any starter advice welcome. I will begin my scouting next weekend near Buchanan & Bridgeman, seems like zone ZF. I have no doubt MI has some great public turkey opportunities due to its conservative bird management. Thanks.

16-May-22
Lol well after spending several hours searching the MDNR interactive map, I can see why nobody replied. There are only a handful of small WMA’s & HAP’s in Berrien County. That’s fine, made a call to the DNR and got instructions on how to utilize the HAP’s, and confirmed there are leftover tags for public land in zone ZF May 14-30. So when I return home I’ll be doing some scouting while hunting beginning Saturday. Should be able to scout all 6 or 7 public parcels by Sunday.

• Sitka Gear