Old Reb 17-May-22
mattandersen 17-May-22
goyt 18-May-22
Rocky D 13-Jun-22
Rocky D 13-Jun-22
mattandersen 16-Jun-22
Rocky D 21-Jun-22
17-May-22
So I've been fortunate enough to have been able to manage and exclusively hunt 184 acres of rugged timber in Tusc county since 2014. I worked a construction project in the area and through that was able to gain permission to hunt this amazing land. The property literally borders a boy scout camp or sanctuary and more private land around that so the hunting has been fantastic. The boy scout camp ended up getting a grant through the state and is taking over the property this summer. The owner was asking 1.7 million for the land so no one touched it at that price and I was glad as I could keep hunting...haha the property has been for sale since 2018. Sad, sad day for me and my boy. I knew this day would come and my heart is broken. I tried never to take it for granted what I had and I shared it with many friends. We all know the feeling of losing sacred hunting grounds but the memories will live on forever. Gonna have to try and gain a lease or nock on some doors now!

17-May-22
That’s rough. 1.7m for 184 acres is ridiculous. Land prices are really getting out of hand in Ohio- but that’s at another level unless it’s got improvements.

We’ve all lost great hunting ground, it definitely sucks.

17-May-22
ya she was hoping for a big payout...the land is basically useless to anyone but an outdoor enthusiast...no utilities, nothing flat and nothing cleared. There was an oil well that produced about $1000 a year. Wonderful for deer hunting. Too bad I'm not a wealthy hunter that could afford it I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

17-May-22
Sorry for your loss. I also depend on hunting with permission from private landowners. We have a pretty good deer spot and it use to be a good turkey spot. The lady who owns this property is 84 years old and each year when I get my hunting permission renewed I wonder if it will be the last. Over the years I've lost good hunting spots due to the sale of the property. I wish I would have spent some time getting to intimately know some public land where I wouldn't have to worry about losing hunting permission. I guess it's not too late as long as I'm still able.

17-May-22
Thanks Old Reb, I hope she lives to be 104! haha I've had nothing but bad experiences hunting public but its definitely an option.

18-May-22
That is tough. I hope that you find something good.

13-Jun-22
Maybe you need to come and hunt a week or two with me on the vaunted Ohio public ground.

Probably won’t see the numbers of deer but you can’t beat free!

13-Jun-22
DP

16-Jun-22
haha Mike I just might have to! Still want to take you up on a hog hunt down in Georgia someday too!

21-Jun-22
Matt, you are always welcome!

• Sitka Gear