Contributors to this thread:
horsethief51 25-May-22
Rut Nut 25-May-22
Supernaut 25-May-22
Rut Nut 25-May-22
Supernaut 26-May-22
Rut Nut 26-May-22
25-May-22
Anybody hunt with or get one with a bow this spring? I know Rut put in some time this spring with his bow .

25-May-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I’ll be out every morning the rest of the week.................trying to bag the “neighborhood” gobbler! ;-)

25-May-22
Have not made it out once yet. Work and family stuff.

I'm hoping to make it out this weekend with my Bear Grizzly recurve. There is a group of jakes and one big tom I see morning and evening in the fields behind the house every single day. I can walk to within 100 yards of them when I have my pugs for a walk. This surely means that when I go out hunting them, they will be nowhere to be found. Maybe I'll take the pugs for luck LOL.

Good luck and safe hunting to you Perry and anyone else out after them!

25-May-22
Same here Jim! I heard him gobbling on Sunday around noon while grilling on the back deck. Then heard him yesterday morning when I went out the door to work. I walked over to the edge of the woods and spotted him about 80y out. Couldn’t be late so resigned myself to setting up the blind after work. Of course I didn’t hear or see him last night and same thing this morning before work. Will just have to be persistent and patient I guess....................

Good luck to all of us still chasing these crazy birds! : )

26-May-22

Supernaut's embedded Photo
Supernaut's embedded Photo
I imagine this is what the turkey say to each other when I'm calling them. Maybe I'll stumble across one that is love sick and tone deaf.

26-May-22
LOL! : )

• Sitka Gear