Mathews Inc.
New to hunting OK, need some advise
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Aggie-Erb 11-Jun-22
EmbryOklahoma 14-Jun-22
11-Jun-22
Greetings all. My buddies and I just stroke out on deer tags for our annual trip to Kansas. There are 6 of us that go every year and now we are scrambling to find another trip. We live in Houston, TX and are looking for a week long trip away from real life. I am looking in Oklahoma and after looking online a bit, Three Rivers WMA keeps on coming up as a great place to hunt Whitetail. So I will obviously do my research but I figure there has to be outfitters out there that can help us out so we are not going in completely blind since we won't have a chance to scout any. Does anyone have recommendations for certain areas or have any outfitter contacts that would be able to help. Thank you.

14-Jun-22
Never heard of any outfitters down that way, but I’d bet if you bought some locals a couple cases of beer or a big ol’ bag of weed, they’d let you in on where they do most of their poaching. One thing I do know, there’s lots of Texans already hunting there.

But really… get up for a weekend before season and scout a bit. It’s definitely not a Kansas farm/creek hunt. You’ll earn it. Good luck.

• Sitka Gear