Mathews Inc.
Let’s get rid of the PINK envelopes! ;-)
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Rut Nut 07-Jul-22
hawkeye in PA 07-Jul-22
Rut Nut 07-Jul-22
BC173 07-Jul-22
hawkeye in PA 07-Jul-22
tobywon 08-Jul-22
Bowhunter 08-Jul-22
hawk-eye 09-Jul-22
Reid15 09-Jul-22
Red Beastmaster 09-Jul-22
Rut Nut 09-Jul-22
Bowhunting 5C 09-Jul-22
Rut Nut 11-Jul-22
Griz 12-Jul-22
Bowbender 12-Jul-22
Jethro 12-Jul-22
Rut Nut 12-Jul-22
Jethro 12-Jul-22
Reid15 12-Jul-22
dpms 13-Jul-22
Bowbender 13-Jul-22
dpms 13-Jul-22
Bowbender 13-Jul-22
Rut Nut 13-Jul-22
horsethief51 19-Jul-22
Rut Nut 19-Jul-22
Rut Nut 19-Jul-22
Bowhunting 5C 20-Jul-22
SIP 22-Jul-22
SIP 22-Jul-22
Rut Nut 22-Jul-22
SIP 22-Jul-22
Bowhunting 5C 24-Jul-22
Bowbender 26-Jul-22
Jethro 26-Jul-22
Bowhunting 5C 30-Jul-22
Rut Nut 31-Jul-22
Reid15 01-Aug-22
horsethief51 02-Aug-22
hawkeye in PA 13-Sep-22
Rut Nut 13-Sep-22
Dale Hajas 14-Sep-22
07-Jul-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

Rut Nut's Link

07-Jul-22
Wasn't hard to figure out who started this thread, lol. Good luck Rut! Ban them PE's.

07-Jul-22
Yep- I hate them almost as much as rattlesnakes! ;-)

07-Jul-22
Don’t get me wrong, Rut, but I’d like to have FULL SEASON Sunday hunting, before the ending of “pink envelope season”.

07-Jul-22
LOL Rut, can't blame you either!

08-Jul-22
Yea, they should change them to green!!! :)

08-Jul-22
I like the color blue not pink. , let's get Sunday bowhunting and late season Sundays in before we change the envelopes we've been using since the 80s ...

09-Jul-22
Yea, get rid of those pink rattlesnakes Rut.

09-Jul-22
All I can say is the pink envelope lobby must be pretty powerful. I still haven't heard a compelling argument for why they are needed.

I'm afraid I would miss them though. I wrote 16 checks since the beginning of July 2021, 6 of them were to "county treasurer".

09-Jul-22
It's a seasonal rite of passage before bowseason, just like sharpening broadheads. Gets me thinking of stand placements and close encounters. :)

09-Jul-22
Art- it’s a mystery................. the only checks I write all year are for doe tags.

The Pink Envelope lovers must be those bookworms back in high school that asked for more homework! ;-)

09-Jul-22
Send these stupid pink envelopes the way of the Dinasaur!

Be done with them!

11-Jul-22
I guess I have to start filling these stupid things out...........................................I always drag my feet in the first round every year. Kinda like that last term paper in H.S. before you graduate..................................... : (

12-Jul-22
I agree with Red........gets me thinking of the upcoming season and is part of the tradition for me. I really do not mind the process one bit. Takes 5 minutes and reminds me how to use a pen and a checkbook once a year! Plenty of stuff to hate the PGC about but this is one thing not on my list.

12-Jul-22
The thing that really jacks me, 'sides the pink envelopes, is the application that comes with the license. Half the time you can't fill the damn thing out with a ball point pen.

12-Jul-22
Although I don't mind filling out the pinks, certainly will be more convenient to buy online when I get my license. Best thing about the proposal is it eliminates the inconsistency among the county treasurers.

12-Jul-22
Griz- the issue with this system is not the 5 min it takes to fill out the application. It's the fact that I have to keep track of each round and when they are due, make sure I get the stamps and put them on each and every pink envelope, make sure I " DOT EVERY I AND CROSS EVERY T", go thru the checklist every time and still after 20+ years have that uneasy feeling I forgot something................................. then try to figure out which county treasurer to send to this year based on last year's performance........................and hope you sent to the right one(I have several horror stories about treasurers over the years and have spent much time on the phone trying to work things out)....................make a special trip to the post offie to mail it...................................................................then hope the tags actually make it back to you(in time) thru snail mail.............................................

The bottom line is it DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It could be so simple and other states have been doing it (SIMPLY) for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BANGING HEAD ON THE WALL EMOJI ;-)

12-Jul-22
Just received an email from the state. Daughter and my 3D tags have been issued. That was easy:-)

12-Jul-22
I got an email also, that's a step in the right direction at least.

Perry, I go through the same process (and anxiety) you do. Nothing compared to filling out my taxes, but as you said, "it doesn't have to be this way".

13-Jul-22
Everybody gets their first choice at this point in time due to decreasing demand. We are at a place where a hunter should be able to purchase one antlerless tag for the WMU of their choice at the time they purchase their hunting license.

13-Jul-22
OMG.....I can't believe this..... I agree with Gene.

13-Jul-22
I am actually a very believable guy, lol.............. This stuff ain't rocket science. The doe tag race isn't what it used to be. Considering that we used to be a one a done state, times have never been better for deer hunters. It is way past time to streamline the process and get rid of this old and outdated system.

13-Jul-22
"It is way past time to streamline the process and get rid of this old and outdated system."

I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm an old guy that likes to repeat myself. In 2003 we headed to West Virgina to hunt the first week of rifle. I purchased my license, extra buck tag and doe tag. Online. In under 10 minutes. Think about that. West Virginia surpassed us technologically 20 years ago.

13-Jul-22
I am a proud Pennsylvanian so that is really embarrassing to me Tom!

The County Treasurers have been the stumbling block for years. Ever since the PGC started allocating doe tags by WMU instead of County.........................................the treasurers didn;t want to lose that $1 for every application they processed so they lobbied the legislature to keep it the same and handcuff the PGC!

It's kind of ironic....................................county employees lobbying the legislature for MORE work! ;-)

19-Jul-22
My check was cashed by Clarion county today.

19-Jul-22
I actually got mine in the mail yesterday- only mailed it out last Wednesday evening!

VERY interesting how efficient the County Treasurers have become......................now that there is talk of taking them out of the process! ;-)

19-Jul-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

20-Jul-22
"Everybody gets their first choice at this point in time due to decreasing demand. We are at a place where a hunter should be able to purchase one antlerless tag for the WMU of their choice at the time they purchase their hunting license."

Till the boys in 2F and 2G chime in, then the rest of us pay the price for antiquated systems and stupid county treasurers.

22-Jul-22

SIP's embedded Photo
SIP's embedded Photo
SIP's embedded Photo
They know my mail is important to me, so they expedited the damaged envelope back to me….in 4 days……and I didn’t find any stamps in the envelope. Guess I will be cutting and pasting…..
SIP's embedded Photo
They know my mail is important to me, so they expedited the damaged envelope back to me….in 4 days……and I didn’t find any stamps in the envelope. Guess I will be cutting and pasting…..
Dropped my daughter and i’s first rd apps in the mailbox at the post office Sunday morning. Got this back yesterday……..

22-Jul-22
Oh, but nostalgia makes it soooo worth it…lol.

22-Jul-22
I’ve been saying it for years ...............get the USPS AND County Treasurers out of the system! : ( I love that “WE CARE”..............but apparently NOT enough to expedite it to the COUNTY TREASURER!

GOOD THING IT WAS ONLY THE FIRST ROUND!

22-Jul-22
Absolutely right Perry. My unit isn’t going to sell out, so it isn’t a huge deal. But if i was trying to get a tag in one of the units that sold out already and this happened……well…..

Just goes to show how an unnecessary system will inevitably lead to some people not getting the doe tag they may need.

24-Jul-22
Well, you are lucky you got it back. The system we have in place needs to go . And the 6 possession limits in the SRA's gotta go too. They want deer shot, make the tags reflect the need. I do not dig the current system even a little.

26-Jul-22
The only way this will change is if it's taken to court. I have my canceled check, I have the license shown as awarded on my app. If "they" can't get my license to me that's THEIR problem. There has times where my tags didn't arrive until the week before archery. I made up my mind that since I had proof a tag was awarded, I would make a hand written tag. If stopped and ticketed challenege the entire system as burdensome with huge gaps.

And it IS burdensome. Ya I know some on here are thinkin' "It ain't a burden to fill out two envelopes, postage on both, fill out an application that hates ball point pens, drop it in the mail, hope the USPS gets it to the treasurer, they do thier portion, drop it back in the mail, and pray the USPS gets it back to the originator in a timely fashion." When WV surpassed that 20 years ago.

Prolly the same guys that get up, slip their suspenders up, scratch their hairy man @$$, shuffle down to see if the morning paper arrived, get on the party line phone to see if Fred opened the ol general store yet, gotta pick up some vacuum tubes for the TV, hop in the pick up truck, throw the three in the tree in reverse, try to tune the AM dial to the sports station to see who won last nights ball game (scores are actually posted on line, but AOL dial up is too complicated.) Look in the bed of the pick up and see your brother-in-law passed out, right where you left him....

I know, I know....just described 90% of Leatherwallers.

26-Jul-22
Well round 2 is on Monday. If you are envelope challenged, may want to start filling it out now. Good luck.

30-Jul-22
Put mine in the mail Thursday..

Que the early diatribe rebuttal.

31-Jul-22
LMBO Bowbender! But when did Hooterville get Internet???!!! : )

01-Aug-22
Got an email this morning that my 2nd tag was awarded. I haven't gotten my first one yet but I'm sure it will be here any day now (fingers crossed).

02-Aug-22
Mine did not get here yet.

13-Sep-22
Got the rest of my doe tags in that pretty pink envelope today. Should I save the envelope and frame it? Will they become collectables like old licenses?

Just in time delivery, what else could you ask for?

Will probably have to channel these questions through Mr Perry. :)

13-Sep-22
Collect a bunch of those ugly pink envelopes and hopefully when they change the system next year we can have a ceremonial bonfire! : )

14-Sep-22
I have a boatload of them Jeff, not to worry. Thinking of making a flag with them.

• Sitka Gear