Zbone 07-May-23
Old Reb 07-May-23
gjs4 04-Jul-23
Bucknuts 20-Jul-23
Zbone 20-Jul-23
09-Jul-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Neighbor buddy text me this cropped photo today of a black bear taken by if father just over the hill from me... I'd like to see it...

12-Jul-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Photo text me yesterday taken recently near Winfield...

Kinda strange seeing 2 adults with a cub...

12-Jul-22
is this in Bolivar?

12-Jul-22

Zbone's Link
matthew - Photo 1 - near Sandyville, photo 2 - near Winfield... Both taken this past week... Doubt they're the same bears though...

Here a link to New Philly Police dash-cam in 2007 of a bear running through Philly neighborhoods after it ran through Tuscora Park in Philly... I guess it was first spotted in Dover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8rAHXnxn_4

Here's a news report link of one towards Pat's place over around Atwood Lake in 2016... Seems we now have a breeding population around here, but I've yet to see one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2ieP2X3as

13-Jul-22
I think you may be right that there is a small population...a friend spotted one in Bolivar just last week. I grew up hunting in Northern NJ where there is a healthy bear population. It was cool seeing bears while bow hunting. Although it doesn't necessarily help your deer hunt lol

13-Jul-22
I live in Bolivar, I haven't seen it yet... The one your friend seen is probably the same one my buddy's dad filmed over the hill from me...

14-Jul-22
I thought you did...well keep your eyes peeled!

14-Jul-22
Tonight am supposed to connect with my buddy who's dad took the one photoed over the hill... Will try to get details...

16-Jul-22
Learned Thursday this Bolivar area bear is a facebook celebrity... I don't do facebook so haven't seen the photos, but I guess he was seen from I77 the other day...

17-Jul-22
At family function this weekend in my hometown of Dennison learned there is another bear being seen and photographed on facebook last week in the north end of Dennison, so that makes at least 3 different bear locations, or bear groups currently in Tuscarawas County... We need a hunting season...8^)))

11-Oct-22
Last Friday a freind of my son was bowhunting at the old AEP land in Guernsey County and had two black bears come near his tree. First a smaller bear appeared and then a large bear came right to the base of his tree. I have the video he recorded but I don't know how to post it. Can I post a video the same way that I post photos?

11-Oct-22
Was never able to figure out how to post video here either Dennis... I guess ya have to download it to a video site like youtube and link it here... Maybe Pat can instruct us...

12-Oct-22

Zbone's Link
Yeah, youtube first... I've never downloaded a video on youtube so I never tried it, but found these instructions for here:

https://www.bowsite.com/bowhuntingtv/UPLOAD/YTUpload.cfm

21-Oct-22

molsonarcher's embedded Photo
molsonarcher's embedded Photo
Got this guy on my cams in Harrison county

13-Dec-22
Pretty cool to see the bears coming back in Zbone. Thanks for posting

14-Dec-22
Hi Doug, hope all is well with you and family....

Yeah, there were different bears running all around T-county last summer...8^) Heck, one was spotted less than quarter mile from my place but never did see any of them... Harrison and Guernsey County above, would imagine one around Atwood somewhere too...8^)

15-Dec-22
I wondering how long it will take for there to be a huntable population here in the Buckeye? it will happen...its inevitable really. David

17-Dec-22
I really hope they don't get established here. At my NY property I have lots of bears, actually killed my first this past September after 11 years of trying.

But damn are they hard on fawns. A study done in Connecticut using vaginal transmitters that push out (and beacon) when the fawns drop found that black bears were the top predator, followed by Coyotes and bobcats. It was a very interesting result. Bears have noses unlike anything in the woods and they can wipe out lots of fawns.

19-Dec-22
I would like to see a huntable population of black bear in Ohio but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime. I would gladly trade a few whitetail for more bear. It would be nice if Ohio had more big game diversity. The neighboring states of Michigan, Pa., W Va. , and Kentucky have deer, bear, bobcat, and some limited elk hunting. While all we have is the whitetailed deer. I would also like to see bobcat hunting with hounds become a reality some day. It could be Ohio's version mt. lion hunting. I'm all for more big game opportunities in the Buckeye state.

19-Dec-22
Yeah, I too could get into hound hunting bobcats, as a kid grew up with running coonhounds and beagles and after while working down in WV for 6 months in the early 80's, got to know a guy down there who hunted bears with hounds and got an invite, but never went back after the job was over...

Then later in life lost the desire to hunt bears after an episode at a deerfarmer friend's place who also had a pet black bear raised from a cub and the dang thing was almost humanistic... Seen then how Native Americans could revere them... It'd actually try and make you laugh by doing somersaults and wrestling around in a big cage with a big dog... You could tell it was trying to entertain... Dangest thing I'd seen...

Kinda sux too because I grew up wanting to hunt Griz after seeing Fred Bear's WR Brown bear film footage, but after my experience with the pet cub, lost my desire... Then after reading Jay Massey's thoughts on killing habitualized bears over baits solidified this undesire...

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you, but in self defense, the bear's going down...8^)

07-May-23
Our local bear is still around, a buddy seen it from I77 the other day...

07-May-23
Like^^^^

04-Jul-23
No pics to share but there is one near Athens a number of folks have seen

20-Jul-23

Bucknuts's embedded Photo
Bucknuts's embedded Photo
Somebody got a picture of one wondering through Holmes county

20-Jul-23
Maybe heading for the hunting blind to take a nap...8^) Wouldn't that freak ya out, open your blind to find a black bear...8^) Well at least it wouldn't be a Black Mamba like Pat's...8^)

• Sitka Gear