horsethief51 15-Sep-22
Rut Nut 15-Sep-22
Woody 16-Sep-22
Rut Nut 16-Sep-22
Rut Nut 19-Sep-22
15-Jul-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Hunt dates this year are Sept. 22-24 And we will again be based out of the Kutztown Campground. You can check in after noon on Wed. 9/21(or if you want to help us set up, you can get there as early as 8am. ;-)

15-Jul-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Dan Smoker and the guys have been out checking in with farmers and doing a little “scouting”.....................

He says the farmers/landowners are reporting “seeing lots of twins and even triplets this year............... “

This deer came out of the corn on one of their visits.

15-Jul-22
I just had to share...............................................an e-mail from one of the landowners:

Please feel free to Kill as many deer as possible.

I had to cover the lilies and hostas with netting because the deer were eating the lily buds and hosta leaves and flowers.

The deer numbers are up. The increased deer traffic has caused near washouts at the edge of our property along the road.

Their hooves ripped the vegetation off the incline. That followed by torrential rains turning their access into a gully.

We have lived here 45 years and the deer damage has increased exponentially. The final blow was when the orchards down the road were completely fenced in.

So, kill them all.

Thanks

15-Jul-22
Do you mean retired Dan?

15-Jul-22
No- Dan Smoker our 5C Hunt Property Manager

15-Jul-22
Sign me up!!

15-Jul-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Art- you’re one of our best Bowhunters (and donors ), so you are ALREADY signed up! ;-)

16-Jul-22
Thanks Perry but you're giving me too much credit. Just trying to follow the lead of the group.

16-Jul-22
Well, you certainly are!

18-Jul-22
Being that we're moving to the "Big Tent" philosophy, are crossbows allowed in camp for able bodied people?

18-Jul-22
Our primary goal for this hunt has always been to help the landowners reduce deer damage by taking as many deer off their properties as possible. Also to donate as many of those deer as possible to Hunter’s Sharing the Harvest. We have had able-bodied crossbow users at the 5C Hunt in the past Bob. This is not a new thing.

18-Jul-22
Can't wait!! Always much fun and good folk!

19-Jul-22
We did? Since when?

03-Aug-22
No answer to my question. Let me ask this; Since the UBP has accepted crossbows for their able-bodied members, and allowed them to participate in UBP functions, how many new members has it created?

03-Aug-22
Bob- We have had a few since they became legalized for everyone. It's not something we keep track of so I can;t give you specifics on who, what, when.........................................I just know there have been a few over the years. Like I said, our concern for this hunt is to kill as many deer as possible to help the landowners and HSH, so we're not concerned with what weapon is used.

I have no idea how many new members it has brought in...............................that would be a question for the BOD or Office Manager. But I'm not even sure we would be able to determine that, since I don;t believe we keep track of what weapons members use.

03-Aug-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
We just want to see a cooler full of deer! ;-)

03-Aug-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
And a bunch of pink slips! : )

03-Aug-22

20-Aug-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
The guys are checking some of the 5C farms today. Plenty of corn damage!

26-Aug-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Getting some interest from some new folks this year. Might push our record for attendance.................

29-Aug-22
Cool! I'll bring the Big Momma Award with me, but will fight hard not to relinquish it!!

29-Aug-22
That guy in the forefront of the last picture Always talks up the 5c hunt.

29-Aug-22
That is Mr King to you Bill.

30-Aug-22
Sounds good Jen!

Gene has always been a great “promoter” of the 5C Hunt! Always great to have he and Ella in camp!

Got another new hunter to sign up last night...................

30-Aug-22
Can't wait to see all of you.

30-Aug-22
Lol junior

31-Aug-22
Same here Jen! Can’t believe it is only 3 weeks away!

31-Aug-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
This will be our view soon!

31-Aug-22
Double post

02-Sep-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
It felt like I should be in a treestand this morning! 46* in Pike Co................

02-Sep-22
Rut, gotta say at least the rest is on the correct side of the bow. Lefties rule..

03-Sep-22
Yes! But did you notice the bow holder got put On the wrong side of the new (to me) bow?! ;-)

03-Sep-22

Smoke's embedded Photo
She was this high at the shoulders
Smoke's embedded Photo
She was this high at the shoulders
Out doing some 5C farm scouting. How big was that doe Perry???

03-Sep-22
That will definitely win the "Big Mama" award!

04-Sep-22
Think it was DOEZILLA! LOL! : )

Found a lot of good sign and good spots for treestands and ground blinds on this new property. Big enough for at least 8 hunters.

Not a lot of white oaks with acorns this year- at least on the 3 farms we checked. But we did mark the map with the few trees that were producing! ;-)

04-Sep-22
Perry, just make sure the mouth call is on the CORRECT side of your mouth when you shoot. LOL.

04-Sep-22
LOL! I don’t think I will ever make that mistake AGAIN, Art! : )

05-Sep-22
Hoping I can find everything for the 5C hunt. We are moving the weekend before, and don't have a camper this year. So much going on!!!

06-Sep-22
Oh wow! Good luck with the move Jen! And if you forget something, let us know. We usually have extra harnesses, releases, binoculars etc................. that you could borrow. One year "somebody" forgot the duffle bag with all his "casual" clothes and had to borrow some from the guys! (luckily he remembered his hunting clothes ;-)

08-Sep-22

Smoke's embedded Photo
More deer damage at one of our 5c farms.
Smoke's embedded Photo
More deer damage at one of our 5c farms.

Smoke's Link

08-Sep-22

Smoke's Link

09-Sep-22
Do you need to sign up ahead of time, or can you just show up Weds? Thinking I may be able to come early and help set up.

09-Sep-22
Ron- we try to get a rough idea of how many will be attending/participating so we have enough food (Pizza on Friday and Pig Roast on Saturday).....................but it is not mandatory. You can do everything when you get to camp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

09-Sep-22
DON'T FORGET FOLKS: Doe tags go OVER THE COUNTER on Monday 9/12/22 and you can get 5C doe tags at ANY county treasurer!

13-Sep-22
TTT for Cazador

13-Sep-22
Wishing you guys and girls the best of luck! Sounds like a great time.

13-Sep-22
Thanks Gene!

Dan Smoker our property manager just texted me that one of our largest property owners(he operates 5 farms) called him tonight PLEADING for us to KILL DEER!

That’s what we love to hear! : )

13-Sep-22
Well, I now have 3 5C tags! Only wanted 2, but Treasurers office made a mistake. Game ON!

14-Sep-22
"Treasurer's office made a mistake?!" Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

14-Sep-22

Rut Nut's Link
There was a nice article in one of the local papers...........................

14-Sep-22
What a great write up! You all should be proud of the reputation you have built over the years.

14-Sep-22
Thanks for the kind words Art, but without guys and gals like you, Hunntingal, Teeton, Dale, Mitch, Bill v, Bob McArthur and others on here it would not be the success it has been over the years!

Hard to believe this started with 5 of us hunting for one day in Lehigh County back in 2005!

It shows what can happen when a group of dedicated Bowhunters partner with local landowners, farmers, butchers and Hunters Sharing the Harvest! It’s a WIN for all involved!

15-Sep-22
I will be in Berks county near Fleetwood for the next 5 days, armed with a 5C doe tag. I should have 3 days to hunt and hope to get the 5c hunt started "unofficially" a little early. Rut could you tell me where the local Hunters Sharing the Harvest is that you use?

15-Sep-22
Sounds great Art! We use Mark Martin- he should be close to you.

Berks Mark Martin Meats Mark Martin 390 Hinterleiter Rd. Kutztown, PA 19530 610.682.0451

16-Sep-22
Planning on being there at 10:00 on Weds to help set up. Looks like Fri will be my only day to hunt.

16-Sep-22
Thanks Ron-see you soon!

19-Sep-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Weather looks really good! Nice to see 40’s for lows in the AM!

• Sitka Gear