x-man 25-Jul-22
Michael 28-Jul-22
Starfire 31-Jul-22
No Mercy 02-Aug-22
LungBuster 02-Aug-22
TonyBear 06-Aug-22
South Farm 16-Aug-22
21-Jul-22
My 13 year old daughter's national volleyball tournament will be in Minneapolis the middle of June in 2023. Every year my daughter and I go on a big fishing trip, in year's past we have fished the Co. river south of the dam for 3 days and went into the mountains of the La Sals and northern lakes in Az. Since I'll already be there I was hoping to add a few days (2 - 3 nights) on the end of the trip with 3 or 4 other dads and their daughters to make it a fun fishing trip. Looking for something not too far from the big city and I don't need to be away from it all. I'm not looking for a guided trip although maybe for one day depending on the lake but more some outfit with a cabin and boat rental. We would just load up on food and cook in the cabin. I really appreciate any help and I can certainly help with hunting information in my home state of Arizona.

25-Jul-22
I'm not too familiar with the metro area fishing. Probably not a whole lot of walleye lakes there. That area gets pounded with pleasure boating. Lake Minnetonka is huge and holds lots of bass, and would have guides and rentals. Walleye like quiet waters during the daylight.

The MN DNR website has a tool called "Lake Finder" . You type in a lake and it will show you the fish population by species taken during surveys. That's a real good indicator which lakes hold a fishable population.

If you were going to be in western MN I'd guide you myself for free.

28-Jul-22

Michael's embedded Photo
A plump 24”
Michael's embedded Photo
A plump 24”
If you want to stay close to the cities and fish a good walleye lake. Mille Lacs is your lake. Not sure what the regs will be for next year as keeping walleyes goes. It changes every year. This year you can keep one 20 to 23” walleye I believe.

Mille lacs is a great walleye lake and a great smallmouth lake.

FYI if your daughter is under 16 she will go under your limit for keeping fish.

I am located in the western part of the state as well. Haven’t fished Mille lacs for a few years but the lake fishes the same as it always has. Middle of June I would focus on sand rock transitions on the East to northeast side of the lake. 8’ to 16’ of water.

I might be able to partner up with X man. lol

I run a 895 Recon with a 150 Hp on it. It fishes 3 good but 4 is doable.

31-Jul-22
Look into the Mississippi River near Red Wing. Pool 4-Everts Resort although I have never stayed there, they do have guides.

02-Aug-22
Mille Lacs is an hour or so north of the cities. Josh Douglas is an excellent walleye and small mouth guide, as well as a reputable pro-fisherman. The lake also holds some HUGE muskies if that is of interest to you.

02-Aug-22
I really appreciate everyone responding, this is another reason Bowsite is the best. It has some quality people! Thanks for all the great options, I sent out a few PMs. Shoot straight.

06-Aug-22
Lake Pepin South of the Cities or St. Croix river to the East and North. You can get into some really good fishing 40 minutes out of Mpls (Murderapolis these days...)

16-Aug-22
Those aren't really murders, Tony, just "good boys" trying to turn their lives around..

• Sitka Gear