Canoe outriggers to loan?
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
KHunter 21-Jul-22
RT 21-Jul-22
KHunter 21-Sep-22
Treeline 21-Sep-22
21-Jul-22
Wonder if any of my Colorado bowsite pals might have a set of clamp-on outriggers for a canoe that I might borrow for my moose hunt?

Seems a great way to turn a canoe from a tippy/challenging proposition to an effective moose hunting rig.

I have an archery bull moose hunt in southeast Idaho on very flat meandering section of the Henry’s Fork of the Snake River. The canoe will use is already up there and would like take some out Riggers up there to clamp onto it.

I could happily try to repay the favor in moose meat! Have an archery cow moose tag in Colo as well so a decent chance of getting at least one moose.

Please DM me if interested in helping a fellow hunter out with canoe outriggers you may not be using in late August/early Sept and late Sept/early October. Season runs from August 30 through November 23 and these are the primary date ranges planning to hunt.

Thx for reading and considering

21-Jul-22
I don't have outriggers, but I have a stable Old Town Discovery Sport square stern canoe you can borrow. It'll haul any moose you want.

21-Sep-22

KHunter's embedded Photo
KHunter's embedded Photo
Ended up using Alpacka packrafts. My brother and me each in our own raft. Perfect tool for this hunt.

Hunted opener beginning of Sept and return to the hunt on Friday to enjoy hunting the rut.

21-Sep-22
Looking forward to how those work out for you! Good luck!

• Sitka Gear