soccern23ny 26-Jul-22
Glunt@work 26-Jul-22
jlmatthew 26-Jul-22
Jaquomo 27-Jul-22
PECO2 27-Jul-22
Conative 27-Jul-22
Conative 27-Jul-22
23-Jul-22
Currently sitting on 16 Resident PP'S. for Mule Deer,What unit would you try and draw and what weapon Bow or Rifle ??

24-Jul-22
I say you missed out on a couple deer hunts already

24-Jul-22
I’m in the same boat. The archery season dates are currently garbage for deer in the western part of the season where a lot of guys would prefer to hunt. Maybe catch a couple good weeks early above tree line. Then there’s the option to hunt a later rifle season with a bow during the rut. Maybe the eastern plains with an outfitter. I think the eastern part of the state has some good bow hunting during the rut but it’s mostly private.

24-Jul-22
I’m in the same boat. The archery season dates are currently garbage for deer in the western part of the season where a lot of guys would prefer to hunt. Maybe catch a couple good weeks early above tree line. Then there’s the option to hunt a later rifle season with a bow during the rut. Maybe the eastern plains with an outfitter. I think the eastern part of the state has some good bow hunting during the rut but it’s mostly private.

24-Jul-22

26-Jul-22
What cnelk said. I cant fathom trying to stack that many points for so long

26-Jul-22
If you are in to rifle hunting, one of the early high country tags could be fun.

Then you could start going back to the same area during archery with little or no points in the future.

26-Jul-22
How did you acquire "Mule Deer" points? I've never seen that option?

Sorry, always find it funny when people say they drew mule deer tags, or points for mule deer, or if I'm on the west slope they shot a mule deer. All I hear is "I moved hear from back east" ;-)

27-Jul-22
KC, no archery tag is worth that with the current season dates, IMO. I would burn them for a great rifle rut hunt in one of the units west of you....

27-Jul-22
I agree with using them on a rifle season during the rut. You can still use your bow if you want.

27-Jul-22

Conative's embedded Photo
2nd Choice Bucks
2nd Choice Bucks
Thx all for replying, Ive been putting in for a preference point 1st choice and have drawn 2nd choice Deer tags 16 years in a row,Archery, Muzzeloader, and Rifle tags and have harvested a few Dandys over the years So its not like Ive missed out on any hunts and have accumilated 16 pp's in the process. IMO theres not a unit in Colorado anymore worth burning 16 points on.Maybe a ranching for Wildlife tag possibly. Unit 44 used to be the Hot spot back in the day,Anyway Im just throwing it out there for everyone and anyone to chime in with their thoughts... Thx KC

27-Jul-22

2nd Choice Bucks
2nd Choice Bucks

• Sitka Gear